View topic - Who the heck doesn't have a white shirt?

Who the heck doesn't have a white shirt?

"Rant on your Soapbox" Revived!

Who the heck doesn't have a white shirt?

Postby HotSauce » Fri Jun 24, 2005 10:20 am

Seeing as the Rant and Rave section of the BBS is alive and well, I thought I'd add my own rant.

We played a team this week and we decided that we would be dark and they would be white. One of their guys started playing in a shirt which was yellow. Not white. When we pointed this out to him, he argued that it was light enough. No one else on their team had an extra white shirt for the poor guy. Now I know yellow is light and therefore not dark but didn't all TUC members receive nice, comfortable WHITE shirts in the mail? And by this stage of the season, shouldn't every team know to bring a white and a dark shirt to games?

That's it. That's all. Have a good weekend.
HotSauce

Postby Wartank » Fri Jun 24, 2005 10:28 am

i wholeheartedly agree with this.
case in point: no one has ever mistook me as white.

dark should be dark, white should be white. no yellow.
and grey is the worst, because it becomes dark when soaked in sweat. and there are frequently people who think grey should be light or dark depending on what they need it for.

of course, it begs the question -- shouldn't people on your team have been able to lend the guy a white shirt?
"I do not like swimming. It is too much like . . . bathing." - Worf
Wartank

Postby Sheff » Fri Jun 24, 2005 10:51 am

So perhaps next year we could arrange to have our TUC shirts be the reversible ones - white on one side, dark on the other. I had a great gaia one at one time, but some freak stole it from the Laundromat!

No doubt there will still be those who have neither on a given night, but it can't hurt ...
Sheff

Postby HotSauce » Fri Jun 24, 2005 10:57 am

Wartank wrote:of course, it begs the question -- shouldn't people on your team have been able to lend the guy a white shirt?

We did. But my point is that we shouldn't have had to...
HotSauce

Postby Wartank » Fri Jun 24, 2005 11:09 am

buddhasphincta wrote:
Wartank wrote:of course, it begs the question -- shouldn't people on your team have been able to lend the guy a white shirt?

ok ;) sorry to detract from you rant. down with yellow!
"I do not like swimming. It is too much like . . . bathing." - Worf
Wartank

Postby TerryBobJack » Fri Jun 24, 2005 11:27 am

buddhasphincta wrote:

Plus they usually come back much smellier :shock:
Me fail English? That's unpossible!
TerryBobJack

Postby Paper » Wed Jul 06, 2005 7:03 pm

I suggest you prepare for this by holding intransigence practices with your team. One good drill is to go to a deli, and one after another, walk up to the counter and order exactly .67 pounds of your favourite deli food. Be prepared to walk out if your order is not met EXACTLY!
:lol:
Last edited by Paper on Thu Jan 10, 2008 2:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Paper

Postby Mortakai » Thu Jul 21, 2005 5:34 pm

Okay, white means white and dark means dark...

but...

...has anyone questioned that if it's "white" instead of "light", why are we okay with "dark" instead of "black".

Or do we actually have a problem with yellow, cream, and eggshell, but are completely fine with any combination of black, navy blue, dark green and blood red?
Mortakai

Postby GregS » Thu Jul 21, 2005 9:40 pm

I think problems arise with any non-white light colour, because they all get darker as they get wet with sweat. By the end of a game, even a light gray is looking pretty dark on me. (This is a much larger problem with cotton shirts than the Gaia/VC shirts.)
GregS
TUC Webmaster

Postby HotSauce » Thu Jul 21, 2005 11:31 pm

I suppose even white shirts can be confusing. In a recent game, I was running to cover the handler when she threw the disc right at me. When I promptly threw the disc to an open receiver in the endzone for a score, one of their players asked me if I had signalled for the disc.

Ummm...

Point 1: I put my hands up to catch the disc when it was thrown at my chest. So...no, I didn't "signal" for the disc

Point 2: We were wearing WHITE and they were DARK (I think they were all Navy Blue).

So maybe with the dry dusty fields my WHITE shirt had become DARK. Or is this rant becoming one about how dry and dusty our fields are

...in which case I apologize.
HotSauce

Return to Rant and Rave!