View topic - Permission problems licked?

Permission problems licked?

Announcements, complaints and other discussion about all aspects of our website.

Permission problems licked?

Postby GregS » Sat Dec 09, 2006 3:55 pm

I've had a few people report permission problems when trying to do things that they should be able to do, such as accept a captain's invitation to join a roster or register for indoor league. Thanks very much to these people for taking the time to explain how they hit the error, this was intrumental in finding the fix. Logs show that others have been having similar problems, but without the details I haven't been able to investigate.

After much digging in the code, I've found that this is a cookie problem. I've made the fix, but existing cookies may be active until as late as next Friday (one week from when they were set). If you see this problem in the meantime, you can clear your cookies (how to do this depends on which version of which browser you are using), or just wait a couple days and they will expire on their own.

While fixing this, I have also made it so that tuc.org and www.tuc.org are more interchangeable (for those who have had problems with this), and once I'm sure that the fix is working well, I'll be extending the lifetime of the "remember me" setting (turns out it only remembers you for 7 days right now).

Hopefully, this is the last of the login/permission related problems with the site. If you see anything else like this, please let me know ASAP and I'll look into it.
Did you get that thing I sent you?
GregS
TUC Webmaster

Return to TUC Website