View topic - Stat tracking

Stat tracking

Announcements, complaints and other discussion about all aspects of our website.

Stat tracking

Postby GregS » Sun Feb 10, 2013 8:19 pm

The latest version of Zuluru has added stat tracking! This is aimed first and foremost at the Parity league, but it's my hope that once it's proven out, we'll enable it as an option for other leagues too, giving captains a new way to evaluate who to cut next year, giving Darren and Lawrence and Guzzwell something new to look at on Friday afternoons, and giving everyone the chance to gain bragging rights over their peers.

There's a couple of stat-related features still in the pipeline (top of the list: division leader board), but it's pretty highly functional already. Hope you all enjoy it, and please send your suggestions for how to make it even better!
Did you get that thing I sent you?
User avatar
GregS
TUC Webmaster
 
Posts: 1291
Joined: Thu Apr 01, 2004 1:45 pm

Re: Stat tracking

Postby GwaiLo » Mon Feb 11, 2013 10:26 am

GregS wrote:...giving Darren and Lawrence and Guzzwell something new to look at on Friday afternoons, and giving everyone the chance to gain bragging rights over their peers.
...


Wait a minute....are you saying we're only able to view the stats on Fridays? What are we supposed to do for the other 4 weekdays?
User avatar
GwaiLo
 
Posts: 381
Joined: Wed Feb 20, 2008 5:48 pm

Re: Stat tracking

Postby nyxll » Mon Feb 11, 2013 11:01 am

GwaiLo wrote:
GregS wrote:...giving Darren and Lawrence and Guzzwell something new to look at on Friday afternoons, and giving everyone the chance to gain bragging rights over their peers.
...


Wait a minute....are you saying we're only able to view the stats on Fridays? What are we supposed to do for the other 4 weekdays?


The same thing you do now, post comments to boost your postcount.
nyxll
 
Posts: 63
Joined: Mon Jan 24, 2011 12:35 pm

Re: Stat tracking

Postby GwaiLo » Mon Feb 11, 2013 11:35 am

nyxll wrote:
GwaiLo wrote:
GregS wrote:...giving Darren and Lawrence and Guzzwell something new to look at on Friday afternoons, and giving everyone the chance to gain bragging rights over their peers.
...


Wait a minute....are you saying we're only able to view the stats on Fridays? What are we supposed to do for the other 4 weekdays?


The same thing you do now, post comments
to boost your postcount.


+1
User avatar
GwaiLo
 
Posts: 381
Joined: Wed Feb 20, 2008 5:48 pm

Postby npannu » Mon Feb 11, 2013 3:43 pm

Will the substitue players for each team be added? If this is possible...

Also the wins category was not updated.
npannu
 
Posts: 25
Joined: Wed Oct 24, 2012 5:02 pm

Postby GregS » Mon Feb 11, 2013 6:11 pm

npannu wrote:Will the substitue players for each team be added? If this is possible...

It's my understanding that it was not desirable to track individual stats for subs, as these stats would be counted in their totals and hence affect their salary.
npannu wrote:Also the wins category was not updated.

Hmm, neither were any of the other calculated categories like losses, ties, points or turnovers. Will look into this and get it sorted soon, at which point all of those calculations will be corrected.
Did you get that thing I sent you?
User avatar
GregS
TUC Webmaster
 
Posts: 1291
Joined: Thu Apr 01, 2004 1:45 pm

Postby crystal » Mon Feb 11, 2013 9:59 pm

is there any way to see everyone's stats in one chart to see how we stack up against each other?
crystal
 
Posts: 6
Joined: Sun Jun 10, 2007 10:23 pm

Postby npannu » Tue Feb 12, 2013 1:06 am

GregS wrote:
npannu wrote:Will the substitue players for each team be added? If this is possible...

It's my understanding that it was not desirable to track individual stats for subs, as these stats would be counted in their totals and hence affect their salary.


As far as I understand the salary of the subs is important as it counts towards the team totals and affects the teams salary cap space. But any of the GMs or senior officials should be able to confirm this.
npannu
 
Posts: 25
Joined: Wed Oct 24, 2012 5:02 pm

Postby GregS » Tue Feb 12, 2013 12:34 pm

crystal wrote:is there any way to see everyone's stats in one chart to see how we stack up against each other?

GregS wrote:There's a couple of stat-related features still in the pipeline (top of the list: division leader board)
Did you get that thing I sent you?
User avatar
GregS
TUC Webmaster
 
Posts: 1291
Joined: Thu Apr 01, 2004 1:45 pm

Postby GregS » Tue Feb 12, 2013 3:00 pm

GregS wrote:Hmm, neither were any of the other calculated categories like losses, ties, points or turnovers. Will look into this and get it sorted soon, at which point all of those calculations will be corrected.

Calculated stats are now correct. 'Twas a silly bug on my part.
Did you get that thing I sent you?
User avatar
GregS
TUC Webmaster
 
Posts: 1291
Joined: Thu Apr 01, 2004 1:45 pm

Postby Wartank » Tue Feb 12, 2013 8:24 pm

still working through some stat/ calc kinks in season 2. sub stats are of course important. they will likely be calculated similarly to season 1, whereas player values in season 2 will be based on average stats per game.
"I do not like swimming. It is too much like . . . bathing." - Worf
User avatar
Wartank
 
Posts: 1456
Joined: Tue Mar 16, 2004 12:55 pm


Return to TUC Website

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest