View topic - iCal problems?

iCal problems?

Announcements, complaints and other discussion about all aspects of our website.

iCal problems?

Postby GregS » Fri May 18, 2012 12:25 pm

I've had a couple of reports of some games not showing up in Google Calendar. If you are a player on Get At Me Wolf, AlotaD or UFO, and your game IS showing up in Google Calendar, please let me know. If you are on any other team and your game is NOT showing up, I'd like to hear about that too. In all cases, please include whether you are using the team schedule or the personal schedule option.

Online validators are telling me that the output is fine, so it seems I need to manually figure out the common thread that's causing certain games to fail in Google.

On a related note, most of this summer's game slots were accidentally set up with a game end time of midnight rather than sunset. I have corrected this, but it seems Google was treating these games as one hour long (since, technically, the end time was before the start time). I don't think that this is related to the problem above, as 2 of the 3 examples I looked at were turf games with correctly set end times, but if you're seeing an end time of 7:30 in Google Calendar, just wait until tomorrow and it should correct itself.
Did you get that thing I sent you?
GregS
TUC Webmaster

Postby hazelt » Fri May 18, 2012 2:07 pm

Playing Mojo and my Monday game is also not showing up.

Thanks!
hazelt

Postby GregS » Sun May 20, 2012 10:02 am

It seems that the game time correction may in fact have fixed this problem. At least, I've heard from a number of people after making that change that their game showed up in their calendar. If anyone is still having problems, please post back here or PM me.
Did you get that thing I sent you?
GregS
TUC Webmaster

Return to TUC Website