View topic - Teaching Ultimate to Grade 6, 7, and 8 Kids

Teaching Ultimate to Grade 6, 7, and 8 Kids

Sharing the Knowledge!

Moderator: ethan_m

Teaching Ultimate to Grade 6, 7, and 8 Kids

Postby Drew_Hui » Wed Mar 24, 2010 12:35 pm

My girlfriend who is a teacher at a middle school in Toronto has started teaching the kids at her school the basics of Ultimate, with the goal of starting a team to compete in the inter-school league.

There has been huge interest, with over 60 kids coming to the initial training clinics. Many of them show great promise in the sport. But with no other teachers knowledgeable in the sport, she has the near impossible task of coaching and trying to figure out who would be suitable for the team.

If anyone here has some spare time during the after school hours and would like to help with training these young kids, please let me know. I would love to see these kids improve, and hopefully move up to our Juniors and tour later on!

\\Andrew
Drew_Hui

Postby ashunter » Wed Mar 24, 2010 3:15 pm

What part of town is the school located in?
ashunter
TUC Board of Directors

Postby -JR- » Wed Mar 24, 2010 4:43 pm

During school hours, TUC can offer teaching sessions at a relatively low cost. Email schools@tuc.org if interested.

In the summer time, we have our Toronto Juniors Summer League (TJSL) which runs mid-June to end of August, in 3 different regions of the City (west, north, east). Only a TUC Juniors membership is required ($25) to participate in TJSL.

Also on June 12 at Sunnybrook Park we will be hosting our 2nd Annual Juniors Open House for youth aged 14 and under. It's FREE.

Visit http://www.tuc.org/Juniors for more details on TUC Juniors!
-JR-

Postby Drew_Hui » Thu Mar 25, 2010 10:53 am

The school is Elia Middle School, it's in the Keele and Finch area.

JR, thanks for the info - I knew about the paid clinics but not the other stuff. I'll be sure to have my girlfriend look into it! 8)
Drew_Hui

Return to Clinics and Player Development