View topic - ultimate benefit concert - Sat Nov 17, 2018 at Tranzac Club

ultimate benefit concert - Sat Nov 17, 2018 at Tranzac Club

Post all non-ultimate related topics here.

ultimate benefit concert - Sat Nov 17, 2018 at Tranzac Club

Postby tracyd » Mon Nov 05, 2018 1:04 am

Hello ulti friends,

Hope you're enjoying the start of fall indoor -- I look forward to getting back on the field in the winter session, and I may see some of you on the sidelines at Masters or Downsview leagues.

I'm writing to invite you to come out to the second benefit concert that I'm organizing to support immigrants and refugees. We took your feedback from the first one, so this time it will be held at a central location that serves adult beverages!

Here are all the details:

Welcome Home Benefit Concert:
Saturday, Nov 17, 2018, 8pm-midnight
Tranzac Club (292 Brunswick Ave, near Bloor & Spadina) - it's transit-friendly and there's a Green P parking lot right beside the building
Event page: https://mnlct.org/welcome-home-benefit-concert-2018
Tickets: $20 in advance online or $25 at the door

Featuring not one but TWO great bands to enjoy:
The Fires Of is a collective of Canadian musicians and ultimate players -- Graeme Donnelly (“The Eerie One”, vocals and rhythm guitar), Lisa Di Diodato (“The Delightful One”, vocals and bass), Steve Canning (“The Precocious One”, lead guitar), Peyton Leung (“The Ravishing One”, violin and percussion) and Greg Heard (“The Sesquipedalian One”, drums) -- that thrives on bringing joy and melody to the people with their infectious brand of indie-pop and high-energy live shows.

Chad Price is a Canadian artist who has accomplished much so far in his young musical career. He’s had his music featured on national TV programs, he’s had radio charting songs, he’s a nominee and winner of multiple music awards, he’s toured across Canada, and he’s shared the stage with music industry heavyweights including Lights, and Walk Off The Earth.

We're thrilled to be sponsored by Beau's Brewery, who will donate a portion of their sales to us.

There are also lots of door prizes, both ultimate and non-ultimate related, and you can try your luck at a 50/50 draw.

Get your tickets here: https://whbc2018.eventbrite.ca

If you can't make it out, you are welcome make a donation at htyps://MNLCT.org/donate to support the event. You can also help by liking/sharing our Facebook event: https://www.facebook.com/events/2406760169348981. Our goal is to raise $5,000, so any help you can provide is appreciated!

Funds raised will go towards programs and services for newcomers, including our Integration Through Recreation project that works in partnership with TUC to help vulnerable newcomer youth aged 16-29 build the friendships and networks that we know can happen through ultimate.

We believe that in the face of the racist and anti-immigrant sentiments that are being expressed here and in the US these days, the Welcome Home Benefit Concert is a way for Torontonians to express their support for newcomers in a meaningful way.

Cheers, and hope to see you there! Any questions, email me at tdocheff at MNLCT dot org.

Tracy

P.S. Even though it's a work* event, I think it will be a lot of fun. There are already a number of ulti players confirmed (thx Greg, Hin, Sarah, Christian, Stephane, Dan, Debbi, Nat!) and more in the works, so you will have someone to chat with.

*Standard disclaimer: I'm the Communications Manager for the Mennonite New Life Centre of Toronto (MNLCT), a non-profit settlement agency (charity) that has been supporting the economic and social inclusion of newcomers and refugees since 1983. (No, I'm not a Mennonite, although I can put you in touch with a few if you're interested, and no, you don't have to be a Mennonite to work for or be a client of the Centre.)

P.P.S. Please feel free to forward to your teammates or other contacts.
tracyd

Return to General Forum