2018 Fall TPL Discraft Season XIII: 50 Beers of Ultimate

Post all your league discussions here.

2018 Fall TPL Discraft Season XIII: 50 Beers of Ultimate

Postby iskric21 » Sun Oct 21, 2018 12:51 pm

Hi all,

I hope you all had lovely summers!

Parity League is back!

Lots of new changes and great news!

First off, TPL would like to welcome our newest member to TPL coordinators team: Agatha Hodsman! Best of luck in your new role!

Also, for the first time since TPL turned to the ratio of 3:3, there is a woman wait list! The future is female!

Welcome to the new GMs: Graham Haines, Meghan Janssen, Ben Goodman, Kevin Korecki, Puja Ahluwalia, Krystal Dos Santos, Laura Stanley, Matt Kishi, Kevin Rabichow, Rajiv Seneviratne, Mark Taylor, and Chris Wang!

And welcome back to returning GMs: Matt Colphon, Marisa Hart, Misiu Godfrey, Remi Ojo, Laura Weise, Anthony Slater, Greg Kramer, and Steph Schwartz!

Best of luck to all GMs this season, may the trades ever be i your favour! ;)

This year's theme is “50 Beers of Ultimate”.

This year’s draft is complete and the first week’s matchup are as follows
(by GMs last name):

8pm
Field 1: Korecki (home) vs. Slater/Kramer (away)
Field 2: Haines (home) vs. Wang (away)
9pm
Field 1: Janssen/Goodman (home) vs. Taylor/Schwartz (away)
Field 2: Hart/Kishi (home) vs. Godfrey (away)
10pm
Field 1: Dos Santos/Ahluwalia (home) vs. Ojo/Wiese (away)
Field 2: Stanley/Colphon (home) vs. Rabichow/Seneviratne (away)

Good luck to all GMs and players the first week back!

Remember to play safe and always play with Spirit!

See y’all this Wednesday October 24th!

M.
iskric21

Re: 2018 Fall TPL Discraft Season XIII: 50 Beers of Ultimate

Postby tron » Mon Oct 22, 2018 1:37 pm

Is there fantasy picks or the betting pool this year?
tron

Postby pferder » Tue Oct 23, 2018 4:39 pm

Who will step up and organize the betting pool????
pferder

Postby master_storm » Wed Oct 24, 2018 2:18 pm

In a super-delayed stats post, the last few games of 2018 spring have been tabulated. The following milestones have been reached

100 Goals
Calvin Ho
Crystal Sotelo

200 Total Assists
Calvin Ho

100 Ds
BC Roedde

50 Ds
Raoul Tanyan

100 Throwaways
Nicolas Zuniga
Gail Russel

$1,000,000 Salary Earned
Marisa Hart
Mathew Harder

50 Wins
Agatha Hodsman

20 Wins
Kat Zikov
Puja Ahluwalia

Joining Century Club (100G, 100A, 100 2A, 100D, 100TA)
BC Roedde

As we start season 13 of TPL here are some random stats for you
- Total Games recorded 17,604
- Total Salary Earned $373,477,000
- # of players who have played all 13 seasons (assuming they play 1 game this year) - 4

Top 5 Assists/Throwaway ratios of all time
Michelle Chandler 5.07
Kate Jardine 4.73
*Jessica Jia 4.63
Alice Chung 4.27
Wilkie Lewis 4.08

Top 5 Win %s of all time (min 10 games played)
Nick Pannu 94.12%
Miki Antonijevic 88.46%
Jed Henley 81.82%
David Burden 77.27%
*Krystal Dos Santos 77.27%

Top 5 most traded players of all time
*Colin Thompson 31
*Hin Tang 30
*Chris Faulkner 28
*Kieran Bol 27

Calvin Ho 24

*playing this season

Good luck to everyone playing this season
- the stats guy
master_storm

Postby haydizzle » Wed Oct 24, 2018 4:02 pm

very interesting, thank you.
haydizzle

Postby mcolphon » Wed Oct 24, 2018 4:41 pm

Those are some pretty cool stats. Also 3 seasons and I haven't hit 20 wins yet...eeek. Time to start scoring.
mcolphon

Postby mjanssen » Wed Oct 24, 2018 6:14 pm

In celebration of the first week of TPL, and for BBS participation points, I'm posting our welcome email to our inaugural roster. Also, so that those who are traded to our team later in the season to know that we weren't always this jaded, at one point we tried.

Since the completion of this email I've been unable to pun, and fear I never will again.

Looking forward to seeing everyone tonight. Cheers!

Welcome to Saison XIII of TPL!

If it's your first saison, welcome! If you're a returning participant, welcome back! I don't want Tuborg you with a lengthy email, just want to Foster an early sense of camaraderie, with a side of rye wit.
We hefe draughted a tun of great talent onto the roster, and I'm talking about ale of you. For our first game, I pitcher us focusing on trying to clink as a team, make weiser throws with the disc, know when to posset (schooner rather than lauter ideally), and not huck it. Let's ensure we're all getting even play, try not to dubbel or tripel shift. And true to TPL, you will be traded! Though some of you may last lager than others.

Our first game is at 9 on Wednesday, October 24! Please get off your Heineken you and mark your attendance on the TUC site asap! I don't want to be searching for suds at the last minute.
If you have any questions or concerns about the league this year, or about rules, or anything else - there's nothing too stube-d to cask, please don't hesitate to contact one or both of us.

Of Coors you must have guessed it by now, this saison's theme is BEER, we look forward to tipping a few back with you. Hop to see you Wednesday!

Your Brewmasters,
Keghan Jansstein and Beern Gruitman
mjanssen

Postby master_storm » Fri Oct 26, 2018 11:53 am

Season 13 - Week 1

Male MVP
This week’s male MVP is Julian Weinrib. This is his 1st MVP honors this year and 7th lifetime

2 Goals
6 Assists
0 2nd Assists
2 Ds
1 Throwaways
0 Receiver Error

Female MVP
This week's female MVP is Vikki Shimoda. This is her 1st MVP honors this year and her 6th lifetime.

7 Goals
0 Assists
0 2nd Assists
1 Ds
1 Throwaways
0 Receiver Error

Defensive players of the week
The male defensive player(s) of the week are Rajiv Seneviratne with 4 Ds
The female defensive player(s) of the week are Meghan Janssen with 4 Ds

Milestones

These people have reached the following lifetime milestones this week

200 Assists - Amanda Sheppard

50 Ds - Peter Hawkings

20 Wins - Audrey Fu
master_storm

Postby iskric21 » Sat Oct 27, 2018 3:49 am

Hi all,

I hope you are all well.

Week 1 is in the books!

Some games had parity, others didn’t.

For the first of the 8pm slots, Korecki played against Slater/Kramer on the showcase field. TPL newcomers on Korecki’s crew Alexa S. and Ryan N. both scored a total of 10 points combined to help the team to a 20-16 win. Agatha H. Alexa S., Amanda S. and (indoor) Ron S. all combined for 9 of the 12 of the team’s D’s. Slater/Kramer standout players were Irene T. and Leslie C. both had 3 goals apiece, while Gabe I. and Jason Z. combined for 7 second assists. Korecki won the game on D winning with 12 team D’s to Slater/Kramer’s 2 team D’s. Korecki’s Crew had 129 passes to Slater/Kramer’s 148 passes.

For the second of the 8pm slots, Wang’s team played against Haines’. I found out that at half time the score was 9-1 for Wang’s team and then ended up winning 19-8. Super sub, Patrick R. scored 4 goals and MVP of the week Julian W. scored 2 goals and 6 assists. Wang led his team with 3 of his teams 15 D’s, while Haines’ team had 6 team D’s. Chris Loat led Haines’ team with 33 touches, while Jacqueline S. scored 2 goals and had a great D. Wang’s team had 154 passes to Haines’ 138 passes.

For the first of the 9pm games, Janssen/Goodman lost to Schwartz/Taylor with a score of 22-19. It doesn’t look like Super Sub Aaron Hooper is slowing down, coming off of a Nationals Gold medal because he dominated the game by scoring 6 goals, 3 assists, 1 second assist, and 2 Ds. Of course Superstar Marianne Long was very involved in the stats, scoring 3 goals, 3 assists and a second assist. Surprisingly, Schwartz/Taylor only got 4 team D’s, while Janssen/Goodman’s team scored 14 D’s in the lose. Janssen/Goodman had 150 passes to Schwartz/Taylor;s 168 passes.

For the second of the 9pm games, Hart/Kishi played against Misiu and won 21-19. Nicole J., Sandeep K. and Marisa H. all scored 3 goals, while 4 players scored 3 or more assists. Hart/Kishi’s team score 14 D’s, while Misiu’s team scored 11. Dong-Ling C. led Misiu’s team with 5 goals, while Andy Z. led the team with 4 assists. 4 players on Misiu’s team scored 2 D’s.
Hart/Kishi’s team had 145 passes to Misiu’s 125 passes.

For the first of the 10pm games, Krystal/Puja played against Remi/Wiese and lost to the veteran GMs 18-13. Remi led the league this week with 9 assists. Deb Cohen had an amazing 5 second assists and Hayden A. scored 4 assists, both key assets to any team that they are on. Remi/Wiese’s team scored 11 team D’s, while Krystal/Puja’s team scored 8 team D’s. Krystal led her team with 3 goals, while Patrick M.K. and Keiran B. both scored 3 assists. Remi/Wiese’s team had 147 passes to Krystal/Puja’s 140 passes.

For the final matchup of the week, first time GM’s Rajiv S. and Kevin R. beat Colphon/Stanley with a score of 20-12. Krista B.R. had a great game with a goal, 2 assists, 3 second assists, and 1 D. Gareth C. scored an amazing 7 goals, 3 assists, and a D. Gosbee scored 6 goals and Bill Banaag scored 6 assists. Rajiv/Rabichow scored 12 D’s to Colphon/Stanley’s 7 D’s. Carolina Vargas led Colphon/Stanley’s team in total points with 1 goal, 3 assists, 4 second assists and 1 D. Ty C. had 5 goals, and not to be outdone, Keegan L.N. had 4 goals. Rajiv/Rabichow’s team had 117 passes to Cophon/Stanley’s 119 passes.

Lots of individual and team standouts this week. Wang’s team will be the most over cap with a plus/minus of +11 and Haines’ team will have the most cap to work with.

Trades to be posted shortly...Will you be traded?

Regards,

M.
iskric21

Postby iskric21 » Tue Oct 30, 2018 4:21 am

Hi all!

For the first time, I think in TPL history, there were no trades after week 1!
You are all safe for Halloween.

Week 2 Matchups are set!

8pm
Krystal/Puja vs. Kishi/Hart
Janssen/Goodman vs. Rajiv/Rabichow

9pm
Stanley/Colphon vs. Haines
Remi/Wiese vs. Wang

10pm
Schwartz/Taylor vs. Slater/Kramer
Godfrey vs. Korecki

Matchup reviews

Krystal/Puja
With 20 touches last week, Keiran B. is a lefty handler to watch out for and not to be outdone, Patrick M.K. had 17 touches and was very involved in the play when on the field. For women, Krystal dominated touches with 15 and is always a dynamic player on the field. Neil G. and Claire M. are always involved in moving the disc up the field and should not be taken lightly.

Kishi/Hart
With Norman L. and Kishi both getting over 20 touches last week, this team lives by the huck. Marisa H. is always an excellent cutter and will always be open. Nat W. is another fantastic handler with tons of high level and TPL experience. Peter H. and Nicole J. are both integral part to this team's success because of their constant hard cutting and D on the field.

Matchup
Last game Kishi/Hart got 14 team D’s and Krystal/Puja got 8 team D’s. Krystal/Puja are coming off of a week 1 loss, where Kishi/Hart or coming off of a 2 point win. In my opinion, Kishi/Hart have the better odds to win based on both teams performances last week and the way their teams are built.

Janssen/Goodman
Tommy Guns, Ben Goodman and Timothy Fowler all have 20+ touches, which means that they facilitate the offence for this team. Agatha H. is a phenomenal player and always has high number of touches on a week to week basis. Both of the GMs, Janssen and Goodman are always an endzone threat on whichever team they are on. Kevin C. and Fiona C. are both important to their team's success because of their excellent field awareness.

Rajiv/Rabichow
Holy moly, Gareth C. is the player to watch for with 7 goals, 3 assists and a D, and Andrew Gosbee, not to be outdone with 6 goals! Krista B.R. always has many touches and is an important piece on any team that she plays. And nobody likes covering Julie De Wolf, which is a compliment to her because of her excellent hustle and skill on the field. Bill Banaag is a fantastic thrower and is dangerous on offence. The captains Rajiv and Rabichow are both experienced players who bring a ton of value to their team.

Matchup
Last week Janssen/Goodman got 14 team D’s and Rajiv/Rabichow got 12 team D’s, so both teams able to generate turnovers. With Janssen/Goodman coming off of a week 1 loss and Rajiv/Rabichow coming off an 8 point win, I think Rajiv/Rabichow have the better odds of winning this week.

Colphon/Stanley
Ty C. And Keegan L.N. Both scored 5 and 4 goals respectively for their team in week 1, but the team only scored 12 total points. Carolina V. is a solid player to have on O and D and will help facilitate disc movement. Raoul T. and Jocelyne C. both play an integral role in distributing the disc and creating space. GMs Colphon and Stanley bring a hard working, go get ‘em mentality to the team.

Haines
With the team only scoring 8 points for the entire game in week 1, there is only room to improve. Loat and YCT always dominate touches and are integral handler on any team they are on. Adina A. is a fantastic cutter and plays shut down D, while R.T. Lechow brings great throws and an even greater attitude on and off of the field.

Matchup
Battle of the bottom two teams, who will win? Colphon/Stanley got 7 team D’s in week 1, while Haines’ team got 6 team D’s With very little height on Haines’ team, they will have trouble shutting down the combo of Ty and Keegan. So, I think Colphon/Stanley have the better odds of winning this week.

Remi/Weise
Vikki Shimoda is a force to be reckoned with on offence with 7 goals last game and Hayden A. is a player that will dominate touches and facilitate disc movement on the field. Anna K., Deb C., Alex B.B. and Jon B. are all players that make a difference on the field on offence. Of course, Remi and Wiese bring a boat load of experience with regards to GMing and dominating every personal matchup.

Wang
The first thing that stands out for Wang’s team is his strong lady core with Cat C., Jess J., Rosalind S. and Natalie Dunn, who all offer excellent handling and/or cutting skills to any team they are on. Of course, week 1 MVP Julian W. will always be at the top of the leaderboard throughout the season and is an asset to any team. Dario and Wang both offer many years of touring experience, both of who are capable of handling or cutting very well.

Matchup
Coming off of an 11 point win, Wang’s team is feeling confident, but not to be outdone is Remi/Wiese with a 5 point win last week. Wang’s team generated 15 team D’s, while Remi/Wiese generated 11 team D’s. Motivated Remi is a force to be reckoned with, but it is still only week 2, so I think Wang’s team has the edge in this weeks matchup.

Schwartz/Taylor
Top to bottom this team looks great on paper. Denton and Marianne combo is not only cute, but extremely lethal on the field. Megan L. and Amanda S. offer a wealth of handling experience and are an asset to any team they are on. Jarel V., Calvin H., Norman S., and Bryan K. (lefty) all are integral players because they bring hard work and hustle to any team they are on.

Slater/Kramer
Janet W., Lauren A. and Heidi S. are such difference makers on the field because Janet and Lauren bring hustle and excellent cutting, while Heidi brings a wealth of experience as a set handler and has wonderful throws. Gabe I. and Matt H. always are reliable handlers, both with great field awareness. GMs Krater and Slamer (mistake made in jest) bring comedy and fun to any team they are on. But, in all seriousness, they are hard working on the field and are excellent leaders in the huddle.

Matchup
With Schwartz/Taylor coming off of a 4 point win, and Slater/Kramer coming off of a 4 point loss, both are competing this week to make a statement. Slater/Kramer only generated 2 team D’s last week, while Schwartz/Taylor only came up with 4 team D’s. Not a bunch of turnovers. In my opinion, I think Schwartz/Taylor have the best odds of winning this week.

Misiu
With the re-emergence of the duo of BC (Jeremy R.) and Lily S., this tandem always aims to please the peanut gallery. Travis D.W., Misiu, and Andy Z. all are very important to any teams success because of their excellent field awareness and overall positive attitude. Anita B., Diane P. and Lori B. always bring handling experience and help facilitate disc movement. Nick H. and Peter F. are players that should not be taken lightly on the field.

Korecki
With Aaron Hooper and Korecki bringing height and dominant cutting in the endzone, Misiu’s team will have a handful when on D. Melissa M., Cathy W., and Audrey F. are all integral to any teams offence who all bring great vision and throws. Ron Siu brings countless dominant indoor seasons under his belt, and will always dominate any personal matchup on O. I am on this team, but will not write about myself and what i bring, besides a positive attitude and hard work on the field. Anders W. should not be underestimated because he has been playing in TPL for a while and know the game of TPL very well and plays to his strengths.

Matchup
Misiu’s team is coming off of a 2 point loss in week 1 and is looking to make a statement against Korecki’s team, who won by 4 the first week. Misui’s team generated 11 team D’s while, Korecki had 12 team D’s in week 1. I think Korecki’s team has the better odds of winning.

That wraps up this week’s matchups.

Good luck to all GMs and players this week, but don’t get too comfortable with your team bc next week you will probably be traded. :D

Regards,

M.
iskric21

Postby cut-chemist » Tue Oct 30, 2018 9:09 pm

Season 13 team names and their associated beer slogans:

Colt Laurty-Five:
Works every time.

Gramsterdam Zoneshaker:
Dam good beer.

The HeineBen Megstands:
Refreshes the parts other beers cannot reach.

Labatt Shoe:
A whole lot can happen out of the blue.

Mattella H’Artois:
Reassuringly expensive.

Old Schwilwaukee:
It doesn’t get any better than this.

Slateman’s Krame Ale:
Notoriously good.

The Wangover
Some guys just can’t handle Vegas.*

*Movie tagline
cut-chemist

Postby misiu » Thu Nov 01, 2018 10:35 am

cut-chemist wrote:Labatt Shoe:
A whole lot can happen out of the blue.

Close, but it's actually: "A whole lot can happen out of the Shoe".
misiu

Postby Big Country » Thu Nov 01, 2018 4:46 pm

Week 2 BBS Stats Post
Full stats leaderboard can be found here
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1F3wJvqe6naVQI4DWCTSBTQSBtLqaa54IYx91uf9yT_k/

Also, if you haven't done so, find the TPL facebook page and like it!

Male MVP
This week’s male MVP is BC Roedde. This is his 1st MVP honors this year and 3rd lifetime

2 Goals
13 Assists
0 2nd Assists
2 Ds
4 Throwaways
0 Receiver Error

Female MVP
This week's female MVP is Lily Steponaitis. This is her 1st MVP honors this year and her 7th lifetime.

11 Goals
4 Assists
3 2nd Assists
0 Ds
2 Throwaways
0 Receiver Error

The male defensive player(s) of the week are Julian Wienrib with 5 Ds
The female defensive player(s) of the week are Danielle Leung with 6 Ds

Leaderboards

Goals
Gareth Cawley 15
Lily Steponaitis 11
Dong-Ling Chen 11

Goals - Female
Lily Steponaitis 11
Dong-Ling Chen 11
Marianne Perko 8

Assists
BC Roedde 15
Bill Banaag 13
Norman Lew 11

Assists - Female
Stephanie Schwartz 6
Heidi Siu 6
Marianne Perko 5

2nd Assist
Kevin Korecki 9
Peter Hawkings 7
Misiu Godfrey 7

2nd Assist - Female
Debra Cohen 6
Megan Lee 5
Irene Tse 5

Most Ds
Rajiv Seneviratne 7
Julian Weinrib 7
Remi Ojo 6

Most Ds - Female
Danielle Leung 6
Meghan Janssen 5
Krystal Dos Santos 5

Throwaways
Norman Lew 12
BC Roedde 10
Greg Kramer 9

Top Salary
Bill Banaag 206000
Julian Weinrib 199000
Gareth Cawley 197500

Top Female Salary
Lily Steponaitis 182000
Marianne Perko 181000
Dong-Ling Chen 181000
Big Country

Postby mcolphon » Fri Nov 02, 2018 12:49 pm

Selected Trade Emails From the GM/Brew Master Email Chain
I'm only posting the ones that took more than 30 seconds to write.

Since the mid-2000s, opening a brewery has been a pretty solid business decision. Even as the total number of breweries in the Canada rapidly climbed toward the highest it’s ever been, the failure rate of new brewing operations was near zero. As a result, Remington's Brewing had to employ Catherine C to expand their Craft Brew division and hopefully turn things around.

In related news, Remi, a dentist, is at home arguing with his girlfriend, Andrea, about the bachelor party. Remi tells her that they are going to Napa Valley for a wine tasting. Remi treats Andrea very badly, but Andrea takes it with a smile and tries to hug him but he won't have any of it. Chris arrives and Andrea leaves with them.

Cat Chao for Andrea Nickel (Wangers and RW&Co)
-Remi

The ingredients in the Dump-pass IPujA just didn’t seem to be mixing smoothly, and the Kristol Brewing company just couldn’t see why. They tried to take an ingredient from Slateman’s Krame ale, but were stopped by the brewmasters.

The Company decided to go back and check as their employees must’ve been missing something, their salaries were fine, so instead of raising those, the company decided that optical insurance should be included in employee benefits.

Scoring a perfect 6/6ixers in their Eye test, Kristol and IPujA decided to take try again but this time take an extra ingredient from Slateman’s Krame ail.

And so, The Kristol Brewing Company came home with Janet Wan and Gabe Isaac and left Neil Griffith and Hilda AhChong out of the mix.
-Krystal

Clearly the drunk texting between Marisa and Matt Kishi has left them in totally different bars. No worry though, she has some friends coming to pick her up and take her back to... wherever it is she lives these days.

Designated Driver Dara Lo heads over to Marisa and Kishi.

Meanwhile, Colph and Laurty were busy dancing and throwing smarties at everyone. Obviously other people wanted to join the fun. So party girl Nicole James snuck out and join the Malt Liqour party.

Summary: Nicole James for Dara Lo.
-Colph

Well the trading party has been going on all day, and now that Nicole has chugged her first Colph Laurty-Five things have REALLY gotten LITTTTT.

Nicole started mashing buttons on the GM hotline and pretty soon Rajiv and Kevin picked up the phone. Next thing we know our casual get together turned into a two-team brew-ha-ha. Tables were flipped, chairs were smashed, and by the time the dust cleared, Chengxin and Catherine had cracked open some four-fives while speedsters Jocelyn and Justin had run down the street to trash the Huck-a-Beer house.

Summary:
Chengxin Guo for Justin Weeeeeeeee!
AND
Catherine Pelletier for Jocelyn Chan
-Colph

After a long night partying I woke up to my phone at 5%, with several missed texts and snaps. Apparently while Laura was encouraging everyone to do a new a new spirit/drinking game called the “Keg-Stanley”, Hin and recused himself and popped open a bottle of scotch he found on the sidelines. The sweet aroma of peaty moss drew a discerning Peter Ferderber away from his cup of Labatt Shoe and the two enjoyed several rounds and discussed “the good ol’ days of TPL” when they used to walk to Monarch uphill, both ways and play games under a candlelit dome.

Once the bottle was done, Hin stumbled out, past Keg-Stanley, and to have a few cups of Labatt for ‘old time’s sake’.

Summary:

Peter Ferderber for Hin Tang
-Colph (again)
mcolphon

Postby haydizzle » Fri Nov 02, 2018 2:16 pm

walk to Monarch uphill, both ways and play games under a candlelit dome.
:lol: :lol: :lol:
haydizzle

Postby mcolphon » Fri Nov 02, 2018 2:28 pm

After about 20 failed trade attempts on our part, we've finally traded a guy.

Beer, beer, something, something, yadda yadda, beer, beer. Kegstand. Heineken. Beer beer.

Tim Fowler and Fiona Cheng (Goodman/Janssen) for
Pat Russell and Emily Temple (Slater/Kramer)
-Benny G

This one is DEFINITELY going in the BBS
right Colphon?!?
-Remi
mcolphon

Postby krystal_ds » Fri Nov 02, 2018 5:08 pm

I meant to post this last week but got busy. In the spirit of things I’ve seen in the past here is the first chapter of the TPL epic.

The Hennessy
Chapter 1

The Hennessy

Here I begin my tale of our hero Henneseus, the finest craftsman that IPujA of the Kristol Brewing company ever employed.

Having conquered cities with his Trojan Pale Ale, he decided to expand and conquer new territories.

He and his crew landed on an island lush with golden wheat and barley, the perfect ingredients for his newest creation: the Dump-Pass IPujA.
But as he took a step toward those golden crops, the brewmasters of the island took hold of his crew and brought them to a dark tavern. This land, the land of TPL was theirs, and they made the rules.
And every week they brewed troubling recipes for the GMs of the land. Trading employees, ingredients and the like, everything was in their control.

In an effort to get away, Henneseus threw a beer into their faces and ran. As he escaped, the Brewmasters cursed him, asking for his name.

“No one!” he shouted, and so the Brewmasters decided to create their first rule of the season around him.

“This week No One will be traded, No One will face our wrath!”

And thus week one was concluded.
You must be a cutter, 'cause you're too hot to handle
krystal_ds

Postby master_storm » Mon Nov 05, 2018 11:36 am

Milestones

These people have reached the following milestones

100 Throwaways - Matt Harder

$1,000,000 - Kevin Korecki

50 Wins Andrew Gosbee

We've also added a new milestone category
$5,000,000 - it's list includes
Norman Lew
Tyler Curtis
Gareth Cawley
Julian Weinrib
master_storm

Postby krystal_ds » Mon Nov 05, 2018 4:31 pm

The Hennesy

Chapter 2

Henneseus and the Kristol Brewing company traversed the island of TPL setting up shop far away in the province of BC. Here their Dump-Pass IPujA did better, their sales were tied with the Mattella Hartois, a popular veteran brand. But still they had not escaped the eyes of the Brewmasters.
For the trouble that Henneseus had caused in the first week, the Brewmasters ruled that all breweries in the land of TPL should trade one female and one male employee.

Along with his ale Henneseus began to brew a plan, one that would overthrow the Brewmasters of TPL. He sent out an encrypted message to Slateman’s. The BC brewmaster however had keen eyes and intercepted the message before it arrived.

Henneseus tried again, he threw a party and invited all the breweries. Amidst the chaotic drinking and partying that went on that night, Henneseus sent two messages, and somehow both made it through.

That night, many employees stumbled and crashed their way to new Breweries, many even ended up with a massive wangover. But Henneseus had completed his task, kept the rest of his employees running a tight ship, and so concluded the week with a plan to conquer the land and Overthrow the Brewmasters.
You must be a cutter, 'cause you're too hot to handle
krystal_ds

Postby rajiv » Tue Nov 06, 2018 1:02 pm

*Sorry made a mistake with the goals and wins earlier, it's fixed now*

Hi all,

Just wanted to give some fun lifetime stats for players in the league this year. There have been 620 (or 619 depending on whether A man da Moore is a real person or just the stat line for Amanda playing a male spot) people who have played in TPL.
The top five for games played this season are.
Tyler Curtis – 142
Anthony Slater – 136
Norman Lew – 136
Ed Kung – 134
Chris Loat/Hin Tang – 132

Top 5 for wins
Anthony Slater – 82.5
Matthew Denon – 79
Julian Weinrib – 77
Norman Lew – 72.5
Chris Loat – 68.5

Top 5 for goals
Tyler Curtis – 775
Gareth Cawley – 588
Meghan Janssen – 481
Julian Weinrib – 411
Aaron Hooper – 332

To Avoid this post getting too long I’ll leave some of the other total stats for another day and go over some rate stats and ratios. Will probably also break the numbers by gender at a later time as well.

Top 5 for Goals/Game
Gareth Cawley – 5.7
Tyler Curtis – 5.5
Lily Steponaitis – 4.45
Leslie Campbell - 4
Remi Ojo – 3.8

Top 5 for Total Assists/Game
Bill Banaag – 8.2
Norman Lew – 7.7
BC Roedde – 7.4
Greg Kramer – 7.2
Remi Ojo – 6.4

Top 5 for D’s/Game
Krystal Dos Santos – 2.7
Remi Ojo – 2.4
Bill Banaag/Josh McPhie/Jason Zhou – 2.0

Top 5 for D’s/Turnover
Alex Gaglione/Tiffany Huebel/Alice Feng – Divide by Zero Error
Scot Koshman – 3
Olivia Chung - 2
If we consider people with more than 2 games played, then the top 5 includes, Travis DeWolf (1.8 ), Aaron Hooper (1.5), Mark Taylor (1.2), Krystal Dos Santos (1.2), and Jessica Jia (1.1).

Top 5 for Total Assists/Drops
Alex Gaglione/Tiffany Huebel/Alice Feng/Scot Koshman/Oliver Cheng/Rahil Suleman/Lily Kao/Neil Griffith/Alexa Skinner/Robert Stalker/Teddy Carter – Divide by Zero Error

For those of whom have more than 2 games played then the top 5 includes, Rahil Suleman (still infinitely good hands in 6 games), Rajiv Seneviratne (53), Chris Loat (38.3), Matthew Denton (27.5), and Norman Lew (25.4).

Top 5 for Salary/Win
Kevin Wang - $114,000
Patrick Meredith-Karam - $114,000
Lily Steponaitis - $103,060
Tyler Curtis - $95,344
Remi Ojo - $92,078

Bottom 5 for Salary/Win with more than 9 games played and greater than 50% winning percentage (i.e. best underrated value?)
Kelsey Waugh - $2,308 (54% in 24 games)
Gwyneth Gerecke - $5,286 (70% in 10 games)
Heidi Siu – $15,061 (57.7% in 84 games)
Irene Tse - $15,500 (69.2% in 13 games)
Dara Lo - $15,513 (68.5% in 27 games)

I'll try to get to some more of these next week. If there is any stat or combination of stats you'd like me to look at in some detail let me know and I'll see what I can do. :)
rajiv

Postby haydizzle » Thu Nov 08, 2018 11:29 am

I would like to take some time to point out this masterpiece in stat keeping

courtesy of zone, is this a record? I would like to know what the most touches on a TPL possession is.
haydizzle

Postby mcolphon » Thu Nov 08, 2018 7:51 pm

So. much. swinging.
mcolphon

Postby mcolphon » Thu Nov 08, 2018 7:54 pm

Meanwhile in the Colph Laurty-Five facebook chat...

*Matt added Travis Bird to the group*

Matt: Everyone say hi to Travis Bird!

Laura: we are slowly collecting every TPL player in the leagueeeeeeeeeeee

Travis: ahaha very funny you guys, i happen to KNOW that shoe would never trade me.
Travis: great joke though i'll see you out there

*Travis Bird left the group*

Matt: BAHAHAHAHA. Best entrance ever.

I guess it's going to be awkward for Travis when he get's back from vacation...
mcolphon

Postby rajiv » Fri Nov 09, 2018 1:36 pm

BBS Stats Post
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... 91uf9yT_k/

Male MVP
This week’s male MVP is Matt Kishi. This is his 1st MVP honors this year and 2nd lifetime

5 Goals
6 Assists
1 2nd Assists
5 Ds
5 Throwaways
0 Receiver Error

Female MVP
This week's female MVP is Lily Steponaitis. This is her 2nd MVP honors this year and her 7th lifetime.

5 Goals
6 Assists
2 2nd Assists
3 Ds
5 Throwaways
0 Receiver Error

The male defensive player(s) of the week are Matt Kishi with 5 Ds
The female defensive player(s) of the week are Dara Lo, Anna Kazmierska and Lily Steponitis with 3 Ds

Leaderboards

Goals
Gareth Cawley 20
Lily Steponaitis 16
Dong-Ling Chen 15

Goals - Female
Lily Steponaitis 16
Dong-Ling Chen 15
Marianne Perko 11

Assists
BC Roedde 18
Matthew Denton 17
Bill Banaag 17

Assists - Female
Lily Steponaitis 10
Heidi Siu 8
Marianne Perko 7

2nd Assist
Peter Hawkings 9
Misiu Godfrey 9
Kevin Korecki 9

2nd Assist - Female
Allison Soong 8
Irene Tse 7
Anita C Benoit 7

Most Ds
Rajiv Seneviratne 10
Matt Kishi 9
Julian Weinrib 9

Most Ds - Female
Danielle Leung 7
Krystal Dos Santos 6
Rosalind Sham 5

Throwaways
Norman Lew 16
BC Roedde 15
Greg Kramer 14

Top Salary
Gareth Cawley 248000
Julian Weinrib 247500
Lily Steponaitis 245500

Top Female Salary
Lily Steponaitis 245500
Dong-Ling Chen 221000
Marianne Perko 199000

Milestones

These people have reached the following milestones

100 Goals -
250 Goals -
500 Goals -

200 Assists - Nick Hung
500 Assists -

50 Ds - Ammanda Sheppard & Marisa Hart
100 Ds - Matt Kishi

100 Throwaways -
250 Throwaways

$1,000,000 - Rebecca Chan
$2,000,000 - Misiu Godfrey
$5,000,000 -

20 Wins -
50 Wins -

Century Club (100G, 100A, 100 2A, 100D, 100TA) -
rajiv

Postby mcolphon » Fri Nov 09, 2018 6:58 pm

And now for this week's best of trade emails...

Well, it was off to Vegas for the Wangover and the Kristol Brewing Company. Although what happens in Vegas stays in Vegas, we’ll give you a few hints at what happened that night.

IPujA started off the night downing a couple of Jacki (Gunton) Daniels and decided she liked the taste. Unfortunately, Janet Wandered away that night with PMK. During their wandering they found Julian drunk on a whole Weinrack of the Kristol Brewing company’s finest wines and convinced him to go find and join them.

Kristol challenged Wangers to a round of Rahilette and he lost Suleman. Now he had something to prove. He tried again, asking Andrew to Hold his beer, but he lost that one too. Later that night, he snuck into the Kristol Brewing company, took a look at the list of employees and stole all the Wangs he could find. He stole Kevin Wang, but he also was a victim of autocorrect. He took a wagner instead of a wanger.

So the trip to Vegas ended, Wangers finally completing his quest to have the BEST Wangover/Huangover he could ever have.

Summary:
Julian Weinrib
Andrew Ho
Rahil Suleman
Jacki Gunton

For
Kevin Wang
Dan Wagner
Janet Wan
Patrick Meridith-Karam
Krystal

Someone stop this man, he's got too many Wangs!
Benny G

Who wants to trade Wangs for Wongs next week?
Wangers

Janssen opened her eye(s), it was still dark. Her head pounded, her mouth was dry, Wangers could be heard sobbing softly in the corner, and in the distance, sirens. The GM party got a little out of hand last night she mused, as she peered down the hallway to a mess of red cups, beer stains, broken furniture and dry fit clothes scattered like deflated remnants of the bodies they once contained.

Krystal and Puja were in the kitchen making breakfast, unaffected by the previous nights festivities. Janssen was envious of their youth and promised herself never to try to keep to their carefree consumption up as she stumbled past Slater and Kramer, limbs entwined, still unconscious on the kitchen’s cold linoleum floor.

She needed to find Ben, he promised he’d get her home this morning. She descended the stairs, passing Misiu, who was being dragged the opposite way by his ear by an unimpressed Shep, two 40s of Colph 45 still taped to each of his palms.

Steph was at the bottom of the stairs in the dark begging passerby to turn on the lights as it was a Saturday and she was forbidden. Judging by the giant phallice inked across her cheek, Janssen guessed it would be best to keep her in the dark and ignored her pleas.

She walked past the bathroom’s open door to spot Marisa, head in the toilet bowl as Kishi held her hair back and muttering “you could have drank at least one normally. Why did you need to shotgun EVERY beer?” Janssen quickly realized this narrative was going nowhere so she Marisa and Kishi decided at that point to satisfy the BMR and swapped Kevin Christensen for Arthur Pang and promised never to write a trade email again.

Kevin Christensen —> Matella
Arthur Pang —-> Heineben

Janssen

WHO WON? YOU DECIDE!!!!
mcolphon

Postby rajiv » Tue Nov 13, 2018 2:04 pm

Hey all, just wanted to share some more stats from the season thus far and the historical data for long-time players.

I'll be looking at the Top 2, average, and bottom 2 teams:

Goals
1. Labatt Shoe – 79 goals
2. Mattella H’Artois – 64 goals
Average – 57 goals
11. Gramsterdam Zoneshaker – 47 goals
12. Colph Laurty-Five – 46 goals

Female goals percentage
1. Dump-Pass – 58.33%
2. HeineBen Megstands – 55.77%
Average – 45.87%
11. Korecki Bready Brew Crew – 32.31%
12. Gramsterdam Zoneshaker – 31.91%

Female points percentage (G, A, 2nd A)
1. Labatt Shoe – 48%
2. Old Schwilwaukee – 42%
Average – 38%
11. Colph Laurty-Five – 35%
12. Matella H’Artois – 33%

D’s
1. Wangover – 45
2. Mattella H’Artois/Labatt Shoe – 44
Average – 34
11. Slateman’s Krame Ale – 21
12 Old Schwilwaukee – 16

Possessions
1. Labatt Shoe – 160
2. Huck-A-Beer – 155
Average – 144
11. Dump – Pass – 136
12. Wangover – 132

Goals/Possession
1. Labtt Shoe – 0.49
2. Old Schwilwaukee – 0.45
Average – 0.40
11. Gramsterdam Zoneshaker – 0.33
12. Colph Laurty-Five – 0.31
rajiv

Postby rajiv » Tue Nov 13, 2018 2:19 pm

I also wanted to look at the lifetime stats of the women in the league this year.

Top 5 goals
Meghan Janssen – 483
Vikki Shimoda – 247
Marianne Perko – 224
Amanda Sheppard – 139
Danielle Leung – 139

Top 5 Total Assists
Natalie Wong – 332
Megan Janssen – 236
Lori Bristow – 207
Amanda Sheppard – 206
Carolina Vargas/Heidi Siu – 185

D’s
Meghan Janssen – 77
Danielle Leung – 65
Agatha Hodsman – 64
Carolina Vargas – 62
Amanda Sheppard/Marisa Hart – 50

Number of time traded
Gail Russel – 23
Anita Benoit – 21
Jennifer Law – 20
Heidi Siu – 18
Meghan Janssen/Amanda Sheppard – 17

Win Percentage
Krystal Dos Santos – 71%
Dara Lo – 70%
Andrea Nickel – 69%
Laura Archilla – 65%
Natalie Dunn – 65%

Salary/Game
Lily Steponitis - $42,285
Krystal Dos Santos - $36,500
Jessica Jia - $31,322
Marianne Perko - $31,262
Laura Archilla - $26,885

D/Turnover
Alice Feng – 2
Krystal Dos Santos – 1.16
Jessica Jia - 1.1
Laura Archilla – 1.09
Sara Thompson – 1

Goals/Receiver Error
Jessica Jia – 14
Marianne Perko – 11.79
Laura Archilla – 10.29
Vikki Shimoda – 8.82
Andrea Nickel – 8.5

Total Good (G, A, 2nd A, D) / Total Bad (TO, RE)
Jessica Jia – 7.17
Laura Archilla – 6.56
Marianne Perko – 6.39
Alice Feng – 5
Laura Weise – 4.2375
rajiv

Postby rajiv » Fri Nov 16, 2018 4:02 pm

BBS Stats Post
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... 91uf9yT_k/

Male MVP
This week’s male MVP is Greg Kramer. This is his 1st MVP honors this year and 2nd lifetime

3 Goals
6 Assists
5 2nd Assists
0 Ds
2 Throwaways
0 Receiver Error

Female MVP
This week's female MVP is Krystal Dos Santos. This is her 1st MVP honors this year and her 4th lifetime.

2 Goals
4 Assists
2 2nd Assists
5 Ds
0 Throwaways
0 Receiver Error

The male defensive player(s) of the week are Misiu Godfrey with 4 Ds
The female defensive player(s) of the week are Krystal Dos Santos with 5 Ds

Leaderboards

Goals
Gareth Cawley 27