View topic - 2016 Fall TPL Discraft- Simpsons

2016 Fall TPL Discraft- Simpsons

Post all your league discussions here.

2016 Fall TPL Discraft- Simpsons

Postby nantana50 » Fri Oct 14, 2016 1:47 pm

Hey all,

Let's get excited about Fall TPL 2016. Simpsons theme. TPL players and Members at large, what would you call your team? So many options, how obscure do you go?

Introduce yourself if you're new, say Hi. Let us know where you hail from if you're new to TUC or just new to TPL. Let's make this the most fun TPL season yet!! We hope to have some good posts on here throughout the year. Hopefully some friendly betting on games every week? Wangers, since you're not GMing can you play bookie again this year?

We're still looking to fill some lady spots. So if you know any women that might want to jump in, even a couple games into the season that would be awesome. Their fees will be pro-rated accordingly.

More to come,

Darrel
Flik-E-Mart
nantana50

Re: 2016 Fall TPL Discraft- Simpsons

Postby nantana50 » Fri Oct 14, 2016 5:14 pm

Your Official (not Official) 2016 Fall TPL Draft Grades.

1-600-DoctorB (B is for Bargain)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ow4K7xQENS8
GM: Anthony Slater
Grade: A+
As much as I don't want to admit it Slater won this draft. It was hard to sit across the table form him and watch other GM's pass up Gems, pick after pick until he gets who he wants when arguably that player should have gone (has in the past) much earlier in the draft order. Getting Cat Chao in the second round and Will Mercer in the 3rd, yeah you heard it right 3rd round really put a smile on his face. It was like a young child sniveling halloween candy that he or she should be having. Or possibly like Dr Nick himself cashing that cheque for 129.95 after performing a third prefrontal on old Cletus.

Additionally Slater has 4 solid, reliable ladies and scored some people's number one male pick Chris Bracht (despite choosing 4th overall for guys). He has some height in Mini-Tank, youth in Grainger and reliable veterans in himself, Don and Cat. All very familiar with each other from Bulldogs.
Kudos Slater!

The Bus that couldn't slow down.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DIrIvKKT_nk
GM: Carter Chin
Grade: A
In what I believe is his second season as GM Carter (always willing to do the extra bit of research) pulled off the second best draft of the night last Wednesday. The aptly named team will be hard to slow down, they have SP...."NOT SLOW" from top to bottom. It's the most balanced lineup in the league at this early juncture. Great leadership from vets like Matt Denton, G Daigle and Rob Grundy and some of my favorite role players in Kevin Ha, Eric P, Peter and Saleh. Can Andrew Ho stay healthy? If not, can he just be subbed for by his exact namesake who is rumored to be new to TUC. No one works harder so I see no reason why 2016 Fall isn't the season that Hobo stays strong and gives the performance we expect from him, a great 6th round pick up. Some say balance is the name of the game in TPL, we'll see if that's true and how well Carter can keep his squad together through the coming weeks trades and Big Brother Rules.

A Poem by Hans Mc Moleman
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cNqmdI9AJc4
GM: Destin McQuillan
Grade: A-
Like every free verse poem should this draft followed no rules, however Destin went with a lot of familiar faces in the draft. Much like kissing a peanut, she chose Gareth "Golden Paycheck" Cawley and Chris "Wanger" Wang in the first two rounds of the men's draft. Having to pick herself first for women and then only having two more selections (invite your friends, we're short ladies!). She did quite well to get Polly and Winnie, who in my mind are both in the top half of the ladies contingent. Marko, TPL socialite and speedster (YOU HAVE THE LEGS OF A CHEETAH, and the hands alllsooo of a cheetah *credit Misiu*) came in the 4th round and always adds fun and good natured-ness to any team he plays on. Much like Carter, Destin's team is very balanced. Mark Kalvaitis is a great late round hustle player who forces his opponents to be precise and also forces mistakes. Destin knows if she wants to keep Gareth and if he's going to compete with the goal leaders this year as he often does, she will have to surround him with more of a hucking, hammer throwing presence. Watch out for her on the trade boards after week 1. Sorry that was a little mean.

Stay tuned for the rest of the Grades.
nantana50

Postby pferder » Sat Oct 15, 2016 6:39 pm

nantana50 wrote:Great leadership from vets like Matt Denton, G Daigle and Rob Grundy and some of my favorite role players in Kevin Ha, Eric P, Peter and Saleh.

Thanks Darrel!

To this day I still think our best "role play" was the time I played the muscular neighborhood handyman and you dressed up as the lonely housewife.

Ah, the memories...
pferder

Postby aalan » Mon Oct 17, 2016 11:41 am

A+, A, A-.

Don't think I can't see the way this is heading, either!
aalan

Postby nhung2 » Mon Oct 17, 2016 1:32 pm

aalan wrote:A+, A, A-.

A++, AA, A--?

I'm bad at patterns.
nhung2

Postby HotSauce » Mon Oct 17, 2016 1:41 pm

aalan wrote:A+, A, A-.

It could loop back (A+, A, A-, A+, A, A-, A+, A, A-,).

I think all the GMs are As!

Oh No...BETA!! (AKA Team Snake Jailbird)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DeLMIrsEfFo
GM: Hin Tang

Hin made all his picks quickly and confidently, he played well with others (laughing at Destin's jokes, sharing information about players with Misiu, gently letting Weise know who Colin Mattison is and why she can't draft him), and he understands that TPL isn't won or lost at the draft.

Kudos Hin!

P.S. "President Clinton knows where to get some Tang" may become a relevant team name after Nov 8th...
HotSauce

Postby nantana50 » Tue Oct 18, 2016 11:57 pm

We Germans aren't all smiles und sunshine
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LGauZm2pOSQ
GM: Andrew Fell
Grade: B+

I drafted either before or after Fell all night as it were. 1, 2 for ladies and 11,12 for guys. There were definitely a few times where I wish he wasn't reading my mind....Nathaniel seemed like a good gamble (not many people know him.......yet) late first round or early second round. Likely to be in contention at some point for TPL ROY. To be honest I'm not totally sure who qualifies for that but regardless, I'm putting it out there. Bookie, what are my odds?? Other great picks came later in Vince Poon and Kevin Christensen, who went much later than many would have expected. Playing McMoleman on Wed night I'm calling this THE game to watch, I expect it to be tight with a lot of great plays at both ends of the field. Don't take these German's lightly. *edit* Fell also lucked out with two strong WC ladies in Laurie and Jen Chen, great additions there that maybe bump him up, though of no fault of his own, so it's hard for me to give him credit.

Cletus the slack Joeled Yokel
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c7qhVJIPfck
GM: Joel Meyers
Grade: B

Well done Joel, always able to fit your given name into your team name, I think this is my favorite yet. Perhaps because I hail from a small town, Cletus just always resonated with me. Again here, Kristie is a great WC pick up but the sentiment is similar to above. The best picks at rounds 6 through 8 of any team in the draft. Koo, Hung and Taylor. Cletus though, perhaps the inbreeding at the trailer park might have stunted their growth. I suspect they may have trouble dealing with taller teams. Great leadership throughout however, perhaps they have a plan to offset it. Or maybe I just wanted to use an inbreeding joke and there's nothing to it at all....Joel's ladies are strong and dynamic, Aislind (3rd overall pick) with Elissa, Lydia and Kristie are a really good mix of cutter and handler skillsets.

Gruesome Twosome
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b2hJqz6 ... doO7eLkeCd
GM: Kate Jardine and Norm Lew
Grade: B-

By joining forces and co GMing these two TPL veterans earned themselves the Gruesome Twosome moniker. It'd been noted that maybe even them drafting themselves each in the respective male and female first rounds was still a bit of an advantage..... gruesome. Otherwise lovely people who only want the best for TPL :wink: and need to keep their day jobs.
I know everyone on this roster except for Ryan, that could be a good thing or a bad thing. Has Shawn Lee played a flatball game in the past year? Can Loat crack the 40- 2A mark this season? I don't see this as a run and gun team like Norm has built in the past, but the season is young. They seem like a team that will play tight D and keep scores low but will be looking to upgrade at a few positions after week one. Goodluck on Wednesday, watch out for that fly in the nacho cheese sauce when you visit the Flick-E-Mart.
nantana50

Postby HotSauce » Thu Oct 20, 2016 10:28 am

Winners:
1-600-DoctorB (B is for Bargain)

A Poem by Hans Mc Moleman
Grade: A-

Cletus the slack Joeled Yokel
Grade: B

Not winnners:
The Bus that couldn't slow down.
Grade: A

We Germans aren't all smiles und sunshine
Grade: B+

Gruesome Twosome
Grade: B-

Lesson 1: Good grades don't guarantee success in life.
Lesson 2: Winning in week one means nothing in TPL.
HotSauce

Postby cthompson » Thu Oct 20, 2016 3:20 pm

Our new conveners wasted no time in issuing the first Big Brother Rule of the season: all GMs must complete at least one trade this week.

If nothing else, this week's BBR has proven which GMs are better at ignoring their real work; more than half have already met the challenge.

Stat sheet for this season: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1qOVPR4Iiy0GSDczhO4gZMe0ZYKjiEx3e6iNBapBU1DQ
cthompson

Postby mjanssen » Thu Oct 20, 2016 4:41 pm

HotSauce wrote:
Lesson 1: Good grades don't guarantee success in life.
Lesson 2: Winning in week one means nothing in TPL.

Lesson 3: If I’ve learned anything, it’s that life is just one crushing defeat after another until you just wish Flanders was dead.
mjanssen

Postby Big Country » Fri Oct 21, 2016 11:12 am

Week 1: Stats Post
Full stats leaderboard can be found here
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... iNBapBU1DQ

Also, if you haven't done so, find the TPL facebook page and like it!

Male MVP
This week’s MVP is Chris Bracht. This is his 1st MVP honors this year and 5th lifetime

3 Goals
7 Assists
3 2nd Assists
3 Ds
1 Throwaways
0 Receiver Error

Female MVP
This week's female MVP is Julie DeWolf. This is her 1st MVP honors this year and her 1st lifetime.

5 Goals
0 Assists
4 2nd Assists
2 Ds
0 Throwaways
0 Receiver Error

Defensive players of the week
The male defensive player(s) of the week are Rajiv Seneviratne, Kirk McRae with 5 Ds
The female defensive player(s) of the week are Julie DeWolf, Puja Ahluwalia 2 with 2 Ds

Leaderboards

Goals
Tyler Curtis 8
Remi Jr. Ojo 6
Tim Kiladze 5

Goals - Female
Lindsay Musalem 5
Julie DeWolf 5
Aislind Syrotuik 4

Assists
Warren Tang 8
Chris Bracht 7
BC Roedde 7

Assists - Female
Meghan Janssen 3
Laura Wiese 3
Jennifer Chen 3

2nd Assist
Nicolas Zuniga 5
Chris Loat 5
Kate Jardine 4

2nd Assist - Female
Kate Jardine 4
Julie DeWolf 4
Destin McQuillan 3

Most Ds
Rajiv Seneviratne 5
Kirk MacRae 5
Gareth Cawley 4

Most Ds - Female
Puja Ahluwalia 2
Julie DeWolf 2
Vikki Shimoda 1

Throwaways
Nathaniel Faries 6
Carla Difilippo 6
Andrew Milne 6

Top Salary
Chris Bracht 175500
Darrel Nantais 162500
Warren Tang 161500

Top Female Salary
Julie DeWolf 147000
Meghan Janssen 143000
Destin McQuillan 137000

Milestones

These people have reached the following milestones

100 Goals - Darrel Nantais
250 Goals -
500 Goals - Tyler Curtis (the first to 500 goals!)

200 Assists -
500 Assists -

50 Ds - Greg Kramer
100 Ds - Darrel Nantais

100 Throwaways - Colin Thompson
250 Throwaways

$1,000,000 -
$2,000,000 - Meghan Janssen

20 Wins - Andrew Gosbee
50 Wins

Century Club (100G, 100A, 100 2A, 100D, 100TA) Darrel Nantais
Big Country

Postby MaxPower » Mon Oct 24, 2016 3:33 pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=saKRZEMqdis

Good first week, league. OK it's time for the easiest part of any GM's job: the trades. Now while we weren't able to trade everyone we wanted to, we have traded a lot of you.
Gabriel is traded.
St. Louis is traded.
Brittany: you're gone.
Marko: we liked your hustle. That's why it was so hard to trade you.
Congratulations: the rest of you stayed on your teams.
Except for Hoop, Poon and Stewart.
Now gimme 5 laps then hit the showers. Oh Lydia, you don't have to...you're traded.

Kenny: you're traded. Eh, Chang, Grainger, Heidi: you're all traded. Villaroya: gone. Kramer, traded. Cohen: traded. Law: sorry, traded. Pendlebury, Sheldrake: you're traded. Frederick: you're traded. So is Ivan. Loat: you stay. All of those people are traded. Cathy Wong and Don and Midgely. I don't know what you're doing here because you're all traded. Now, there's so many trades here, look, I'll just post them up and you see where your name is. Oh, look how many trades there are there. Woah boy! You're traded. All of you! He's traded. I traded you! You're traded too, shushy!
I got my name off a hair dryer.
MaxPower

Postby destin » Tue Oct 25, 2016 12:22 am

If Fat Tony were a GM:

"You have 24 hours to respond to my trade offer. And to show you I'm serious...you have 12 hours."
destin

Postby JonB » Tue Oct 25, 2016 9:28 am

Excellent post Loat.

Mostly just replying here because I want to track this conversation and I am too lazy to check it regularly.

Jon (aka John)
http://simpsons.wikia.com/wiki/John_(Homer's_Phobia)
"Disc through the heart, and you're to blame"
Jon "Bon Jovi" Brandt
JonB

Postby HotSauce » Tue Oct 25, 2016 9:49 am

Whoa. What a gnarly loss last week. We totally should have stolen that game. Shortly afterwards, two members of Team Snake, Heidi and Ivan, escaped from prison. Run like the wind and be free, my compadres.

Team Snake was pretty bummed and could barely work out until the new Crossfit instructors, Cathy and Marko, joined us in the prison gym. We are now super pumped and this week we are coming for "Mr Thompson" with a vengeance. There will be Hell Toupée! It will be a very bad hair day for Young Colin Thompson...very bad...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B9gW6BbC98s
HotSauce

Postby Big Country » Thu Oct 27, 2016 11:50 am

Week 2 Stats Post

Male MVP
This week’s MVP is Remi Ojo. This is his 1st MVP honors this year and 1st lifetime

5 Goals
8 Assists
3 2nd Assists
2 Ds
2 Throwaways
0 Receiver Error

Female MVP
This week's female MVP is Laura Wiese. This is her 1st MVP honors this year and her 1st lifetime.

4 Goals
2 Assists
4 2nd Assists
2 Ds
1 Throwaways
0 Receiver Error

The male defensive player(s) of the week are Scott Harnett with 6 Ds
The female defensive player(s) of the week are Megan Mcnally, Genevieve Daigle, Julie DeWolf, Lindsay Musalem, Laura Wiese with 2 Ds

Leaderboards

Goals
Tyler Curtis 14
Jeff Steele 13
Greg Kramer 13

Goals - Female
Julie DeWolf 12
Marisa Hart 7
Lindsay Musalem 7

Assists
Baron Lam 13
Warren Tang 12
Chris Bracht 12

Assists - Female
Lindsay Musalem 7
Kristie Ellis 6
Laura Wiese 5

2nd Assist
Destin McQuillan 8
Chris Loat 8
Nicolas Zuniga 7

2nd Assist - Female
Destin McQuillan 8
Julie DeWolf 6
Natalie Fitzgerald 5

Most Ds
Darrel Nantais 7
Scott Harnett 6
Rajiv Seneviratne 6

Most Ds - Female
Julie DeWolf 4
Puja Ahluwalia 2
Megan Mcnally 2

Throwaways
Jeff Steele 14
Andrew Milne 10
Nathaniel Faries 8

Top Salary
Chris Bracht 225000
Remi Jr. Ojo 217000
Gareth Cawley 210000

Top Female Salary
Julie DeWolf 199500
Lindsay Musalem 173500
Laura Wiese 170000

Milestones

100 Goals -
250 Goals -
500 Goals -

200 Assists - Kieran Bol
500 Assists -

50 Ds -
100 Ds -

100 Throwaways - Carter Chin, Kieran Bol, Timothy Fowler
250 Throwaways -

$1,000,000 -
$2,000,000 - Darrel Nantais

20 Wins -
50 Wins - Matt Denton

Century Club (100G, 100A, 100 2A, 100D, 100TA) -
Big Country

Postby HotSauce » Sat Oct 29, 2016 11:53 am

Swiftly he quelled the urge to strip off her stockings and kiss his way up from her trim ankle as he heard the buzzing of yet another trade request. Snake Jailbird turned over and slid out of bed leaving poor Gloria frustrated and unsatisfied. "Sorry, dude. Gotta go back to work."
HotSauce

Postby aalan » Sat Oct 29, 2016 12:16 pm

Don't mind me as I peep in the window, Hin! I'll still be here when you get back, don't worry.
aalan

Postby Big Country » Thu Nov 03, 2016 1:47 pm

Week 3 Stats Post

Male MVP
This week’s MVP is Chris Bracht. This is his 2nd MVP honors this year and 6th lifetime

5 Goals
7 Assists
2 2nd Assists
3 Ds
2 Throwaways
0 Receiver Error

Female MVP
This week's female MVP is Destin McQuillan. This is her 1st MVP honors this year and her 1st lifetime.

0 Goals
5 Assists
5 2nd Assists
4 Ds
0 Throwaways
0 Receiver Error

The male defensive player(s) of the week are Greg Sheldrake with 5 Ds
The female defensive player(s) of the week are Destin McQuillan with 4 Ds

Leaderboards

Goals
Tyler Curtis 19
Jeff Steele 18
Alex Vlahos 17

Goals - Female
Julie DeWolf 12
Marisa Hart 11
Lindsay Musalem 11

Assists
Chris Bracht 19
BC Roedde 18
Norman Lew 16

Assists - Female
Lindsay Musalem 12
Destin McQuillan 10
Kristie Ellis 8

2nd Assist
Destin McQuillan 13
Chris Loat 10
Timothy Fowler 9

2nd Assist - Female
Destin McQuillan 13
Natalie Fitzgerald 6
Laura Wiese 6

Most Ds
Alex Vlahos 9
Marko Iskric 8
Kirk MacRae 8

Most Ds - Female
Puja Ahluwalia 5
Destin McQuillan 5
Lindsay Musalem 4

Throwaways
Jeff Steele 19
Andrew Milne 16
Marko Iskric 14

Top Salary
Chris Bracht 304000
Alex Vlahos 277000
Gareth Cawley 271500

Top Female Salary
Destin McQuillan 231000
Lindsay Musalem 226500
Julie DeWolf 199500

Milestones

100 Goals -
250 Goals -
500 Goals -

200 Assists - Chris Bracht
500 Assists -

50 Ds - Andrew Gosbee, Marko Iskric
100 Ds -

100 Throwaways -
250 Throwaways

$1,000,000 -
$2,000,000 -

20 Wins - Graham Haines, Heidi Siu, Kristie Ellis
50 Wins

Century Club (100G, 100A, 100 2A, 100D, 100TA)
Big Country

Postby destin » Mon Nov 07, 2016 4:00 pm

Heading into week 4, here's a look at the top 6 players who have most outperformed their positions in the draft. Look for these players to keep making big contributions to their respective teams. "And I for one welcome our new insect overlords"

THE MEN

Rick St Jean
Drafted by: Norm and Jar
Draft Position: 91
Leaderboard position: 23 (up 68 spots)
5 goals, 6 assists, 1 2nd assist, 2 D’s, 0 TA, 1 drop,

James Maynard
Drafted by: YCT
Draft Position: 94
Leaderboard position: 34 (up 60 spots)
1 goal, 10 assists, 6 2’s, 1 D, 5 TAs, 0 drops

Daniel Wagner
Drafted by: Hin
Draft Position: 103
Leaderboard position: 47 (up 56 spots)
4 goals, 6 assists, 2 2’s, 2 D’s, 4TAs, 1 drop

THE WOMEN

Dong-Ling Chen
Drafted by: Hin
Draft Position: 43
Leaderboard position: 19 (up 24 spots)
8 goals, 1 assist, 1 D, 4TAs, 2 drops

Marisa Hart
Drafted by: Laura
Draft Position: 35
Leaderboard position: 11 (up 24 spots)
11 goals, 1 assist, 4 2nd assists, 1 D, 3 TAs, 3 drops

Clair Midgely (only two games played)
Drafted by: Slater
Draft Position: 40
Leaderboard position: 20 (up 20 spots)
6 goals, 1 assist, 1 D, 2 TAs, 1 drop
destin

Postby Big Country » Thu Nov 10, 2016 12:57 pm

Week 4: BBS Stats Post

Male MVP
This week’s male MVP is Gareth Cawley. This is his 1st MVP honors this year and 6th lifetime

5 Goals
7 Assists
1 2nd Assists
2 Ds
2 Throwaways
0 Receiver Error

Female MVP
This week's female MVP is Krystal Dos Santos. This is her 1st MVP honors this year and her 1st lifetime.

3 Goals
3 Assists
1 2nd Assists
3 Ds
1 Throwaways
0 Receiver Error

The male defensive player(s) of the week are Greg Sheldrake with 5 Ds
The female defensive player(s) of the week are Winnie Lau-Baker with 3 Ds

Leaderboards

Goals
Alex Vlahos 21
Remi Jr. Ojo 20
Tyler Curtis 19

Goals - Female
Julie DeWolf 17
Marisa Hart 15
Meghan Janssen 12

Assists
Chris Bracht 26
Gareth Cawley 22
Andrew Milne 22

Assists - Female
Lindsay Musalem 13
Destin McQuillan 10
Cathy Wong 10

2nd Assist
Destin McQuillan 18
Timothy Fowler 11
Chris Bracht 11

2nd Assist - Female
Destin McQuillan 18
Natalie Fitzgerald 7
Kate Jardine 7

Most Ds
Greg Sheldrake 11
Rajiv Seneviratne 10
Nathaniel Faries 9

Most Ds - Female
Lindsay Musalem 7
Krystal Dos Santos 6
Destin McQuillan 6

Throwaways
Jeff Steele 19
Marko Iskric 17
Andrew Milne 17

Top Salary
Gareth Cawley 342500
Chris Bracht 342500
Alex Vlahos 302500

Top Female Salary
Destin McQuillan 264000
Lindsay Musalem 243500
Julie DeWolf 228500

Milestones

100 Goals - Greg Kramer
250 Goals -
500 Goals -

200 Assists -
500 Assists -

50 Ds -
100 Ds - Rob Grundy

100 Throwaways -
250 Throwaways

$1,000,000 -
$2,000,000 -

20 Wins - Greg Kramer
50 Wins

Century Club (100G, 100A, 100 2A, 100D, 100TA) - Rob Grundy
Big Country

Postby kirkmacrae » Mon Nov 14, 2016 12:51 pm

I heard whispers that something fun and interesting happened last week among the GMs with the BBR. Are there any plans to share that with us plebs? or did I miss it? :?
kirkmacrae

Postby nantana50 » Mon Nov 14, 2016 1:13 pm

Yeah by missing your game you missed it. Ooops.
nantana50

Postby ca_ta » Mon Nov 14, 2016 4:18 pm

Hi my name is Carter Chin. You might know me from such TPL teams like Super Chintendo Chalmers and Chintendo Cartertainment System!

Last week TPL BBR4 was inspired by the US Elections and created: Post Election Mayhem!

Gm’s were required to nominate one person on each team to be traded. Also each GM was required to select one person on their respected team to protect from election traded.
If a player receives the most nominating votes, they must be traded, unless their GM protected them, then that GM is not forced to trade them.

The votes were tallied and sorted as trades were aggressive this week.

Can I borrow a Felling (Fell)
Fun Fact: Did you know that Felling is to cut down or strike down? I guess that makes sense when the majority of the GM’s are trying to strike down Andrew Fell’s top lady Carla DiFilippo. Crafty Andrew Fell isn’t going to be cut down this time as he made a decisive pick to protect Carla. No Force trades for you!

Flik-E-Mart (Darrel)
After Darrel win last week he started to party like it’s on sale for $19.99. He knowingly he locked Janine Duffy in the Flik-e-mart store and proceeded to head to the party. While everyone headed back Janine was safe but he couldn’t find Milne. Apparently Andy Milne never partied so hardy and apparently drank one too many and didn’t return to the store.

Cletus the Slacked-Joeled Yokel (Joel)
Some folks'll never eat a skunk.
But then again, some folks’ll
Like Cletus, the slack-JOELed yokel
Most folks'll might lose an ELLIS (Kristie)
But then again, some folks'll
Like Cletus, the slack-JOELed yokel
(Kristie Ellis stays a yokel-ing)

I Destinctly Said Military School. (Destin)
Captain Destin saves that golden pay check(Gareth Cawley) knowing that life outside of the military is pretty bleak. With too many pieces on the board she couldn’t keep a hold of her Lieutenant Greg McMullin as he was discharged for kicking names and taking ass…wait..what?

You Don’t Win Games with Salad (Misiu)
As Misiu continues his conga line and chanting "You don’t win games with salad!" Baron gets enchanted with the rhythm stays in the line. Marko had enough! No conga line and contains Marko Iskrics hips.So he shimmies and shakes his way to another team. This is what happens when you don’t take sides and get caught up with the rhythm.

Premium! Duuuude!!! (Hin)
We should all know by now OJo is Hin’s favourite SIMPSON. Unfortunately Matt Kishi got caught with using bronze. Seriously dude… what’s up with that… In the same fit of rage that got him in prison Snake (Hin) made Kishi disappear.

Gruesome Twosome. (Norm/Jar)
what better way to keep the Gruesome Twosome happy than keeping someone with 2 first names like Wesley George! They each get one and don’t have to fight over it! Unfortunately they were so happy with they’re pick they forgot about Aislind Syrotuik whose finally out of the clutches of the twosome. Run Free Aislind, Run Free!

Super Chintendo Chalmers (Carter)
De Wolf (Julie) broke into the school! But don’t worry Caretaker Willie’s got it under control! With all the confusion a ROBbery occurred at Springfield Elementary! Chlamers is feeling so disGRUN(DY)tled but I guess it’s just Destin-y SKINNNNNNNN-EEEEEEERRRRRR!

The Stonecutters (Slater
All Stonecutters must take the leap of faith. If they survive the 5 storey plunge they’re character will be proven. A plunge was definitely attempted at Lindsay Musalem taken but not from Slater. You may keep your chosen one…for now…

Hello, Mr. Thompson (YCT)
After long hours of trying to convince Krystal that she was traded. She whispers over to Kirk Mcrae and says “I think they talking to you." . Thus, Mr. Thompson stubbornly keeps his new shiny Krystal.

ReWiese the Hounds (Wiese)
Let’s just say there was definitely a dog fight happening on this team. With first and only tie breaker to happen this voting season. Luckily for Weise she plays favourite and and BC was safe this round. Off to the kennel goes Alex Vhlahos.

Lisa need Braces (Mattison)
What’s going on in Mattison's head "Jeff Steele, Lisa needs Braces, Jeff Steele, Lisa needs Braces, Jeff Steele, Lisa needs Braces, Jeff Steele, Lisa needs Braces, If i lose Steele then I’ll have too much cap space!” So long Tyler. Common Curtis-y states that hopefully you’ll get traded to a GM with a better line of thought.
ca_ta

Postby aalan » Wed Nov 16, 2016 12:50 am

This election only had slightly fewer angry words than the one down south... ;)
aalan

Postby cut-chemist » Wed Nov 16, 2016 3:26 pm

Some interesting matchups await us in Week 5. I am not going to try to assign point spreads. Not only does it look pretty difficult, but the whole thing smacks of effort, man.

You Don’t Win Games With Salad vs Flik-E-Mart. Handlers have been flying off the shelves at the Flik-E-Mart over the past few weeks, while the carnivorous conga line that is Misiu’s team has taken a while to reach maximum RPMs. I see some tough individual matchups for Darrel’s team in this one, and am picking the salad-shamers.

Can I Borrow a Felling vs Super Chintendo Chalmers. After a rough first few games, Andrew's team earned a win last week. Their reward is an appointment with Super Chintendo Chalmers. Carter had to say goodbye to “Sideshow” Rob G. this week, and welcomes Greg McM. in his place. I predict that Chalmers will take disciplinary action on his opponent tonight.

The Stonecutters vs Cletus the Slack-Joeled Yokel. Whatever mysterious pregame rituals are going on at the Stonecutters lodge, they seem to be working, and ‘Number One’ Slater was relatively quiet on the trading front. Likewise, Joel was able to keep the family largely intact after a close loss last week. This one is too tough to call, and I am predicting a tie.

Gruesome Twosome vs Lisa Needs Braces. The Twosome bring nearly 20 seasons’ worth of combined TPL experience to their roles as GMs. On the opposing sideline, newly elected union rep Colin M. is doing his best to learn on the job. Have Colin’s early-season moves left his team without a dental plan? It’s too early to say, but I like GT in this one.

Hello, Mr. Thompson vs ReWiese the Hounds. An unexpected election result forced Laura to trade away last week’s new acquisition, Alex V. She made the best of a bad situation, tagging Milnehouse to fill the role of Smithers to her Coach Burns. This means that handlers are Laura’s top dogs, leaving it up to her middle management team to get into the end zone. YCT’s team is stacked with young, gritty defenders who will make this difficult. I have seen this type of matchup go either way. If only because I don’t like to pick against my own team, I am going to say ‘Boo-urns’.

I Destinctly Said Military School vs Premium! DUUUUDE!!!. To this outside observer, several of the trades executed by GM Snake have bordered on larceny. He’s got a winning record and a nicely balanced roster. Meanwhile, Destin’s team has put up 25 points per game on average through the first month. At a certain point, the laws of TPL make it difficult to sustain this kind of pace. I think that we have reached that point, and I see Lil’ Bandit taking a victory lap at the conclusion of this match.
cut-chemist

Postby JonB » Thu Nov 17, 2016 10:30 am

Well, it seems the meat eschewing Flik-E-Mart General Manager replaced all the hot dogs with veggie dogs last night, and removed the beef jerky altogether. Proving, at least last night, that you can win games with salad...

On a side note, I would like to thank Baron for joining me in combining for more throwaways than both The Germans or Superintendent Chalmers.
Jon "Bon Jovi" Brandt
JonB

Postby Big Country » Fri Nov 18, 2016 10:46 am

Week 5 BBS Stats Post

Male MVP
This week’s male MVP is Gareth Cawley. This is his 2nd MVP honors this year and 7th lifetime

7 Goals
5 Assists
0 2nd Assists
4 Ds
4 Throwaways
0 Receiver Error

Female MVP
This week's female MVP is Vikki Shimoda. This is her 1st MVP honors this year and her 1st lifetime.

3 Goals
3 Assists
3 2nd Assists
3 Ds
1 Throwaways
0 Receiver Error

The male defensive player(s) of the week are Aaron Hooper and Remi Ojo with 6 Ds
The female defensive player(s) of the week are Janine Duffy with 5 Ds

Leaderboards

Goals
Tyler Curtis 27
Remi Jr. Ojo 25
Gareth Cawley 25

Goals - Female
Julie DeWolf 22
Vikki Shimoda 16
Marisa Hart 16

Assists
Chris Bracht 36
Andrew Milne 28
Gareth Cawley 27

Assists - Female
Lindsay Musalem 13
Destin McQuillan 12
Cathy Wong 12

2nd Assist
Destin McQuillan 21
Timothy Fowler 14
Greg McMullin 13

2nd Assist - Female
Destin McQuillan 21
Natalie Fitzgerald 8
Julie DeWolf 8

Most Ds
Remi Jr. Ojo 14
Rajiv Seneviratne 14
Kirk MacRae 13

Most Ds - Female
Krystal Dos Santos 9
Destin McQuillan 9
Janine Duffy 8

Throwaways
Jeff Steele 25
Andrew Milne 20
Marko Iskric 18

Top Salary
Gareth Cawley 408000
Chris Bracht 398000
Remi Jr. Ojo 359500

Top Female Salary
Destin McQuillan 288000
Julie DeWolf 262500
Lindsay Musalem 243500

Milestones

100 Goals -
250 Goals -
500 Goals -

200 Assists -
500 Assists -

50 Ds -
100 Ds -

100 Throwaways -
250 Throwaways

$1,000,000 - Rajiv Seneviratne
$2,000,000 -

20 Wins - Jeff Chik, Lydia Dwyer
50 Wins Norman Lew

Century Club (100G, 100A, 100 2A, 100D, 100TA)
Big Country

Postby ENYGMA » Tue Nov 22, 2016 10:23 am

Welcome to the return of the TPL Betting Pool aka the Soupcan (Gazpacho of course) Memorial Degenerate Player Pool aka the Fat (my wife was whacked by natural causes) Tony Illegal House of Bets:

We will be keeping track of % of correct pics throughout the season.

Spreads will be used to handicap the match-ups.
Note: "Team A (-1.5) vs Team B" means that Team A is favoured to win by 1.5 points.
Another Note: Side bets will count in the results.

A new Legitimate businessman's Social Club has formed...so, Here we go!

Military School Vs Salad (-1.5)
To the dismay of the other GMs, Fell gave Destin the power of Gloat this week. Misiu on the other hand learned how to be choosey with trades and has formed a team of well rounded players, It's not the Dallas Cowboys, but it's a start. Military School is still undefeated. Will Salad hand them their first loss?
Side Bet: Most TA's
Marko Iskric + Destin McQuillan or Baron Lam + Amanda Sheppard

Rewiese the Hounds (-2.5) Vs Lisa Needs Braces
Laura has crafted a formidable team picking up hot wildcard Gene Lim, Eric Swanson (aka the Mountain), and Tim Fowler? I barely know her. On Mattison's sideline look for Vikki, Steele, and Remi OJ Simpson playing rock paper scissors to see who has to handle. In all the confusion, we think the Hounds, or the bees, or the Hounds with bees in their mouth, and when they bark they shoot bees at you, will come out on top.
Side Bet: Most A + 2A's
Laura Weise + Shawn Lee or Robert Jackson + Jennifer Law
Side Side Bet: Will Remi's 1-2-2 TPL record get him booted from the Rush?

Super Chintendo Chalmers Vs Gruesome Twosome (-1.5)
Carter has a really solid team again this week with power house Julie DeWolf and a buttload of very reliable players but the Gruesome Twosome is tough to beat. Who's Wookie bends first? Will Mercer actually play his first game of the season or will he continue to be TPL's #1 financial backer?
Side Bet: Most D's
Andrew Gosbee + Melody Lau or Jub + Carolina Vargas

Premium! DUUUUDE!!! Vs Can I Borrow a Felling (-1.5)
Here's hoping Fell finally has found some chemistry with new pickups Grundy and Dip. Hin's team will surely put up a good fight. Will come down to which team can play the SMRTest.
Side Bet: Most TO's (TA +RE)
Alex Vlahos + GStar or Kramer + Carla Difiippo

The Stonecutters (-3.5) Vs Hello, Mr Thompson
Side Bet: Most G's
Mr. Thompson is starting to make things happen but the Stonecutters control the British crown and keep the metric system down so...
Side Bet: Most G's
Lindsay Musalem + Vince Poon or Crystal Sotelo + James Maynard

Cletus the Slack-Joeled Yokel (-0.5) Vs Flick-E-Mart
This game is too close to call. Cletus has the power of love on his team in the Warmanda-Joel Triforce. Flik-E-Mart has somehow managed to remain mostly intact despite a 7 point victory last week. If Janine and Bryan have another combined 8D game against this tougher opponent they might just squeak out another W or maybe they won't. Put on your Nacho Nacho Hat's caust this will be some exciting exciting stuff.
Side Bet: Most Points (G + A + 2A +D)
Amanda Moore + Calvin Ho or Janine Duffy + Jeffrey Chik
ENYGMA

Postby destin » Tue Nov 22, 2016 10:44 am

Woohoo!

Military School - Baron + Amanda
ReWiese the Hounds - Laura + Shawn - Sadly, yes
Chintendo - Jub + Caro
Premium! DUUUUDE!!! - Vlahos + GStar
Stonecutters - Lindsay + Vince
Flik-E-Mart - Janine + Chik
destin

Postby cthompson » Tue Nov 22, 2016 11:17 am

Military School - Baron & Amanda
ReWiese the Hounds - Wiese + Shawn
Gruesome Twosome – Gosbee + Melody
Premium! DUUUUDE!!! – Kramer + Carla
Hello, Mr. Thompson – Lindsay + Vince
Cletus the Slack-Joeled Yokel – Janine + Chik
cthompson

Postby master_storm » Tue Nov 22, 2016 11:32 am

Military School/Baron+amanda
Reviese/Wiese+shawn lee/no
Gruesome/Jub+Vargas
Premium Duude/Kramer+Carla
Stonecutters/Lindsay+vince
Cletus/Janine+Chik
master_storm

Postby kirkmacrae » Tue Nov 22, 2016 12:26 pm

Salad - Baron/Amanda
Rewiese - Weise/Lee
Twosome - gosbee/mel
felling - vlahos/gstar
stonecutters - musalem/poon
flik-e-mart - janine/chik
kirkmacrae

Postby Big Country » Tue Nov 22, 2016 12:28 pm

Military School - Baron Lam + Amanda Sheppard
Rewiese the Hounds - Laura Weise + Shawn Lee / No
Gruesome Twosome - Andrew Gosbee + Melody Lau
Premium! DUUUUUDE!!! - Alex Vlahos + GStar
The Stonecutters - Lindsay Musalem + Vince Poon
Cletus the Slack-Joeled Yokel - Amanda Moore + Calvin Ho
Big Country

Postby JonB » Tue Nov 22, 2016 12:30 pm

Betting is back!!

Military School/Marko Iskric + Destin McQuillan
Rewiese the Hounds/Laura Weise + Shawn Lee
(Side Side Bet: Will Remi's 1-2-2 TPL record get him booted from the Rush? Thankfully, yet surprisingly, no one from the Rush follows TPL stats. So, NO. Unless Alex rats him out...)
Gruesome Twosome /JuB + Carolina Vargas - "That's a paddlin'"
Premium! DUUUUDE!!! /Alex Vlahos + GStar
The Stonecutters /Lindsay Musalem + Vince Poon
Cletus the Slack-Joeled Yokel/ Janine Duffy + Jeffrey Chik
Jon "Bon Jovi" Brandt
JonB

Postby iskric21 » Tue Nov 22, 2016 1:53 pm

ReWiese the Hounds - Laura + Shawn - Sadly, yes
Chintendo - Jub + Caro
Premium! DUUUUDE!!! - Vlahos + GStar
iskric21

Postby nhung2 » Tue Nov 22, 2016 2:09 pm

Military School: Baron & Amanda
Rewiese the Hounds: Wiese & Lee, YES.
Grusome Twosome: Gosbee & Mel
Fell: Vlahos
Stonecutters :Lindsay
Cletus: Janine/Chik
nhung2

Postby ca_ta » Tue Nov 22, 2016 3:56 pm

Tis the season to start betting!!!!

ReWiese the Hounds - RJ + J Law - it's a booting time!
Chintendo - Gosbee + Mel
Can I Borrow a Felling - Vlahos + GStar
ca_ta

Postby aalan » Tue Nov 22, 2016 6:22 pm

Nice work bringing betting back!!

Salad - Baron
Wiese - RJ
Cata - Gosbee
Not fair to bet on my own game, plus the teams have changed ;)
Slater - Lindsay
Darrel - Janine
aalan

Postby dentonmatthew » Tue Nov 22, 2016 7:51 pm

Will Marcy lay down bets despite not playing?
Salad + 50/50
Lisa and Wiese/lee and does Mascot count?
Chintendo and GosMel
Felling and GVlahos
Mr Thompson and Lindsay Vince
Flick E Mart and Duff Chik
dentonmatthew

Postby baron » Tue Nov 22, 2016 8:07 pm

baron

Postby nantana50 » Wed Nov 23, 2016 11:50 am

Salad -1.5, Baron and Shep
Braces +2.5, Shawn and Wiese
Gruesome -1.5, Jub and Caro
Felling -1.5, Kramer and Carla
Cutters -3.5, Lindsay and Vince
Cletus -0.5, Janine and Chik
nantana50

Postby aalan » Wed Nov 23, 2016 12:10 pm

For those not in the know, my roster has changed since the odds were initially given.

They may skew the results. As Hin points out, I currently have about 100k more salary on the books than he does.

What that will actually mean in real life.... we'll see ; )
aalan

Postby ENYGMA » Wed Nov 23, 2016 12:35 pm

You come into our Legitimate Businessman's Social Club to tell me this? I cannot allow this to go unpunished...Do for me my favorite trick, where you ride the little bike through the loop and I will let you live.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Z67Hf_9NEg
ENYGMA

Postby aalan » Wed Nov 23, 2016 2:14 pm

aalan

Postby nduchen » Wed Nov 23, 2016 4:21 pm

Military school / baron+sheppard
Lisa needs braces / weise+lee / nope
Gruesome twosome / gosbee + lau
Fell / Vlahos + gstar
Stonecutters / musalem + poon (this is hedge against my own play tonight)
Flick-e-mart / Janine+jeff
nduchen

Postby pferder » Wed Nov 23, 2016 4:44 pm

Military
ReWiese
Carter
Premium
Hello YCT
FlickE
pferder

Postby deervein » Wed Nov 23, 2016 5:35 pm

Reweise - Laura Weise + Shawn Lee
Chalmers - Gosbee + Melody Lau
Premium - Kramer + Carla Difiippo
Stonecutters - Musalem + Vince Poon
Cletus - Moore + Calvin Ho
deervein

Postby gregkramer » Wed Nov 23, 2016 6:14 pm

Lisa Needs Braces - Laura Weise + Shawn Lee
Chalmers - Gosbee + Melody Lau
Felling - Kramer + Carla Difiippo
Stonecutters - Musalem + Vince Poon
Cletus -Janine Duffy + Jeffrey Chik
gregkramer

Postby cut-chemist » Wed Nov 23, 2016 7:07 pm

My predictions were not exactly spot on last week, but here goes.

Destinctly / Baron + Amanda
ReWiese / Laura + Shawn
GT
Premium
Stonecutters
Cletus
cut-chemist

Next

Return to Talk TUC League