As we celebrate #PrideMonth, we are proud of our work and our community - teams, coaches, athletes, volunteers, administrators - have done to make our sport an open and welcoming space. We are excited to continue to build on that progress.
2021 PRIDE EVENTS
This year, Pride Toronto celebrates its 40th Anniversary. Festival weekend takes place this weekend, June 25-27th, and our friends at Pride Toronto have put together a series of events, including BIPOC programming Virtual Pride Parades and Marches. Click here to see a listing of all the Virtual Pride Festival events happening this week and through to the end of June.
Egale also has a Pride Inside Guide on ways to celebrate Pride.
LGBTQ+ INCLUSIVITY RESOURCES
Check out the listing of some resources we have compiled on how we can support our LGBTQ+ community members through allyship and creating brave, safe and inclusive spaces for everyone:
- The 519 Resource, Creating Authentic Spaces
- PFLAG's 4th Edition Guide to Being an Ally
- 10 Ways to Be an Ally & a Friend
- Egale's Tips on how to practice LGBTQI2S Allyship
- Attend pride events as an ally
- From our friends at the Coaches Association of Canada, a resource on working with LGBTQ+ athletes and coaches