View topic - 2018 WinterTPL Discraft Season XII: Football

2018 WinterTPL Discraft Season XII: Football

Post all your league discussions here.

2018 WinterTPL Discraft Season XII: Football

Postby mjanssen » Thu Feb 01, 2018 11:31 am

Nobody made a new thread yet, so it's my time to shine.

Welcome to the new season everyone. Disclaimer: I am neither convenor, captain, nor big brother. I'm just a girl, who found herself at the BBS, without a thread to post to.

This season's theme is Football. A sport I neither enjoy, nor really understand. But apparently some of you do, so, huzzah!

This season marks also the new 'lottery' selection system for the gents, and a captain being so diluted or misinformed that he picked me first round. (Chronic Traumatic Encephalopathy much?)

In spite/celebration of this season and theme, here is an excerpt from the greatest movie to ever include football as, at least, it's tertiary theme:

"I found a rare stone at the bottom of Snowflake's tank. It belonged to a 1984 AFC Championship ring. It would have been a Super Bowl ring, but Ray Finkle missed the big kick. Blames the whole thing on Marino. We're talking mental institute escapee. I saw the guy's room. Cozy if you're Hannibal Lecter."
Last edited by mjanssen on Thu Feb 01, 2018 2:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
mjanssen

Player profile: View details

Re: 2018 WinterTPL Discraft Season XII: Football

Postby CathyW » Thu Feb 01, 2018 1:30 pm

Thanks for starting the thread :)

Can someone post the link to the stats sheet here(whenever it becomes available)?
CathyW

Postby Elasticlad » Thu Feb 01, 2018 2:13 pm

rudy...rudy...rudy...Rudy...Rudy...RUDY...RUDY...RUDY...RUDY!!! RUDY!!! RUDY!!!
Elasticlad

Postby master_storm » Thu Feb 01, 2018 6:06 pm

Week 1 Stats Post
Full stats leaderboard can be found here
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... 1962417217

Also, if you haven't done so, find the TPL facebook page and like it!

Male MVP
This week’s male MVP is Jeff Steele. This is his 1st MVP honors this year and 13th lifetime

3 Goals
7 Assists
2 2nd Assists
4 Ds
1 Throwaways
0 Receiver Error

Female MVP
This week's female MVP is Laura Archila. This is her 1st MVP honors this year and her 2nd lifetime.

6 Goals
1 Assists
1 2nd Assists
2 Ds
0 Throwaways
1 Receiver Error

Defensive players of the week
The male defensive player(s) of the week are Jeff Steele, Wilkie Lewis, Aaron Hooper, Nicolas Zuniga with 4 Ds
The female defensive player(s) of the week are Madeleine Channen with 4 Ds

Leaderboards

Goals
Tyler Curtis 10
Gareth Cawley 8
Natalie Fitzgerald 7

Goals - Female
Natalie Fitzgerald 7
Laura Archila 6
Meghan Janssen 5

Assists
BC Roedde 9
Remi Jr. Ojo 7
Jeff Steele 7

Assists - Female
Destin McQuillan 5
Lori Bristow 4
Emma Seaborn 4

2nd Assist
Emma Seaborn 5
Lori Bristow 4
Colin Thompson 4

2nd Assist - Female
Emma Seaborn 5
Lori Bristow 4
Rebecca Mesburis 3

Most Ds
Wilkie Lewis 4
Nicolas Zuniga 4
Madeleine Channen 4

Most Ds - Female
Madeleine Channen 4
Marisa Hart 2
Lindsay Earle 2

Throwaways
Marisa Hart 8
Nicolas Zuniga 7
Shawn Huynh 5

Top Salary
Jeff Steele 177500
Tyler Curtis 163000
Gareth Cawley 162000

Top Female Salary
Laura Archila 150000
Rebecca Mesburis 149000
Emma Seaborn 145000

Milestones

These people have reached the following lifetime milestones this week (and some catch up for last season)

100 Goals - Robert Jackson, Rebecca Chan, David Ip, Emma Seeborn, Destin Mcquillan, Eric Palmitesta, Shawn Huynh
250 Goals - Anthony Slater
500 Goals - Gareth Cawley

200 Assists - Carter Chin, Rajiv Seneviratne, Shawn Lee, Tim Kildaze, Neil Duchen, Matt Kishi
500 Assists - Greg Kramer, Emma Seeborn

50 Ds - Agatha Hodsman, Travis Dewolf, Neil Duchen, Colin Mattison, Jeff Chik
100 Ds - Mark Taylor, Rajiv Seneviratne, Tyler Curtis

100 Throwaways - Remi Jr. Ojo, Matt Kishi, Tom Jennings, Raoul Tanyan, Misiu Godfrey, Amanda Sheppard, Colin Mattison, Will Mercer
250 Throwaways Hin Tang, Chris Loat, Matt Denton, Emma Seeborn

$1,000,000 - Matt Kishi, David Ip, Travis Dewolf
$2,000,000 - Kieran Bol

20 Wins - Colin Mattison, James Ho, Larry Macdonald, Matt Kishi, Neil Duchen, Tyler Longo, Cathy Wong, Nat Fitzgerald, Robert Jackson
50 Wins Chris Wang, Kieran Bol, Genevive Daigle, Darrel Nantais, Emma Seeborn, Aaron Hooper, Carter Chin, Taunya Tremblay

Century Club (100G, 100A, 100 2A, 100D, 100TA) - Tyler Curtis
master_storm

2018 WinterTPL Discraft Season XII: CTE

Postby Wartank » Fri Feb 02, 2018 7:00 pm

We had a nice game on Wednesday, a fun team. The women touched the disc ever-so-slightly more than the men did. We wanted to play a good team game, support each other, be awesome to one another, and have fun. In the course of all those things we were competitive too, and ended up with a hard fought tie. It was a good day.

After the game, we discussed what we enjoyed about the game, and who we liked playing with. Carter was voted the "Most Fun Player" for his pintpoint hucks and loud sideline support. And the people were happy.

We had the team we wanted, on day one. We had parity, with a tie game. We were safe in terms of salary, sitting just barely under cap.

And The Big Brothers Said
(and i quote)
(not, like *words* quote but in terms of sentiment)

"What the hell do you think this is.

Look at you, on your geriatric tricycle - all streamers and padded cushions and reclining and sunshine. All comfortably set in your ways, collecting your pension, a pleasant smile on your face, ready to ride your training wheels into the sunset.

WAKE UP. THIS IS TPL.
TPL IS A HARLEY OF FIRE AND PAIN AND MISERY.
THERE WILL BE NO SUNSET."

Team CTE: Brains Matter trades Anita Benoit to Pratsville Spoilers for Crystal Sotelo.

(p.s. thanks Steele for helping me to get this done.)
(p.p.s. BBR was 'you must trade someone'.)
"Where are your dudes? Chicks like you always got dudes around." - Cochise
Wartank

Postby djc » Sat Feb 03, 2018 2:35 pm

any chance the "worksheet" can be made viewable again in the stats sheet?
djc

Postby jeffsteele » Tue Feb 06, 2018 9:33 am

TPL Power Rankings
These are not your typical power rankings, they are completely biased. Normally they take into account past performance as an indicator of the strength of a team, however in parity players change teams very often. This causes weird things to happen (note how most of the teams that won are near the bottom and vice versa) as these power rankings are an indication of the current strength of the team post-trading.
1. New Gregland Slatriots (0-1-0)
After the most lopsided loss in week 1 the Slatriots have used their plethora of cap space to snag two of the leagues top women. Adding both Emma Seaborn along with current top female Laura Archila to the fold you better hope you aren’t playing them this week. Adding TPL-veterans Colin Mattison and Kenny Ye also adds to their riches. Look for them to hand the Schwolphons their first loss of the season.
2. Green Bay Huckers (0-1-0)
After a tough high-scoring 1 point loss the Steelers in week 1 look for this team to bounce back in a big way. After their 5th round pick dropped out of the league and was replaced with Julian Weinrib who would have gone in the first two rounds their major acquisition was not through trading. With lots of height and huckers look for a high scoring game from them. Draws a tough matchup in what might be the game of the week against the Ar-Gos-Nauts.
3. Ar-Gos-Nauts (0-1-0)
Tight two point loss to DaRavens in week 1. Quiet week of trading for the Nauts only swapping Tim Fowler for Ben St. Louis giving a boost to their handler core. Gosbee was doing a happy dance when Remi Ojo fell into his lap with the 3rd overall pick in the draft. His draft strategy of getting all of the Natalies was foiled when Dunn went to the Kaityniners. Just like whenever Baron is on your team I give this team a 50/50 shot at winning this week against the Huckers. Hard to imagine one of these teams will be even better next week, I feel bad for whoever plays the loser of this game next week.
4. Team CTE: Brains Matter (0-0-1)
Will look to pick up their first win of the season this week after a tie last week against Jarry Greguire. A quiet trading week for CTE swapping TPL-lifers Anita Benoit and Crystal Sotelo with the Steelers. Getting co-GM Amanda Moore back this week should help this well-rounded team. Look for them to remain undefeated against the Kaityniners.
5. Jarry Greguire (0-0-1)
After a tie last week with Team CTE will look to their two big cutters in Destin McQuillan and Bryan Smith to get their first win. Losing Matt Kishi could hurt them though unless Shimon can come up big in his first game this season. Should be some good lady matchups in their game with DaRavens.
6. Marizona Hartinals (0-1-0)
Lost by 4 to the Raoulettes. Thankfully changed her name from something so terrible I can’t even reMarber what it was. GM Hart had an uncharacteristic week 1 with a whopping 8 throwaways and will look to be steadier with the disc in week 2. Add in the speedy Matt Kishi, and D-Queen Maddy Channen this team looks primed to pick up a big win. Also look for Old Man Lew to have a big week. They take on the Steelers this week.
7. Cheltimore DaRavens (1-0-0)
With a close 2 point win over the Ar-Gos-Nauts look for DaRavens to still be strong this week. Losing perennial assist leader Emma Seaborn will hurt however replacement Lindsay Earle is no slouch. TPL rookies Wilkie Lewis and David So look to power this team to their second straight win. My pick for upset of the week against Jarry Greguire.
8. Patsonville Pedalada Aguars (0-1-0)
Lost by 4 last week to the Miami Schwolphons. Look for this team to rebound with a win this week, as they added Tyler Longo after his solid first week, as well as Peter Hawkings and Melissa Morlidge. Also maybe Huang will actually decide to show up after someone was dumb enough to draft him in the first round. Also look for Nathaniel Faries and Lily Steponaitis to have a better week after a slow week 1. Should be a good matchup with the Raoulettes this week but look for the Aguars to pick up their first win.
9. Flicksburgh Steelers (1-0-0)
In the highest scoring game of the week the Steelers beat the Huckers 27-26. Having both week 1 MVP’s on the same team doesn’t hurt as both Jeff Steele and Laura Archila had big weeks. So much so that Archila was promptly traded to the Slatriots for Audrey Fu, while also exchanging handlers Shawn Huynh for Kieran Bol. Look for this team to take a step back this week and unless they can find a way to replace Archila’s 6 goals. May have a tough time against the speedy Hartinals this week.
10. Miami Schwolphons (1-0-0)
Handed Patsonville a loss in week 1. Must have thought they had an issue with height week 1 as they pick up Aaron Hooper and Gail Russel. Add in perennial top 5 goal scorer Marianne Perko, Chris Loat should have no problem finding someone to throw to. However they are going to have to come up big to topple the Slatriots this week.
11. Raoulettes de Montreal (1-0-0)
Winners by 4 over the Hartinals last week the Raoulettes also had a quiet week of trading only moving James Ho for Andy Lam. Raoul shocked the TPL world by taking THE Matt Denton with the first overall pick in the draft, were sure Raoul knew who Remi was right? Anyways even with that possible blunder Raoul looks poised to be in a tight match up this week against Patsonville, I mean that is the point of parity.
12. San Franscoober Kaityniners (1-0-0)
Week 1’s big winner the Kaityniners trounced the New Gregland Slatriots 27-18. As is the case with parity league usually following lopsided win comes a loss. The Kaityniners will have a tough road ahead of them as they traded away over half of her males. Hawkings, Fowler, Hooper and Mattison leave a large void that Margolis, Sone, Wangers and St. Louis will have to fill. Reuniting Max Power teammates Wangers and Golden Paycheque can’t hurt either. They draw a tough matchup this week with the winless and undefeated CTE.
jeffsteele

Postby HotSauce » Tue Feb 06, 2018 12:00 pm

"250 Throwaways Hin Tang, Chris Loat, Matt Denton, Emma Seaborn"

I am honoured to be in such esteemed company. I will do my best to keep up with them.
HotSauce

Postby dentonmatthew » Wed Feb 07, 2018 9:57 pm

HotSauce wrote:"250 Throwaways Hin Tang, Chris Loat, Matt Denton, Emma Seaborn"

I am honoured to be in such esteemed company. I will do my best to keep up with them.

Will do my best to help you add a few more tonight
dentonmatthew
TUC President

Postby dentonmatthew » Wed Feb 07, 2018 9:58 pm

HotSauce wrote:"250 Throwaways Hin Tang, Chris Loat, Matt Denton, Emma Seaborn"

Will do my best to help you add a few more tonight
dentonmatthew
TUC President

Postby master_storm » Thu Feb 08, 2018 10:44 am

Week 2 Stats Post
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... 1238198717

Male MVP
This week’s male MVP is Neil Duchen. This is his 1st MVP honors this year and 2nd lifetime

4 Goals
7 Assists
1 2nd Assists
2 Ds
1 Throwaways
0 Receiver Error

Female MVP
This week's female MVP is Marisa Hart. This is her 1st MVP honors this year and her 3rd lifetime.

4 Goals
2 Assists
4 2nd Assists
3 Ds
1 Throwaways
0 Receiver Error

The male defensive player(s) of the week are Greg McMullin with 5 Ds
The female defensive player(s) of the week are Marisa Hart, Lindsay Earle with 4 Ds

Leaderboards

Goals
Tyler Curtis 17
Gareth Cawley 12
Meghan Janssen 9

Goals - Female
Meghan Janssen 9
Laura Archila 9
Natalie Fitzgerald 7

Assists
BC Roedde 19
Jeff Steele 12
Chris Loat 11

Assists - Female
Destin McQuillan 9
Lori Bristow 7
Cathy Wong 7

2nd Assist
Rebecca Mesburis 6
Melissa Morlidge 6
Lori Bristow 6

2nd Assist - Female
Rebecca Mesburis 6
Melissa Morlidge 6
Lori Bristow 6

Most Ds
Greg McMullin 8
Mark Taylor 6
Jeff Steele 6

Most Ds - Female
Marisa Hart 5
Madeleine Channen 5
Lindsay Earle 5

Throwaways
Nicolas Zuniga 11
Natalie Wong 9
Marisa Hart 9

Top Salary
Jeff Steele 219500
Gareth Cawley 219500
BC Roedde 213000

Top Female Salary
Laura Archila 185500
Rebecca Mesburis 184500
Destin McQuillan 178000

Milestones

These people have reached the following lifetime milestones this week

100 Goals - Kenny Ye
250 Goals -
500 Goals -

200 Assists - Amanda Moore, Meghan Janssen
500 Assists -

50 Ds -
100 Ds -

100 Throwaways -
250 Throwaways

$1,000,000 -
$2,000,000 - Shawn Huynh

20 Wins -
50 Wins

Century Club (100G, 100A, 100 2A, 100D, 100TA) -
master_storm

Postby mjanssen » Thu Feb 08, 2018 10:50 am

"Fiction can be fun, but I find the reference section a little more enlightening. For instance, if you were to look up the NFL's "All Time Bonehead Plays," you might read about a Miami Dolphin kicker named Ray Finkle, who missed the 26 yard field goal in the closing seconds of Super Bowl XVII. What you wouldn't read about was how Ray Finkle lost his mind was committed to a mental hospital only to escape and join the police force under the assumed identity of a missing hiker manipulating his way to the top in a diabolical scheme to get even with Dan Marino for whom he blamed the entire thing!"
mjanssen

Postby mcolphon » Thu Feb 08, 2018 10:58 am

Looking for extra disc, cleats and jerseys

Hi TPL,

At the end of last season Darrel campaigned the league for used gear (disc, cleats, jerseys) to donate to emerging ultimate programs in East Africa. I'll be traveling with the collected gear at the end of next week - if you have any extra stuff that you'd like to donate please bring it to TPL next week (February 14) so that I can add it to the suitcase. I'll make sure I'm around for at least a portion of each game slot - look for a guy in brightly coloured tights.

Thank you for your generosity!
-Matt Colphon
mcolphon

Postby nduchen » Thu Feb 08, 2018 12:30 pm

Did anyone pick up a pair of black friction gloves lying around last night? I think I left them on the field/sideline after my 8pm game.

Matt that's great! I'll bring a pair of cleats next week in great condition that never quite fit me for you to take.

Thanks!
Neil
nduchen

Postby theprdg » Thu Feb 08, 2018 3:27 pm

Neil, black friction gloves are with me.

Also found is a fairly new 2017 TUC disc (Ian Bone design) with no name.

S
theprdg

TPL: Happy Dreams, Sad Reality

Postby Wartank » Fri Feb 09, 2018 1:25 am

[BBR for the week: You must trade 2 players with the team you just played against]

You build up a team, an identity, a common understanding and direction. You build up momentum for good ultimate, respect for your teammates, communication. You start to grow together.

-=YOU ARE HEREBY COMMANDED TO CEASE AND DESIST. SUCH BEHAVIOUR IS NOT ACCEPTABLE. IF YOU WANT TO PLAY A TEAM SPORT THERE IS TUG OF WAR. EUCHRE. TEAM CROCHET. IN PARITY WE THRIVE IN CHAOS. TEAMWORK IS AN ARTIFICE. THE CORE TRUTH IS SELFISHNESS =-

You draft an old highschool classmate. You've never played ultimate with him before. He's away for the first game, but you catch up briefly before the second. It's cool to see him after all these years, to share an hour playing the wonderful game you've learned to love, separately. It's a beautiful moment of both nostalgia and discovery.

-= THERE WILL BE NO CONNECTIONS EXCEPT AS WE SEE FIT. THE CONNECTION OF PASS AND GOAL. OF GMs AND UNEMPLOYMENT. OF OUR IRON FISTS CRUSHING YOUR FOOLHARDY DREAMS =-

You work on your game. You draft others who will do the same. You foster an environment of trust, a cycle of feedback, a trajectory of learning & collective improvement. You start to see real progress.

-= PROGRESS IS MEASURED IN THE SLOW CLIMB OF YOUR SALARY OVER THE SEASON. YOUR WORTH IS IN DOLLARS. NUMBERS. THE SUM TOTAL OF YOUR CONTRIBUTIONS IS MEASURED BY STATS ON A PER-GAME BASIS. IMPROVEMENT IS A MIRAGE. THERE IS NO PAST OR FUTURE. THERE IS ONLY THE AVERAGE OF ALL OF YOUR LIFE'S PRODUCTION =-

You establish a fun, camaraderie-building habit of rehashing the positive parts of each game after it happens -- in particular, who you had the most fun playing with - a person who inspired you, who incorporated you into the play, who made you feel joy, valued, and like a team. This week that person was Heather Gilmour, a bright light of positivity and a solid game of facilitating flow. We could not promise that we would not trade her, so she took home with her only the proud thought that she was recognized. Not for Gs and As, but for heart.

-= FIRE DEATH DISEASE NAILS ON CHALKBOARD SLOW DRIVERS IN THE FAST LANE CALAMITY STOMACH ACHES PEOPLE WHO PICK THEIR NOSES AND FLICK THEIR DRIED SNOT ON THE SUBWAY DRUMPF BATTLEFIELD EARTH WHINING SPICY ICE CREAM A BAG OF GROCERIES BURSTING ONTO THE STREET THE BITTER UNRELENTING COLD OF THE TORONTO WINTER PAIN NIGHTMARES DURIAN RETCHING TEARGAS POISON =-

It is with a heavy heart that Team CTE: Brains Matter trades -
Amanda Sheppard to Joel for Alyne Azucena
Victor Rehorst, Heather Gilmour, Wild Card #6 to Kaity for Jacob Sone, Elena Wang, Wildcard #3
"Where are your dudes? Chicks like you always got dudes around." - Cochise
Wartank

Postby c5ho » Sun Feb 11, 2018 4:02 pm

As always, great post Warren!

P.S. I'm glad I'm still on the team...for now.
c5ho

Postby JonB » Wed Feb 14, 2018 6:12 pm

Looking forward to adding to the concussion list of Team CTE tonight. Is that how you get on that team?
When the DaRavens come to town, Warmanda and their 'super friends' won't know what hit them.
"Disc through the heart, and you're to blame"
Jon "Bon Jovi" Brandt
JonB
TUC Board of Directors

Postby master_storm » Thu Feb 15, 2018 11:34 am

Week 3 Stats Post

Male MVP
This week’s male MVP is Bryan Smith. This is his 1st MVP honors this year and 1st lifetime

1 Goals
8 Assists
0 2nd Assists
4 Ds
0 Throwaways
0 Receiver Error

Female MVP
This week's female MVP is Lily Steponaitis. This is her 1st MVP honors this year and her 4th lifetime.

6 Goals
4 Assists
4 2nd Assists
1 Ds
2 Throwaways
0 Receiver Error

The male defensive player(s) of the week are Bryan Smith, Benjamin St.Louis, Benjamin Goodman with 4 Ds
The female defensive player(s) of the week are Cathy Wong with 3 Ds

Leaderboards

Goals
Tyler Curtis 22
Gareth Cawley 18
Laura Archila 13

Goals - Female
Laura Archila 13
Meghan Janssen 11
Natalie Fitzgerald 10

Assists
BC Roedde 23
Benjamin St.Louis 16
Jeff Steele 15

Assists - Female
Lori Bristow 13
Rebecca Mesburis 9
Lily Steponaitis 9

2nd Assist
Agatha Hodsman 10
Rick St Jean 9
Lily Steponaitis 9

2nd Assist - Female
Agatha Hodsman 10
Lily Steponaitis 9
Natalie Wong 8

Most Ds
Benjamin St.Louis 9
Greg McMullin 8
Warren Tang 7

Most Ds - Female
Madeleine Channen 6
Lindsay Earle 6
Marisa Hart 5

Throwaways
Nicolas Zuniga 15
Meghan Janssen 14
Benjamin Goodman 12

Top Salary
Gareth Cawley 277000
Jeff Steele 257500
BC Roedde 256500

Top Female Salary
Laura Archila 223000
Rebecca Mesburis 213000
Lily Steponaitis 211000

Milestones

100 Goals - Gail Russel
250 Goals -
500 Goals -

200 Assists -
500 Assists -

50 Ds -
100 Ds - Kieran Bol

100 Throwaways - Kaity Williams
250 Throwaways

$1,000,000 - Crystal Sotelo, Nick Hung
$2,000,000 - Remi Jr. Ojo, Andrew Gosbee

20 Wins -
50 Wins

Century Club (100G, 100A, 100 2A, 100D, 100TA) - Kieran Bol
master_storm

Postby HotSauce » Thu Feb 15, 2018 11:45 am

master_storm wrote:The male defensive player(s) of the week are Bryan Smith, Benjamin St.Louis, Benjamin Goodman with 4 Ds

It's all about the Benjamins...
HotSauce

Postby mjanssen » Thu Feb 15, 2018 4:30 pm

"I don't give a good goddamn about that fish. Fillet it and fast food it if'ya want'to. All I give a damn about's winning the Super Bowl. My athletes have got to have their heads in the right place. sh%t, Roger, you been in this business a long time. You know how superstitious these players are. I've got a quarterback who puts his socks on backwards. Has since high school. I've got a line backer who has not washed his jockey strap in two years because he thinks flies are lucky."
mjanssen

Postby MaxPower » Mon Feb 19, 2018 1:43 am

“Parity is not attainable. But if we chase Parity, we can catch excellence.”
- Vince Loatbardi
I got my name off a hair dryer.
MaxPower

Postby jeffsteele » Tue Feb 20, 2018 6:13 pm

TPL Power Rankings
After a one week hiatus the Power Rankings are back. Once again they represent the current strength of the team.
1. New Gregland Slatriots (1-2-0)
The Slatriots have a solid roster with the two most veteran handlers of each gender Chris Loat and Emma Seaborn. Add on GM’s Slater and Kramer and this team should be quite formidable despite last weeks’ setback against Greguire. Look for this team to get back in the win column with a lopsided win against the Raoulettes unless the Loating comes out.
2. ChicaGos-Beers’ (0-3-0)
The only team still searching for their first win after back to back losses to the Huckers and the Steelers. Busy this week upgrading Gosbee made three trades, most notably uniting Remi Ojo and Lindsay Earle so the “Love Connection” heckles can come out. Look for all of the love to lead to their first win over the Hartinals this week.
3. Team CTE: Brains Matter (1-1-1)
Picked up their first win of the season last week against DaRavens. Early season candidate for Rookie of the Year Christian Parsons looks to keep this team on its winning ways. Only made one move this week swapping Max vdW for JUB. May have a tough time matching up with the Schwolphons strong ladies this week.
4. Miami Schwolphons (2-1-0)
Lost to the Slatriots in week 2 before beating the Hartinals by one last week. Having two of the best female goal scorers on the same team could prove deadly, but is there enough room in the endzone for both of them? Should be a good game against CTE this week.
5. Flicksburgh Steelers (2-1-0)
Lost to the Hartinals in week 2 but bounced back with a win against the Gos-Beers last week. Swapped out two ladies this week adding Diane Pendlebury and Claire Midgley. Can Janet Wan repeat her 6 goal performance from last week? The Steelers will try to move to 3-1 against the Aguars this week.
6. Marizona Hartinals (1-2-0)
After picking up a win against the Steelers in week 2, in typical parity fashion followed it up with a loss last week to the Schwolphons. Had a good week of trading after bailing Raoul out of his cap woes sending Kevin Christensen for YCT. Drawing a tough matchup this week against the winless Gos-Beers my pick for Game of the Week.
7. Green Bay Huckers (1-2-0)
After a win against the Gos-Beer’s, they followed it up with tight one point loss to the Raoulettes. The BC to Ty connection is in fine form early in the season, Lori Bristow also had a nice 8 total assist week last week. Making only one minor move this week swapping Claire Midgley to the Steelers for Puja Ahluwalia. Have a tough matchup with DaRavens this week.
8. Patsonville Pedalada Aguars (2-1-0)
After picking up back-to-back wins against the Raoulettes and the Kaityniners the Aguars made 3 small moves to get under cap. Faries has had a quiet start to the season and will need to have a solid week as the Aguars take on the Steelers this week. With both teams coming off wins it should be a good battle if Huang doesn’t throw it away all game.
9. San Franscoober Kaityniners (2-1-0)
After picking up back-to-back wins to start the season the Kaityniners fell back down to earth losing to the Hartinals in week 3. Made a couple deals this week including sending Christine Cashin to the Aguars for Edna Cofles. Look for them to hand Greguire their first loss of the season.
10. Cheltimore DaRavens (1-2-0)
Two straight losses should leave DaRavens in position to pick up a win this week. They are going to need a huge defensive week from Wilkie Lewis to shut down the big hucks from well… the Huckers. With both teams coming off losses last week this should be an interesting matchup.
11. Jarry Greguire (2-0-1)
Picked up a surprising win against the Slatriots last week. The only remaining undefeated team in TPL which means this team is in-line for a loss this week. Losing TPL Bicycle contender Lindsay Earle should be enough for the Kaityniners to come out on top in their game this week.
12. Raoulettes de Montreal (2-1-0)
Lost to the Aguars in week 2 before picking up a slim one point win over the Huckers in week 3. Was stuck over cap this week and had to agree to trade he didn’t love. Look for them to take a step back this week. Should be tough sledding against top ranked Slatriots this week.
jeffsteele

Postby nfaries » Thu Feb 22, 2018 10:54 am

jeffsteele wrote:8. Patsonville Pedalada Aguars (2-1-0)
Faries has had a quiet start to the season and will need to have a solid week as the Aguars take on the Steelers this week.

Ask and ye shall receive.
nfaries

Postby master_storm » Thu Feb 22, 2018 6:11 pm

Week 4 Stats Post

Male MVP
This week’s male MVP is Jeff Steele. This is his 2nd MVP honors this year and 14th lifetime

8 Goals
5 Assists
3 2nd Assists
4 Ds
1 Throwaways
0 Receiver Error

Female MVP
This week's female MVP is Destin McQuillan. This is her 1st MVP honors this year and her 12th lifetime.

9 Goals
2 Assists
1 2nd Assists
2 Ds
0 Throwaways
0 Receiver Error

The male defensive player(s) of the week are Bryan Smith with 7 Ds
The female defensive player(s) of the week are Helen Liao with 3 Ds

Leaderboards

Goals
Tyler Curtis 25
Jeff Steele 21
Gareth Cawley 20

Goals - Female
Meghan Janssen 15
Destin McQuillan 14
Laura Archila 13

Assists
BC Roedde 29
Jeff Steele 20
Gareth Cawley 19

Assists - Female
Lori Bristow 15
Rebecca Mesburis 13
Destin McQuillan 11

2nd Assist
Rick St Jean 12
Emma Seaborn 12
Agatha Hodsman 11

2nd Assist - Female
Emma Seaborn 12
Agatha Hodsman 11
Natalie Wong 10

Most Ds
Bryan Smith 14
Jeff Steele 10
Max van der Weerd 9

Most Ds - Female
Madeleine Channen 7
Marisa Hart 6
Lindsay Earle 6

Throwaways
Nicolas Zuniga 20
Remi Jr. Ojo 16
Natalie Wong 15

Top Salary
Jeff Steele 348000
Bryan Smith 336500
Gareth Cawley 318000

Top Female Salary
Rebecca Mesburis 254500
Destin McQuillan 251000
Laura Archila 223000

Milestones

100 Goals -
250 Goals -
500 Goals -

200 Assists -
500 Assists -

50 Ds - Chris Faulkner
100 Ds -

100 Throwaways - Nick Hung
250 Throwaways

$1,000,000 -
$2,000,000 -

20 Wins - Megan Mcnally
50 Wins

Century Club (100G, 100A, 100 2A, 100D, 100TA)
master_storm

Return to Talk TUC League