We are pleased to announce our plans for the 2021 Summer Outdoor season. We have adjusted the age group offerings slightly from our announcement made on March 19th, 2021.
The TUC Summer season start dates are currently TBD due to the circumstances surrounding COVID-19. The season length will be determined once local authorities instruct us that it is safe to return to sport.
All Youth and Young Adult Programs and Leagues will follow TUC's COVID-19 Safe Return to Play Guidelines and COVID-19 Rule Modifications to ensure participant safety, including a wellness screening.
Registrations for all Youth and Young Adult Programs and Leagues opens Monday, April 5th, at 12:00 noon.
U13 - DEVELOPMENT AND GAMES PROGRAM
The program is for 9 to 12 years olds and is perfect for those who have never played before or spent a few years learning the basics. We will offer this program as follows:
- U13 - Development and Games West (TBC: Likely Tuesdays @ York Memorial)
- U13 - Development and Games East (TBC: Likely Mondays @ Agincourt CI)
U18 - 5v5 DEVELOPMENT LEAGUES
This program is intended for athletes 13 to 17 years old. More than 60% of the time in this program will be spent on games, with the rest being used to develop skills, Spirit of the Game, strategy and team building. The final format will depend on health protocols; we hope to have four (4) teams at each location, and if possible, if restrictions ease, a TUC Championship between the East and West one night. We will offer the following:
- U18 - 5v5 Development League West (TBC: Likely Tuesdays @ York Memorial)
- U18 - 5v5 Development League East (TBC: Likely Mondays @ Agincourt CI)
U21 - 5v5 YOUNG ADULT LEAGUES
This league is intended for athletes 18 to 21 years old. TUC will ensure there is proper leadership on each team (through sign-ups or assigned volunteer captains). This league will function like regular adult leagues, just with more bounce and less knowledge of late 20th century events. The final format will depend on health protocols; we hope to have four (4) teams at each location, and if possible, if restrictions ease, a TUC Championship between the East and West one night.We will offer the following:
- U21 - 5v5 The Young Adult League West (TBC: Likely Tuesday or Thursday @ TBC)
- U21 - 5v5 The Young Adult League East (TBC: Likely Thursdays @ Earl Haig Secondary School or Woodbine Middle School)
U13 - PRE-TEEN PROGRAM
This co-ed Summer Pre-Teen Program for players aged 9 to 12 is aimed at providing a fun atmosphere for younger players to learn and develop the skills necessary to play ultimate, with the emphasis on FUN. Experienced coaches lead each and every session. We will offer the following:
- U13 (Ages 9-12) Instructional Program West (TBC: Likely Thursdays @ Runnymede CI)
- U13 (Ages 9-12) Instructional Program East (TBC: Likely Sundays @ Greenwood)
U18 - TEEN PROGRAM
This co-ed Summer Teem Program is intended for participants 13 to 17 years old who have never played or who spent a few years learning the basics. The goals of the programs are: (i) to have fun; (ii) to learn Spirit of Game; and (iii) to improve individual skills and team strategies. We will offer the following: