View topic - JavaScript update in Zuluru

JavaScript update in Zuluru

Announcements, complaints and other discussion about all aspects of our website.

JavaScript update in Zuluru

Postby GregS » Mon Nov 18, 2013 11:21 pm

Version 1.6.15 of Zuluru has just been released. This version updates the JavaScript libraries that Zuluru uses:
  • The jQuery and jQueryUI libraries have been updated to the latest version, and now load from the primary CDN instead of your site, which should speed up average page loads.
  • The jQuery Tools library has seen very little work in the past couple of years, and is growing increasingly incompatible with the latest jQuery. The Tools library was only being used for the Tooltip class which handled the various popups, so it has been eliminated and popup functionality replaced with the main jQuery Tooltip library. You may need to refresh the page to get the latest version of the style sheet that supports this change.
  • The jQueryUI theme has been changed to one that better matches the standard Zuluru colour scheme. This pretty much just means that popup dialogs have a blue title bar now instead of orange.

The new version of jQuery has some incompatibilities with the previous version. I have gone through their upgrade guide and I believe that I have found, fixed and tested all affected code. Please let me know ASAP if you find anything JavaScript related (e.g. anything where one part of the screen reacts to a change made somewhere else, like things being hidden and shown based on a check box or drop-down, "select all", etc.) that looks broken.
Did you get that thing I sent you?
GregS
TUC Webmaster

Re: JavaScript update in Zuluru

Postby lwswong » Tue Nov 19, 2013 3:46 pm

english please?????
lwswong

Postby Crunchy » Tue Nov 19, 2013 6:09 pm

-You got a new car. It is a little bit better than your previous car. For the most part, everything is the same as you still have to follow the speed limit. Oh but wait, you found a better route to Monarch, so you should expect to get to your games quicker from now on.

-You are getting old and slow. You can't keep up with the kids playing ultimate anymore. The only reason we needed you was because you fronted the money for the team. We found someone else to front the money. Refresh the page to say goodbye to Lawrence and hi to the new guy.

-We're switching from orange jerseys to blue jerseys.
Crunchy

Postby Edk001 » Tue Nov 19, 2013 9:36 pm

TUC will be offering clinics on understanding GregSpeak soon.
Are you photo worthy? Then lay out for the camera!
Edk001

Postby GregS » Wed Nov 20, 2013 1:20 pm

Crunchy wrote:-You got a new car. It is a little bit better than your previous car. For the most part, everything is the same as you still have to follow the speed limit. Oh but wait, you found a better route to Monarch, so you should expect to get to your games quicker from now on.

-You are getting old and slow. You can't keep up with the kids playing ultimate anymore. The only reason we needed you was because you fronted the money for the team. We found someone else to front the money. Refresh the page to say goodbye to Lawrence and hi to the new guy.

-We're switching from orange jerseys to blue jerseys.

Nicely done! Where's the like button? Oh yeah...

To sum up in a different way:
GregS wrote:Please let me know ASAP if you find anything ... that looks broken.
Did you get that thing I sent you?
GregS
TUC Webmaster

Return to TUC Website