View topic - Mobile version of TUC site

Mobile version of TUC site

Announcements, complaints and other discussion about all aspects of our website.

Mobile version of TUC site

Postby GregS » Thu Aug 05, 2010 2:25 pm

With the launch of Zuluru comes more flexibility than we had in the past. Here's the first such item.

Mobile users, please point your phones to m.tuc.org and let me know how this works for you. It's just a stripped-down version that includes only Zuluru, not all the main menus. You can always go to tuc.org if you want full functionality, but this should be faster, smaller and maybe more user-friendly for submitting scores from the bar after the game or double-checking exactly which of the Sunnybrook Field Hockey fields you're supposed to be at.
Did you get that thing I sent you?
GregS
TUC Webmaster

Postby gkitch » Thu Aug 05, 2010 4:51 pm

Looks good using a Blackberry 9000; however, the regular version of the site loads faster than the mobile version.

That being said, I like how I can access upcoming games right from the home screen on the mobile version. Well done.
gkitch

Postby GregS » Thu Aug 05, 2010 11:28 pm

gkitch wrote:Looks good using a Blackberry 9000; however, the regular version of the site loads faster than the mobile version.

That somehow seems impossible, since the regular version does everything the mobile one does, and then some. It's just a different way to access the exact same code.
gkitch wrote:That being said, I like how I can access upcoming games right from the home screen on the mobile version. Well done.

You can get that on the regular site too, and always have been able to. Click "My Games" in the far left menu, or "Home" in the near left menu. Always amazes me how many people have never found this. I think it's the single most useful page of the entire site.
Did you get that thing I sent you?
GregS
TUC Webmaster

Postby GwaiLo » Fri Aug 06, 2010 12:39 am

gkitch wrote:Looks good using a Blackberry 9000; however, the regular version of the site loads faster than the mobile version.

That being said, I like how I can access upcoming games right from the home screen on the mobile version. Well done.

The regular site probably loaded faster because most of the items were in your cache. Try loading the mobile one again and I bet it's faster this time.
GwaiLo

Return to TUC Website