Submitted by Jo Malisani on
IMPORTANT MESSAGE: COVID-19 Preventative Measures Update#2
ALL TUC PROGRAMMING CANCELLED UNTIL 29 MARCH 2020
As we continue to monitor the developments surrounding COVID-19, in Toronto, Ontario and across Canada, TUC continues to focus on providing you our membership with information to protect themselves against the flu, and COVID-19.
Yesterday, the World Health Organization (WHO) characterized COVID-19 as a Pandemic, and today, Toronto Public Health (TPH) and the Minister of Health have made recommendations that business and organizations do their part by implementing social distancing measures to help mitigate and slow the spread of this virulent disease.
While TPH and Public Health Ontario (PHO) both report that there is no Community Spread of the virus in Toronto, TUC is taking a proactive and preventative approach to keeping our members safe and will be implementing social distancing measures.
Effective tonight all programming (adult leagues, clinics, and juniors programming) will be canceled for the next two weeks.
We will issue updates every seventy-two (72) hours (or sooner if warranted) to the membership to keep you up to date. We will be issuing those updates via our Facebook Page, the home page or our website, and via the TUC Newsletter.
As a reminder, please take a moment and read through these everyday actions that will help you and our fellow members remain healthy:
- We encourage all members to wash their hands thoroughly and often with soap and water or an alcohol-based sanitizer.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed hands.
- Avoid close contact with people who are ill.
- If you are feeling unwell, stay home
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue (immediately throw the tissue in the garbage and wash your hands)
- If you don't have a tissue, cough or sneeze into your sleeve or arm
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched surfaces and objects.
We have also provided some links below to resources from WHO, the Public Health Ontario and Toronto Public Health with the latest information about coronaviruses:
- WHO Coronavirus disease (COVID-19) Outbreak
- PHO Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19)
- TPH Novel Coronavirus (COVID-19)