On March 24th, 2012 TUC hosted the Women's Hat tournament in conjunction with Team Canada Women and Lotus. All tournament action took place at Lamport stadium located at King and Dufferin in Toronto.
On March 24th the best female ultimate players from across the GTA (and beyond!) took to the fields of Lamport Stadium for what has become an annual Elite/Competitive Women's HAT Tournament. This year's tournament demonstrated amazing growth when compared to the 2011 edition, with the overall number of players nearly tripling to 90. Our Elite division attracted over 50 top calibre players competing on four outstanding teams in a round-robin format. Over 35 players took part in the competitive divison round-robin and received expert coaching from the elite sides. Some truly fantastic ultimate and great spirit was displayed by all teams over the course of the three hours. Most Valuable Players and Most Spirited Players were selected from each team and awarded great prizes from VC Ultimate and the TUC shop. A special thanks goes out to the tournament organizers and the Toronto Ultimate Club for making this event possible.
After the tournament, a bake sale was held in support of Team Canada Women's Ultimate (What can't these women do?). Thanks to everyone who helped make the bake sale fundraiser such a success as $132.00 was raised in support of the team.
- Dates: March 24th, 2012
- Times: 4pm-7pm (3 hrs)
- Location: Lamport Stadium
- Format: Elite Division - Approx. 5 teams, Comp/Inter Division - Approx. 3 teams, Indoor Speedpoint Rules, Footblocks allowed,
- Level of Play: There will be an Elite division (approx. 5 teams) and a Competitive/Intermediate division (approx. 3 teams)
- Cost: $40 for TUC members, $45 for non-TUC members
- Registration: Online registration for individuals opens Thursday March 1st
- Contact: email@example.com
|Courtesy Ed Kung||Courtesy Ed Kung|
Brought to you by