View topic - Position designations

Position designations

Announcements, complaints and other discussion about all aspects of our website.

Position designations

Postby muskokajoe » Mon Mar 25, 2013 2:25 pm

These are verry nice. :) I like how I can change my preferred role by team.

I'm sure captains are already looking forward to making subtle hints to their players. "Handler"? No. "Striker"! ;)

I've never understood D- and O-line designations in Ultimate. It would suck to be a D-line handler if your team's D was inept. If you play on Goat, and most points only include one possession, then fine, but in my world, a point can include so many possession changes that we often don't even remember who pulled.:oops:

Aaanyway, what I really wanted to ask was if we could add (custom?) options, including: "Poacher", "Swiller", "Lane-plugger", "HuckEyes", etc. Just asking.

thanks,

Doug
"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing." - George Bernard Shaw
muskokajoe

Postby cdilla » Mon Mar 25, 2013 3:13 pm

Yes I agree, would love to be able to change positions.

Perhaps missionary?
cdilla

Postby GregS » Tue Mar 26, 2013 12:35 pm

Too complicated! This feature is really aimed more at sports like hockey, but I figured it doesn't hurt to have it for Ultimate too... In other sports, you see, it ties into stat tracking, so that it doesn't ask for the number of goals scored by a goalie (though you can enter that if you need to...) or saves by a forward or faceoffs by a defenceman. Allowing you to make up your own position would totally mess with that.
Did you get that thing I sent you?
GregS
TUC Webmaster

Return to TUC Website