View topic - Viewing Attendance Comments on Mobile Devices

Viewing Attendance Comments on Mobile Devices

Announcements, complaints and other discussion about all aspects of our website.

Viewing Attendance Comments on Mobile Devices

Postby Crunchy » Tue Jan 08, 2013 1:01 pm

Hi Greg,

Is there a way to view the attendance comments from a mobile device?

I think on a desktop browser, it relies on the "title" attribute to show it as a tooltip on mouseover, but I can't figure out a way to trigger that on a mobile device.

I struggle to use TV remotes, so if there's a trick to see it, let me know!

Thanks,

Bill
Crunchy

Re: Viewing Attendance Comments on Mobile Devices

Postby GwaiLo » Tue Jan 08, 2013 1:06 pm

You can see the comment if you select "comment" from the drop down for that specific person's attendance. But yes, it's a bit of a process. I'm sure Greg will chime in, but just thought I would mention that there is a way to see it.
GwaiLo

Postby Crunchy » Tue Jan 08, 2013 1:16 pm

GwaiLo wrote:You can see the comment if you select "comment" from the drop down for that specific person's attendance. But yes, it's a bit of a process. I'm sure Greg will chime in, but just thought I would mention that there is a way to see it.

Oh, that must be because you are a captain or have authority to change the comment. I only have that option for myself.
Crunchy

Postby GwaiLo » Tue Jan 08, 2013 1:24 pm

Crunchy wrote:
GwaiLo wrote:You can see the comment if you select "comment" from the drop down for that specific person's attendance. But yes, it's a bit of a process. I'm sure Greg will chime in, but just thought I would mention that there is a way to see it.

Oh, that must be because you are a captain or have authority to change the comment. I only have that option for myself.

Wait a minute....are you saying that people on your team, other than your captain, actually care about / look at that stuff? What type of team is this that you play for???
GwaiLo

Postby GregS » Tue Jan 08, 2013 1:59 pm

I haven't figured out a good way to do this yet. It seems to me that mobile browsers should implement some way to simulate hovering, like by pressing on the thing in question for a while, but until they figure that out, my only other obvious option is to add Yet Another Icon, like I have to give access to player and team and field popups. That's not a good option here, I don't think, but I don't see an alternative. Suggestions, anyone?
Did you get that thing I sent you?
GregS
TUC Webmaster

Postby Crunchy » Tue Jan 08, 2013 3:22 pm

Most of the alternative I've seen is triggering it on the 'click' event and use something else to popup the tooltip (jQuery tooltip?) rather than the "title" attribute.

But I think for that page the 'click' event is probably being used by the pop up menu already.
Crunchy

Postby GregS » Tue Jan 08, 2013 3:56 pm

I suppose that, if you're not allowed to change it, a click could bring up the comment. And if you are allowed to change it, as Darren said, you can select "comment" from the drop-down and then cancel any change. I'll put it on the todo list...
Did you get that thing I sent you?
GregS
TUC Webmaster

Return to TUC Website