View topic - Indoor - Two passes after a point?

Indoor - Two passes after a point?

Clarify Ultimate Rules and post other useful Ultimate related stuff!

Indoor - Two passes after a point?

Postby harrisdg » Fri Feb 08, 2008 12:08 pm

A situation came up in a recent indoor game where one team was able to score on the first throw after having been scored on. I remembered reading that some leagues have a rule for indoor that states: "Minimum two passes required to score a point after a score." TUC doesn't state this in any of the indoor rule amendments. I'm guessing that TUC doesn't enforce this rule, but should they?

Thoughts?
harrisdg

Postby GregS » Fri Feb 08, 2008 12:24 pm

It's less common at Varsity I guess, but at the Hangar and BMO, I see these all the time (as in, there are often several in a single game). As one of the people that likes to make those throws, I have to say that I would hate that rule.
Did you get that thing I sent you?
GregS
TUC Webmaster

Postby -JR- » Fri Feb 08, 2008 12:30 pm

There is no such rule in TUC indoor and this play will continue to be allowed in TUC indoor.
-JR-

Postby ethan_m » Sat Feb 09, 2008 12:05 pm

I think we should go the other way . . . Wouldn't it be great is TUC developed it's own "North Bay" two-pointer where end-to-end hucks could count for double? Nay, triple! The only stipulations should be the throw must be with the non-dominant hand and the catch must be behind-the-back.

This could be the greatest rule enhancement since TCSSC's no throw for point beyond half!
When a ball sleeps
It dreams it's a frisbee
ethan_m

Postby GwaiLo » Wed Mar 19, 2008 8:45 am

ethan_m wrote:....

This could be the greatest rule enhancement since TCSSC's no throw for point beyond half!

TCSSC doesn't have the "half rule", it's NSP that does. And it's the dumbest rule ever. Except in a Rec division....I can understand it there as teams really should learn that ultimate is more than just hucking and catching.

EDIT - just realized that by cutting the first part out of your quote, it loses the sarcasm. So I wanted to mention that I know you were kidding. I just wanted to comment on it further to mention that it's not actually TCSSC with that rule, and that I agree with you on its suckage.
GwaiLo

Return to Ultimate Rules and Tools