2016 Winter TPL Discraft

Post all your league discussions here.

2016 Winter TPL Discraft

Postby master_storm » Tue Feb 02, 2016 12:34 pm

Welcome to season 80s!
master_storm

Re: 2016 Winter TPL Discraft

Postby nhung2 » Tue Feb 02, 2016 7:47 pm

There should be salary relief for everyone born in the 80's.
nhung2

Postby ENYGMA » Wed Feb 03, 2016 12:36 pm

and a Tax on those born in the 90's
ENYGMA

Postby master_storm » Thu Feb 04, 2016 2:21 pm

Full stats leaderboard can be found here
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... 1238198717

Also, if you haven't done so, find the TPL facebook page and like it!

Male MVP
This week’s MVP is Jeff Steele. This is his 1st MVP honors this year and 4th lifetime

4 Goals
12 Assists
2 2nd Assists
3 Ds
3 Throwaways
1 Receiver Error

Female MVP
This week's female MVP is Michelle Chandler. This is her 1st MVP honors this year and her 2nd lifetime.

1 Goals
3 Assists
3 2nd Assists
4 Ds
1 Throwaways

Defensive players of the week
The male defensive player(s) of the week are Jon Brandt with 4 Ds
The female defensive player(s) of the week are Michelle Chandler with 4 Ds

Leaderboards

Goals
Tyler Curtis 9
Kiley Bolton 6
Julian Weinrib 6

Goals - Female
Kiley Bolton 6
Nicolette Bertsch 4
Stacia Cheung 3
Sarah Maureen MacQuarrie 3
Hadiya Roderique 3
Danielle Leung 3
Audrey Fu 3

Assists
Jeff Steele 12
Matt Denton 8
Andrew Milne 7

Assists - Female
Kate Jardine 4
Amanda Moore 4
Sarah Tulin 3
Sarah Floyd 3
Michelle Chandler 3
Emma Seaborn 3

2nd Assist
Chris Loat 7
Rob Jankowski 5
Vikki Shimoda 4

2nd Assist - Female
Vikki Shimoda 4
Sarah Tulin 3
Sarah Floyd 3
Michelle Chandler 3
Meghan Janssen 3
Jane Logan 3
Emma Seaborn 3
Catherine Brooks 3

Most Ds
Michelle Chandler 4
Jon Brandt 4
Rob Jankowski 3
Norman Lew 3
Matthew Frederick 3
Matt Murl 3
Matt Kirk 3
Jon Brunetti 3
Jeff Steele 3
Greg Sheldrake 3

Most Ds - Female
Michelle Chandler 4
Sarah Granziol 2
Nicolette Bertsch 2
Mei-linn Chuong 2
Hadiya Roderique 2
Destin McQuillan 2
Aislind Syrotuik 2

Throwaways
Hin Tang 6
Rick St. Jean 5
Mike Elliott 5
Marko Iskric 5
Hadiya Roderique 5
Colin Thompson 5
Andrew Gosbee 5

Top Salary
Jeff Steele 187500
Tyler Curtis 161000
Baron Lam 159500

Top Female Salary
Michelle Chandler 145500
Nicolette Bertsch 138500
Kiley Bolton 138000

Milestones

These people have reached the following milestones

200 Assists - Jeff Steele, Tyler Curtis

50 Ds - Jon Brant

$2,000,000 - Jeff Steele, Matt Denton
$1,000,000 - Kieran Bol

20 Wins - Mark Taylor, Rick St. Jean, Mathew Harder
master_storm

Postby HotSauce » Thu Feb 04, 2016 4:27 pm

Has a season ever started with 14 players (including a GM) having lost salary after the first week? Some ugly games yesterday...
HotSauce

Postby JonB » Thu Feb 04, 2016 5:37 pm

nhung2 wrote:There should be salary relief for everyone born in the 80's.

There should be salary relief for those who remember the 80s. And may or may not have had a poster of Cyndi Lauper on his wall.
Girls just wanna have Hung.
"Disc through the heart, and you're to blame"
Jon "Bon Jovi" Brandt
JonB

Postby nhung2 » Sat Feb 06, 2016 12:10 pm

HotSauce wrote:Has a season ever started with 14 players (including a GM) having lost salary after the first week? Some ugly games yesterday...

I think every season people start slow getting used to the league. That being said, I'll be interested if there's still ppl in the red in one or two more weeks.
nhung2

Postby JackDisc » Tue Feb 09, 2016 6:54 pm

Is there a link somewhere that shows the salary impact of each action? Or other background info?
JackDisc

Postby cthompson » Wed Feb 10, 2016 10:26 am

Goals: 5k
Assists: 5k
2nd Assists: 3k
Ds: 5k
Wins: 5k

Drops: -3k
Throwaways: -3.5k

https://www.facebook.com/TUCParityLeague/posts/1972090903015541
cthompson

Postby destin » Thu Feb 11, 2016 2:44 pm

Anyone find a red disc last night? Doesn't have my name on it but that doesn't mean I don't care about it deeply. My great grandmother gave me that disc and I was hoping to pass it on to my first born child. Also, I used that disc to catch a little boy as he fell from a burning building. It was in the newspaper.
destin

Postby JonB » Thu Feb 11, 2016 2:47 pm

A red disc?
Next you will be asking for some neon crap from the 80s. Nobody uses red discs. Except, maybe, for catching little boys falling from burning buildings. That almost makes it valuable.
Jon "Bon Jovi" Brandt
JonB

Postby master_storm » Thu Feb 11, 2016 3:24 pm

Male MVP
This week’s MVP is Jeff Steele. This is his 2nd MVP honors this year and 5th lifetime

8 Goals
3 Assists
1 2nd Assists
4 Ds
2 Throwaways

Female MVP
This week's female MVP are Hadiya Roderique and Vikki Shimoda. This is Dee's 1st MVP honors this year and 16th lifetime. This is Vikki's 1st MVP honors this year and first life time

Dee
5 Goals
4 Assists
3 2nd Assists
1 Ds
4 Throwaways

Vikki
7 Goals
1 2nd Assists
1 Ds
1 Receiver Error

The male defensive player(s) of the week are Jeff Steele with 4 Ds
The female defensive player(s) of the week are Emma Seaborn with 4 Ds

Leaderboards

Goals
Tyler Curtis 17
Julian Weinrib 15
Jeff Steele 12

Goals - Female
Vikki Shimoda 8
Hadiya Roderique 8
Stacia Cheung 7

Assists
Jeff Steele 15
Matt Denton 12
Chris Loat 12
Andrew Milne 12

Assists - Female
Amanda Moore 7
Hadiya Roderique 6
Emma Seaborn 6

2nd Assist
Chris Loat 8
Rob Jankowski 6
Nick Hung 6
Darrel Nantais 6

2nd Assist - Female
Vikki Shimoda 5
Amanda Moore 5
Kiley Bolton 4
Catherine Brooks 4
Agatha Hodsman 4

Most Ds
Jon Brandt 7
Jeff Steele 7
Greg Sheldrake 6

Most Ds - Female
Emma Seaborn 5
Destin McQuillan 5
Michelle Chandler 4

Throwaways
BC Roedde 10
Norman Lew 9
Hadiya Roderique 9

Top Salary
Jeff Steele 258500
Tyler Curtis 207500
Julian Weinrib 207500

Top Female Salary
Vikki Shimoda 163500
Hadiya Roderique 162000
Amanda Moore 159500

Milestones

100 Goals - Catherine Brooks, Sarah Granziol, Marianne Perko
250 Goals - Jeff Steele, Julian Weinrib

200 Assists - Greg Sheldrake

50 Ds - Emma Seaborn
100 Ds - Jon Brunetti

100 Throwaways - Greg Sheldrake, Jon Brant
250 Throwaways Andy Milne

$1,000,000 - Mark Taylor
Last edited by master_storm on Fri Feb 12, 2016 11:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
master_storm

Postby nhung2 » Thu Feb 11, 2016 8:16 pm

A brief synopsis of Wednesday's games.

(I am unabashedly biased, didn't really pay attention to all the games and def. just giggling at how many times I couldn't tell the difference between Faulkner and Kramer)

The best part of Parity is watching other games, having a cold glass of "water" and heckling other games so come join me and others pre and post game on the sidelines. Heckling and attempting to get people to throw blades is not only encouraged but required.

Girls just want to have Hung v. Remington Steele
20-17

GJWTHH came out super slow after trading away three strong male players and were down 5-1. Sky Battle between Julian and Steele occurred all night with each scoring multiple goals and Ds on each other. Every time Nick guarded Steele, Steele scored on Nick. It was not pretty. GJWTHH were down by 2 at half, but crept back with some timely D and a Callahan by Jon Brandt thrown by Marko. Steele could be heard muttering under his breath about how lazy that throw looked when it went up. Around 835, Fin decided to show up to his 800 game. A good time to Call in the Calvary some might say. Not in this case. Shortly after half, GJWTHH took the lead and held on. Hung goes 2-0, Steele falls to 0-2.

Male MVP: Julian takes it over Steele having one more goal and Steele already having won the MVP of the week award from the people that actually matter. Honourable mention to me cuz I got 5 cheap hockey assists.

Female MVP: Janine Duffy comes off the bench and fills one of the empty Lady spots and instantly has an impact with a 3 A, 1 2A 2D night

Alvin and the Chikmunks v. New Kids with a Handblock
17-25
Exciting match up between two teams that looked great last week, with Chikmunks jumping off to a huge lead in the 1st week before settling down to a comfortable win, and Kiddy Handblock tieing it late against Rowdy Ricky Piper last week. This was was about all the boy bands with their hands out though, as New Kids with a Handblock came out strong lead by a strong defensive effort. In a reversal of last week, Chikmunks this week found themselves at the mercy of a big lead (probably) and at the end of the game New Kids with a Handblock GM Carter Chin saying thank you and goodbye to his players in preparation for his impending cap space doom. Chikmunks goes 1-1, Handblock goes 1-0-1 remaining undefeated on the season. Special note to Rob Grundy who came out strong with a ridic. line subbing for Alex BB with something like 6 Goals, 3 A 3 2A and 6Ds (0.0) with no throwaways to crush the competition.

Male MVP: Grundy takes it with the crazy sub stat day and gets the MVP here because subs aren't eligible for the real thing. Ah one can dream.
Honourable mentions to Matt Kirk - 1 Goal, 7 Assists 3 2A 1 D with 4 TA. Strong performance and Shimon who looked super strong before leaving half way through the game for precautionary reasons.

Female MVP: Defense wins Champions- Destin McQuillan with 1A, 12A and 3 Ds, 1 TA

W(h)AM! v. Ghozbusters
18-20

Another example of a team that lost beating a team that won real big last week, Ghozbusters took it to W(h)AM! in a nailbiter. Once again Ghozbuster's opponents and even the scorekeepers were confused by the twin towers of Ghozbusters and didnt know where to throw it because they though they were seeing double. Lots of turnovers fueled by lots of Ds with bookends by both Agatha Hodsman and Greg Sheldrake. Post-game stats whore Sheldrake could be heard muttering I swear I got at least 12Ds, there's no way I only got 3. Well Sheldrake, sometimes thats the way the cookie crumbles. Ghozbusters with the win. Each goes 1-1.

Male MVP: Greg Kramer with 6G, 2A, 12A and 1D with two TA to lead the team in aggregate.

Female MVP: Agatha Hodsman with the 1G, 1A and 32A with a clean sheet on throwaways. Honourable mention to Amanda Moore for her 1G, 3A, 3 2A 1 D with 3TA night

The Shimotti Kid v. GI Joel and the Real American Heroes
30-17

Sideline GM Jamie Mott used the Crane Technique on the invading American warriors to lay a bit of a beatdown at the late game. I also heard that the Shimmys were planning to move but I didn't realize that they meant move permanently into the opposing team's endzone as they combined for 12 of the team's goals. Starkiller Grundy seemed to run out of Juice as his numbers were merely good in this game instead of out of this world. Balanced scoring by all. Shout out to Jar who told me that she laid out for a bunch of random stuff and yeah. Shimmy et al laid a smackethdown.

Male MVP: Shimmy with a ton of goals. Honourable mention (and possibly an even better game than Shimmy) with Kirk McRae with a 4G 4A 1 2A and 1 D with no throwaways, who then proceeded to sub in a Rec game.
Female MVP: Vikki had alot of Goals. She won the real MVP. Deserves this one too.

Both teams also go to 1-1. Yay Parity!

Mr. & Mrs. Packman v. Rowdy Ricky Piper
23-20

The other team that lost big last week v. the other team that tied match happened also at the bewitching hour. Celebrity GMing Darrel subbed himself in amongst a plethora of other reinforcements to win a game that at times looked beautiful to watch and at other times just wasn't. Balanced scoring by Kachina's troops as the majority of their team were in the neighbourhood of 2-3 goals and a strong defensive effort. Ricky's Rowdy Pipers came out to play and had no shortage of their own firepower led by Hadiya's 12 offensive points of the night (5G 4A, 3 2A, 1 D 4TA) and paced by an even assortment of men. Rare drop sighting by Paddy who a few years ago I believe went a whole season without one.

Male MVP: Mike Haddock. Making me regret trading him with 3s across the board (3G, 3A, 3 2A, 3 Ds, 3TA) and showing us why Lefties are always so tricky

Female MVP: Individual MVP to D's monster night and group MVP to Packman's ladies who played hard all night.

Packman goes to 1-1, Rick goes to 0-1-1.

Week 2 was a great week. Lots of big wins by teams that lost big last week and most of the teams going 1-1.

BBR rule of the week: You all love to dance right? Well, Big Brother practically grew up on Flashdance and Footloose, so they're making you dance too! This week's BBR is dubbed Dirty Dancing: every GM *must* trade at least one female and one male before the trade deadline. Time for the town bicycle to start rolling again!

I'll see if i do this every week. Lots to trade lots to do (like my real work)
nhung2

Postby hayleyb » Sat Feb 13, 2016 11:37 pm

I would like to announce now that I have a band competition Wednesday night this week (so I won't be there). Trade wisely? :alien: t
hayleyb

Postby nhung2 » Tue Feb 16, 2016 11:45 pm

Week Two Trades Video created by THE Ed Kung

https://vimeo.com/155621252
nhung2

Postby master_storm » Thu Feb 18, 2016 4:18 pm

Male MVP
This week’s MVP is back-to-back Jeff Steele. This is his 3rd MVP honors this year and 6th lifetime

3 Goals
7 Assists
2 2nd Assists
2 Ds
2 Throwaways

Female MVP
This week's female MVP is Amanda Moore. This is her 1st MVP honors this year and her 6th lifetime.

3 Goals
4 Assists
2 2nd Assists
2 Ds
1 Throwaways

The male defensive player(s) of the week are Jarrod Stewart with 4 Ds
The female defensive player(s) of the week are Cassandra Cheung, Janine Duffy, Erin McMahon with 3 Ds

Leaderboards

Goals
Tyler Curtis 23
Julian Weinrib 17
Jeff Steele 15

Goals - Female
Vikki Shimoda 11
Stacia Cheung 9
Hadiya Roderique 8

Assists
Jeff Steele 22
Chris Loat 15
Warren Tang 14
Matt Denton 14
Alex Koo 14

Assists - Female
Sarah Tulin 11
Hadiya Roderique 11
Amanda Moore 11

2nd Assist
Chris Loat 13
Darrel Nantais 10
Tim Kiladze 8
Rob Jankowski 8
Mike Haddock 8
Matt Kirk 8

2nd Assist - Female
Amanda Moore 7
Sarah Tulin 6
Lori Bristow 6
Jane Logan 6

Most Ds
Jeff Steele 9
Jon Brandt 8
Jon Brunetti 7
Greg Sheldrake 7
Baron Lam 7
Adam Seaborn 7

Most Ds - Female
Michelle Chandler 6
Emma Seaborn 6
Janine Duffy 5
Hadiya Roderique 5
Destin McQuillan 5

Throwaways
Hadiya Roderique 16
BC Roedde 13
Mark Bustin 12
Jon Brunetti 12
Hin Tang 12

Top Salary
Jeff Steele 322500
Julian Weinrib 245000
Tyler Curtis 239500

Top Female Salary
Amanda Moore 212000
Michelle Chandler 189000
Sarah Tulin 185000

Milestones

100 Goals - Chris Faulkner

200 Assists - Hin Tang

100 Ds - Warren Tang

100 Throwaways - Norm Stewart
master_storm

Postby mmurl » Fri Feb 19, 2016 3:30 pm

Quick hitter stat post to liven up the board a little (hopefully!)

The Good:
B2B2B MVP Jeff Steele chasing the triple crown! Greg Ellis (2nd, 3rd, 1st) and Kooch (3rd, 2nd, 1st) have come close but were narrowly edged out by Norm on Assists (both times) or Steele/Gareth on goals… Steele is currently 1st in Assists and Ds and trailing only in the category that he would have been the pre-season favourite to lead. Not to let his head get too big to fit in the dome next week, Steele’s normally at the bottom of the leaderboard on wins (2nd lowest % for players over 40 games)… so at least he got his first as a GM last week.

Amanda Moore back to her dominating stat lines. Maybe she’s changed her working hours or is just avoiding the 10pm time slot, but she has come back this season with 3 games all better than any game last season and working her way to the top of the leaderboard after last week’s 52.5K performance. She’s had multiple 70K games before so hopefully another one will pop up soon.

Rob Grundy came in as a sub and lit it up with an approximate 90K game (estimated at 5G, 4A, 5-2A, 6Ds, no turns + win)… totally dominated the game. His real season best when the statkeepers have his name in front of them is 63K.

Kirk MacRae continuing his impressively efficient play with no turns yet this season. He averages nearly 47K salary earned per turn and so far this year is at 93K/0.

On that note, congrats to James Ho starting his TPL career with 3 clean games (54K earned) and Jane Logan with 2 clean games so far (48K earned).

Top games this season vs all-time
9G – Jules and Ty (18th best, Record is 15)
12A – Steele (3rd best, Record is 14)
7-2A – Loat (2nd best, Record is 8)
No high D games yet, Record is an 8* (* due to meaningless end of season game)

The Bad
RSJ as a GM started off pretty rough, setting the new all-time low at -17,500 (excl a tie share). Jubba was particularly happy with this after holding this record (also as a GM). Coincidentally RSJ came into the season with the highest win % of any player over 20 games (75%). After starting 0-2-1 he still narrowly holds the edge at 71% over Matt Denton’s 70%. Sarah Tulin is lurking at 18 games and 72%.

Finlay played a solid game as a mid-game sub for Shimon but has had trouble finding his legs in TPL when the stats count - 3A 8TA, time to buy low as a GM!

BC and Norm fighting to get above the dreaded 50/50 A/TA mark in their continuing battle for the TA season lead. Current leader Dee is a new contender this season but likely to move over for these guys soon enough.

The Unbelievable
It’s pretty much impossible to verify but reasonable to assume that Team Shimmy set the all-time this week with only 61K in total team salary. 11G with 28TAs and 6 Drops. Shimmy (38K/game lifetime) with a negative game that was surprisingly not his first.

Some other crazy stat lines involve normal TPL value stalwarts Bru and Bustin, each with 11TAs in the last 2 games. For both, that is more than they had over all of last season.

Padraic Ryan came into this season as the all-time leader in Goals per drop at an awesome 41G on 1 Drop. He was continuing to add to this and got to around 44G before the wheels fell off and an unbelievable 3 drop game?! Rajiv is now the current leader at 27/1 (Kirk Macrae close behind at 51/2), while Gabe Isaac leads the dropless at 10G. On the ladies side Kat Zikov and Vikki are climbing up the board (15.6 and 15.0 Goals/drop) and nearly at all-time leader Bonnie Ketcheson (18.0). For the season approx 70 players still dropless which seems pretty high for 3 weeks.
mmurl

Postby sharn » Mon Feb 22, 2016 12:03 pm

Destin,

Denton gave me your grandmothers red disc. I looked all over for you but to no avail. I also sprained my ankle and had no intention of going to Monarch for 5 weeks. Luckily I ran into Warren at the youth ultimate session. If want to save any more kids from burning buildings you'll need to track him down.
sharn

Postby HotSauce » Mon Feb 22, 2016 3:06 pm

Good thing Warren and Destin are on the same team

...or are they...?
HotSauce

Postby destin » Tue Feb 23, 2016 3:08 am

sharn wrote:Destin,

Denton gave me your grandmothers red disc. I looked all over for you but to no avail. I also sprained my ankle and had no intention of going to Monarch for 5 weeks. Luckily I ran into Warren at the youth ultimate session. If want to save any more kids from burning buildings you'll need to track him down.

Thank you kindly sir or ma'am. Maybe one day I will have the honour of saving your life with this very important disc.
destin

Postby sharn » Tue Feb 23, 2016 4:19 am

I am 6'3" and almost 200 pounds. Unless that disc is an identity disc from Tron (80s reference) I think I'll take the stairs out of the burning building. :). Of course you could always MacGyver it (another 80s reference) into a trampoline or a fire truck.

Scott
sharn

Postby ca_ta » Tue Feb 23, 2016 12:46 pm

Week 3 Trade Video

CHECK IT OUT!!!

https://vimeo.com/156357255
ca_ta

Postby leech.morgan » Tue Feb 23, 2016 6:00 pm

I LOVE THE INTERVIEWS!!!!
leech.morgan

Postby mmurl » Tue Feb 23, 2016 7:03 pm

Really great work Ed and Marko! Looking forward to more.
mmurl

Postby nhung2 » Tue Feb 23, 2016 11:48 pm

Hey TPLers (and fans of TPL reading this forum)

Want to make GMs lives miserable? You have the power this week with BBR 4!

Vote at http://goo.gl/forms/j7xdSwVfDQ to decide what the GMs will be forced to do next week!

Voting closes soon!
nhung2

Postby MaxPower » Wed Feb 24, 2016 5:09 pm

Welcome to the return of the TPL Betting Pool aka the Soupcan Memorial Degenerate Player Pool:

Instead of betting amounts and push-up fines, we will be going with a simple approach of only keeping track of correct vs incorrect picks.

Spreads will be used to handicap the match-ups (and provide bulletin board material for captains).
Note: "Team A (-1.5) vs Team B" means that Team A is favoured to win by 1.5 points.
Another Note: Side bets will count in the results.

Here we go!

Alvin and the Chikmunks vs Mr. & Mrs. Packman (-1.5)
Is Kachina back yet? Their handling was sorely missed in their game last week. They also did minimal trading after a loss; we'll see how that strategy pays off for them. Meanwhile, the Chikmunks had to shed a lot of salary and still managed to get good value in return. The Chikmunks have gone Win Loss Win while the Packmen have gone Loss Win Loss. So we're going with the Packmen to keep both teams' season pattern going.

Remington Steele vs The Skimotti Kid (-1.5)
What do you do when you score 11 points in a game? If you're Shimotti, you trade over a third of your team. Meanwhile, Steele had to move 4 players after winning his first game of the season. Of course, the two teams made a 6-player trade with each other so many chances for 80's style vengeance...probably involving a skateboard race. Steele loses one hammer-thrower (Loat) but gets one in return (Denton). Vikki hopes that Fin can finally put up a positive-salary game.
Side Bet: Callahans thrown by Marko: over/under 0.5

Rowdy Ricky Piper (-2.5) vs W(h)AM
Winless so far, Rick cleans house with 6 new faces in the huddle. W(h)AM made it big last week, which led to Warmanda trading for injured dudes, so we'll see who they get to sub (or get from the wait list). Hot take: Rick really wants to win this one.
Side Bet: Dee TA's: over/under 4.5

New Kids with a Handblock vs GI Joel and the Real American Heroes (-4.5)
Carter made some big moves to improve his defence, while Joel shuffled things around after last week's surprising upset tie game. By the way, how Carter went with the NKWAH name instead of "Chintendo Cartertainment System" is beyond me.
Side Bet: Who has more turnovers: BC or Janssen?

Ghozbusters vs Girls just want to have Hung (-2.5)
Nick in the early lead for GM of the Year with his 3-0 start. A lot was made about a certain someone Loating his way to a title last season, but a few times the wire-to-wire leader has also won (Loat Season III, Denton Season V), so there's no set formula. I think Nick keeps is going this week.
Side bet: Who throws more Total Assists: Milne or Koo?

Good luck with your picks!

* Side bets edited due to absences
I got my name off a hair dryer.
MaxPower

Postby nhung2 » Wed Feb 24, 2016 5:35 pm

Alvin and the Chikmunks vs Mr. & Mrs. Packman (-1.5)

Kachina WIN despite the effects of Jet Lag.
Side Bet: Nick points out that there is no side bet here.

Remington Steele vs The Skimotti Kid (-1.5)
Shimotti with a big win. Goes with big win, big loss, big win type pattern
Side Bet: Callahans thrown by Marko: over/under 0.5- OVER
Personal Side Bet: Fin has a huge day in terms of positive stats, barely squeaks past starting salary.

Rowdy Ricky Piper (-2.5) vs W(h)AM

Wham's pickups do more than nothing and win it for WHAM.
Side Bet: Dee TA's: over/under 4.5- OVER

New Kids with a Handblock vs GI Joel and the Real American Heroes (-4.5)

Big Hucks v. Big D's. Once again Grundy ruins Carter's evening.
Side Bet: Who has more turnovers: BC or Janssen?- Neither have a big turnover game. Jansseen goes perfect.

Ghozbusters vs Girls just want to have Hung (-2.5)

Super bad Mojo to bet against yourself.
Side bet: Who throws more Total Assists: Milne or Koo?- That Milne to Kirk connection looks scary.
nhung2

Postby Big Country » Wed Feb 24, 2016 5:58 pm

Packman

Shimmy
Side Bet: under

Wham
Side Bet: under

GI Joel
Side Bet: BC

Ghoz
Side Bet: Milne
Big Country

Postby nantana50 » Wed Feb 24, 2016 6:56 pm

Packman

Steele, Under

Wham, Over

Joel, Janssen

Ghoz, Milne
nantana50

Postby mmurl » Wed Feb 24, 2016 7:01 pm

aaahhh, so good to have betting back...

Alvin
Steele
Marko Under (would be over for a no look pass TA)
Wham
Dee Under
New Kids
BC
Hung
Milne
mmurl

Postby JonB » Wed Feb 24, 2016 7:21 pm

We miss you Soupcan.

Packman
Shimmy
Marko under
W(h)am
Dee under
Joel
BC
Ghoz
Milne
Jon "Bon Jovi" Brandt
JonB

Postby ca_ta » Wed Feb 24, 2016 7:23 pm

LETS DO DIS!!!

Mr. & Mrs. Packman

Steele
Marko Over

W(h)AM
Dee Over

New Kids
Jannsen

Ghozbusters
Milne
ca_ta

Postby dentonmatthew » Wed Feb 24, 2016 7:50 pm

Alvin
Remington, no Cally
WhAM, over
NKOTHB, BC
Ghost, Milne
dentonmatthew

Postby MaxPower » Thu Feb 25, 2016 3:16 pm

Here are the correct picks from the first week of betting:

Alvin and the Chikmunks
Remington Steele; under (0, 2 people thought Marko would throw a Callahan!)
Rowdy Ricky Piper; under (Dee with 2 TA's)
New Kids on the Handblock, BC (5, Janssen with 0 turns!)
Ghozbusters, push (4 total assists each: 4/0 for Milne, 2/2 for Koo)

Standings:
mmurl 6-2 (75%)
dentonmatthew 6-2 (75%)
Big Country 4-4 (50%)
JonB 4-4 (50%)
ca_ta 3-5 (37.5%)
nantana50 3-5 (37.5%)
nhung2 1-7 (12.5%)
MaxPower

Postby nantana50 » Fri Feb 26, 2016 12:33 pm

3-5 for Ca_ta too?
nantana50

Postby MaxPower » Fri Feb 26, 2016 12:37 pm

Good catch, that's been fixed in the standings.
MaxPower

Postby mmurl » Fri Feb 26, 2016 5:46 pm

I know Norm sometimes just catches these up when he is back but I’ll try to lighten the load a little.

Male MVP
Breaking up Steele’s reign on MVP is Ty Curtis, first this season and looks like 2nd lifetime. He set his new career best at 75K in salary for a game.

6 Goals
7 Assists (Career high)
0 2nd Assists
1 Ds
0 Turnovers

Female MVP
This week's female MVP is Hadiya Roderique. This is her 2nd MVP honors this year and her 17th lifetime.

2 Goals
3 Assists
5 2nd Assists
1 Ds
2 Throwaways (for the all-important under for those who logged on late enough to gamble)

The male defensive player(s) of the week are Matt Murl with 5 Ds
The female defensive player(s) of the week are Amanda Sheppard and Audrey Fu with 3 Ds

Leaderboards

Goals
Tyler Curtis 29
Julian Weinrib 23
Jeff Steele 21

Goals - Female
Vikki Shimoda 13
Stacia Cheung 10
Hadiya Roderique 10
Sarah MacQuarrie 10
Kiley Bolton 10

Assists
Jeff Steele 26
Chris Loat 21
BC 21

Assists - Female
Hadiya Roderique 14
Amanda Moore 13
Sarah Tulin 11
Emma Seaborn 11

2nd Assist
Chris Loat 14
Darrel Nantais 13
Andy Zajac 10

2nd Assist - Female
Amanda Moore 9
Hadiya Roderique 8
Stacia Cheung 7

Most Ds
Jeff Steele 11
Greg Sheldrake 11
Jon Brandt 10
Matt Murl 10

Most Ds - Female
Michelle Chandler 6
Emma Seaborn 6
Janine Duffy 6
Hadiya Roderique 6
Destin McQuillan 6

Throwaways
Hadiya Roderique 18
BC Roedde 17
Emma Seaborn 15

Top Salary
Jeff Steele 383500
Tyler Curtis 314500
Greg Kramer 297000

Top Female Salary
Hadiya Roderique 215500
Amanda Moore 214000
Vikki Shimoda 209500

Other odd tidbits at quick glance:

Two TPL vets and superstars put up their first negative games. Warren Tang after 78 games played, Kirsten Niles after 45. Shimmy bounced back to 53K, so pressure is on you two.

Jeff Chik popping 50.5K with some great touch hucks, previous best was 37.5K.

Robert Jackson also with a career best 56.5K and impressive 5G and 6A.

Baron Lam on the back end of a B2B putting up his 3rd best lifetime with 58.5K

Wham as a team with 81.5K total salary trying to show Shimottki they aren’t the only ones that can go low. (For reference Rowdy Ricky Piper had 452K in salary and many others in the 350K range)

New Kids with 3 ladies over 35K in salary and 124.5K for the game, Rowdy’s ladies even better overall with 133.5K.

Janssen with her 4th ever no turnover game, clutch performance after being called out on the BBS gambling pool.

Matt Denton could have had his 2nd ever game without a turnover if not for a really garbage toss with 30 seconds left.

Bru and Bustin now on the same team turned their previous 2 games 22 combined TAs into 1, that’s more like it.

Kirk MacRae still without a turnover on 104K in salary. James Ho took the week off and is still without a turn, Jane Logan fell off the wagon.
mmurl

Postby JonB » Fri Feb 26, 2016 6:00 pm

Matt Denton could have had his 2nd ever game without a turnover if not for a really garbage toss with 30 seconds left.

Glad you said it, not me.
Jon "Bon Jovi" Brandt
JonB

Postby n.bertsch » Fri Feb 26, 2016 8:38 pm

Did anyone pick up an orange foam roller? I totally forgot it at the field and only now realized.... :oops:
n.bertsch

Postby dentonmatthew » Sat Feb 27, 2016 6:30 pm

JonB wrote:

Glad you said it, not me.

Playing for my captain, Jubba. -3500 TA and Vikki took in 5000 for the "D"
:)
(Anyone buying this? Bueller, Bueller?)
dentonmatthew

Postby ca_ta » Mon Feb 29, 2016 11:25 am

BBR 4:
The fan vote is in, and despite heavy ballot box stuffing, AFTER the final vote was tallied.

The result is that the person who had the most turnovers for your team in Week 4 must be traded:

Chintendo Cartertainment System (formerly New Kids on the Handblock) : Gabe or Quinn
Alvin and the CHIKmunks: Aislind
Rowdy Ricky Piper : Dee, Tim F, or Slater
Ghozbusters: Andy Milne *PROTECTED BY FRANCHISE TAG* -- falls to JUB
Girls Just Want To Have Hung: Emma *PROTECTED BY FRANCHISE TAG* -- falls to Dani, Julian, Ron Ha, or Matt Harder
Remington Steele: Janine or Dario
W(h)AM: Kieran
G.I. Joel and The Real American Heroes: Dempster
The Shimotti Kid: Fin, Adam*, Loat, or Jarrod
Mr and Mrs Packman: Stacia

Also remember this is TPL... YOU WILL BE TRADED!!

This issue was brought to you by Chintendo Power
ca_ta

Postby nantana50 » Mon Feb 29, 2016 9:26 pm

n.bertsch wrote:Did anyone pick up an orange foam roller? I totally forgot it at the field and only now realized.... :oops:

Someone definitely picked it up, but they thought it was Dario's. I'm sure it'll resurface, I just can't recall who else was hanging around just before everyone left for the night and who went to grab it.
nantana50

Postby MaxPower » Wed Mar 02, 2016 11:11 am

It's Week 2 of the TPL Betting Pool aka the Soupcan Memorial Degenerate Player Pool:

Reminder:
Spreads will be used to handicap the match-ups (and provide bulletin board material for captains).
Note: "Team A (-1.5) vs Team B" means that Team A is favoured to win by 1.5 points.
Another Note: Side bets will count in the results (unless the players involved are absent).

Rowdy Ricky Piper vs GI Joel and the Real American Heroes (-2.5)
Last week the only winner the house picked correctly was RRP...and everyone picked W(h)AM. Meanwhile, GI Joel was favoured big and lost big. Hey..it's my first day. RRP lost his top laDee, but managed to get a pretty solid haul in return. GI Joel appears to be NoBS-ifying his team. People would get worried except that this strategy has yet to work in the TPL...GI Joel is hoping this is the season it does.
Side Bet: Who gets more D's: Wangers (-0.5) or RSJ?

The Shimotti Kid (-0.5) vs Mr. & Mrs. Packman
Two 1-3 teams face off; with the loser being in the same 1-4 spot that The Team Who Knew To Loat was in last season. This is a stellar matchup of ladies: K, Erin, Janssen, Nat, Taunya vs Dee, Tulin, Vikki and GStar. Oh, and Shimotti just picked up Mel D as their Wildcard (clap clap clap). Guys...just try to stay out of the way.
Side Bet: Who scores more G's: Shimotti's males or females?

Girls just want to have Hung (-3.5) vs Chintendo Cartertainment System
GJWTHH was looking good in the first half to remain undefeated. Then the second half happened. And Nick went 1-7 in his bets. Ouch. At least he scored a sweet orange foam roller at the end of the night. Now we have a 3-1 team that upgraded in salary. As for Carter he could do no wrong; scoring a big upset and making the smrt move to change his team name. Now he's just hoping to cling onto the Commish and Ty for as long as possible.
Side Bet: Who gets more D's: Janine (-0.5) or Destin?

W(h)AM! vs Alvin and the Chikmunks (-1.5)
Last week the Chikmunks overcame Norm's vacation while W(h)AM was a bunch of Careless Disc-ers. And as it usually happens, their big trade was with each other. I see you there Warren, picking up any and all of your ex-Disciples of Love. Expect the statkeepers to say a lot of "Norm to Dempster" and vice versa.
Side Bet: Who gets more combined G/A's: Amanda (-0.5) or Chandler?

Ghozbusters vs Remington Steele (-1.5)
Steele is doing his best Ellis impersonation, leading (or close) in many different categories. After Adam Seaborn's whirlwind tour of teams during trading (traded 4 times!) his odyssey ends with the Ghozbusters...until Gosbee inevitably trades him again.
Side Bet: Will Kirk MacRae turn the disc over?

Place your bets!
MaxPower

Postby Edk001 » Wed Mar 02, 2016 11:46 am

Based solely on rosters (i.e., my picks will probably be way off if there are subs in any of these games - given how this season has gone so far, most likely will be subs - so many absences this season):

- Joel / Wanger
- Shim / females
- Chintendo (this one was a tough one, gonna go with Carter just because he changed his team name) / Janine
- Chikmunks / Chandler
- Steele / none
Are you photo worthy? Then lay out for the camera!
Edk001

Postby Big Country » Wed Mar 02, 2016 12:26 pm

Gi Joel - Wangers
Shimotti Kid - Females
Hung - Janine
Chikmunks - Amanda
Steele - No turns for Kirk
Big Country

Postby mmurl » Wed Mar 02, 2016 12:32 pm

Some tough games to call this week.

RSJ for the points, Wanger better get some Ds. 1 D all season Wangers?!?!
Shimotti to win big. Ladies.
Carter for the points. Destin.
Chikmunks look to have a lot of firepower right now. Chandler.
Steele. No turns for Kirk.
mmurl

Postby nhung2 » Wed Mar 02, 2016 12:45 pm

Joel/Wanger
Shim/Ladies
Hung /Janine
Chik/Amanda
Steele/No turns

Hoping to get at least 25% right this time.
nhung2

Postby nantana50 » Wed Mar 02, 2016 1:39 pm

RRP- Wangers
MMP- Males
Chin- Destin
Alvin- Amanda
Steele- YES
nantana50

Postby ca_ta » Wed Mar 02, 2016 1:54 pm

G.I. Joel/Wangers