View topic - iCal \ Zuluru \ HappyTC issues?

iCal \ Zuluru \ HappyTC issues?

Announcements, complaints and other discussion about all aspects of our website.

iCal \ Zuluru \ HappyTC issues?

Postby muskokajoe » Mon Aug 09, 2010 9:17 am

I don't see a post here, so I figure I'll inquire (enquire?)... ...anyway:

HappyTC has gone a little squirrely, with what seems to be a daily (!?) update from iCal
MORE INFO:

Zuluru: Game added from iCalendar sched on 2010/08/09 03:05:16 GMT-0500
Zuluru: Game added from iCalendar sched on 2010/08/08 03:04:45 GMT-0500.
Zuluru: Game added from iCalendar sched on 2010/08/07 03:05:00 GMT-0500.

I assume this is just a growing pain, please advise otherwise. Manually updating statuses is a small pain....

Other stuff all looks very nice - looking forward to fooling with the mobile version!! :D
"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing." - George Bernard Shaw
muskokajoe

Postby TJROX » Mon Aug 09, 2010 11:28 am

We're having similar issues with iCal and HappyTC. Last night when the schedule auto-synced, it removed all the recorded attendance for this week's game, and it also removed the invitations to the game so Ihad to re-invite players to that game. Also, on the TUC schedule, under the column "Score", I am seeing a button that says iCal next to this week's game... seems out of place?
TJROX

Postby GregS » Mon Aug 09, 2010 11:44 am

A bug has just been fixed in the calculation of the internal id that's used to identify games. This fix the sync issue, and your original attendance details might return after the next sync tonight (or, I think there's an option for captains to force it to sync manually, which you might try).

The iCal button next to individual games on the schedule is for exporting that single game's details, intended mainly for Outlook users to add games to their calendar one by one as they are scheduled.
Did you get that thing I sent you?
GregS
TUC Webmaster

Postby rickmc » Mon Aug 09, 2010 1:12 pm

Ahh cool! Ignore my email Greg - thanks for tackling that so quick! :thumleft:
rickmc

Postby kdr » Mon Aug 09, 2010 3:13 pm

Greg, perhaps you've fixed this already, but things still look wonky my personal calendars. Apparently I have a big pile of games all scheduled for this afternoon, at the times the calendars were last refreshed, for both of my Tuesday and Thursday teams.

After seeing this thread and hoping that things were fixed I just re-established one of my iCal subscriptions from scratch and ended up with a calendar for this week that looks something like https://files.me.com/kelly.rodger/vp1fcz

Thanks.
kdr

Postby GregS » Mon Aug 09, 2010 4:23 pm

That is pretty messed up, Kelly. I notice they're all games from last year, do you have the same problem with this year's schedule?
GregS
TUC Webmaster

Postby kdr » Mon Aug 09, 2010 9:03 pm

That's the funny part. That is this years schedule. Those iCal subscriptions were showing my correct schedule this summer up until the recent changes, and that's what I have now. Later on tonight or tomorrow if I get a chance I'll delete them entirely and see what happens if I start from scratch.
kdr

Postby GregS » Mon Aug 09, 2010 9:16 pm

But, the notes on all of the games have real dates in them, and they're all 2009 dates. And a bunch of them are against teams that don't exist this year. I'm guessing that there's an old calendar still subscribed in there somewhere, and something about the new export has messed it up. There may well be a problem with the new calendar too...
GregS
TUC Webmaster

Re: iCal \ Zuluru \ HappyTC issues?

Postby pjw » Mon Aug 09, 2010 10:20 pm

Hi muskokajoe,

As you can see from Greg's post the iCal export from tuc.org was undergoing some maintenance, hence the downstream hiccups you saw from HappyTC.

muskokajoe wrote:I don't see a post here, so I figure I'll inquire (enquire?)... ...anyway:
HappyTC has gone a little squirrely, with what seems to be a daily (!?) update from iCal...

Sounds like Greg has it all under control now (and TUC had better be careful, HappyTC will poach him away to join our tech support team ;-) )

HappyTC tech support

pjw

Postby muskokajoe » Mon Aug 09, 2010 11:35 pm

I have complete faith, and I'm confident that the best possible people are on it. That's why I pay my very-reasonably-priced league (and HappyTC) fees. :)

thanks!

Doug.
"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing." - George Bernard Shaw
muskokajoe

Postby Lana » Thu Aug 12, 2010 2:21 pm

I apologize if this issue has been mentioned already. Earlier in the week there was bad weather. I wanted to contact the other team captain to confirm we were still playing. However, as team captains we no longer seem to have access to the email addresses for the other team captains. I think we should.

Lana
Lana

Postby muskokajoe » Thu Aug 12, 2010 4:38 pm

Hi Lana,

If you log in, click on "my games", then click on the other team, then click on the captain's name, you should see the everything the captain has published, including email address, phone numbers, favourite flavour of ice cream(?), etc. (there are probably other, easier ways - this one just worked for me now)

Perhaps the captain from last week doesn't have anything published? You can try the captain from the week before to see if that's the trouble..... If it is the trouble, that's pretty bad form, and you can ask your convenor to demand that the offending party straighten up and fly right?! :)

Hope this helps.....

Doug.
muskokajoe

Postby muskokajoe » Thu Aug 12, 2010 4:45 pm

I just checked, and assuming you're referring to Mojo, it seems that the first captain listed has no info. :? :x :oops: :?: :!: :roll: The second captain has an email address, though. :wink:
muskokajoe

Postby Lana » Thu Aug 12, 2010 5:29 pm

It was Mojo and the issue seems to have been corrected. Thanks!
Lana

Postby Chewbacca » Sun Aug 22, 2010 11:30 am

Not sure if this is an issue with the .ics files or mozilla lightning, but the .ics calendars no longer show the games on mozilla lightning when installed over the network or locally.

I can see the scheduling in the .ics files, so it might be a lightning issue - anyway, just wanted provide you with some feedback. Otherwise, really liking the new services that Zuluru is providing!
Chewbacca

Postby GregS » Mon Aug 23, 2010 11:02 pm

I've made two more little tweaks to the output, hopefully this will fix iCal and Lightning as well as missing opponent names in HappyTC.
GregS
TUC Webmaster

Postby Chewbacca » Wed Aug 25, 2010 10:54 am

Just wanted to let you know that the calendar shows up Lightning now. Thanks for all the hard work. It's turning out great!
Chewbacca

Postby kdr » Wed Aug 25, 2010 3:23 pm

All better for me now as well Greg. Thanks.
kdr

Postby GregS » Wed Aug 25, 2010 3:27 pm

Thanks for your patience, everyone. The missing opponent name in HappyTC has been tracked down too. It's not a Zuluru bug, but a fix to be made on the HappyTC side (it's not really a bug, but will require a code change there to fully support Zuluru). Patrick's on the case and it should be resolved soon, I expect.
GregS
TUC Webmaster

Postby GregS » Tue Aug 31, 2010 1:05 pm

I can confirm that opponent information is once again being populated in HappyTC. I believe that this resolves the last of the iCal issues, and we can put this thread to rest.

Coming before 2011: Personal iCal feeds with all of your games, across all teams. This won't be useful for HappyTC, but will work nicely with iCal, Google Calendar, Mozilla Lightning, etc.
GregS
TUC Webmaster

Return to TUC Website