View topic - Layout Grab in the Endzone

Layout Grab in the Endzone

Clarify Ultimate Rules and post other useful Ultimate related stuff!

Layout Grab in the Endzone

Postby richard-mills » Thu Jun 05, 2008 12:07 pm

In my game last night, a player laid out grabbing a disc on the endzone line. As it was a layout, it was almost impossible to establish what his exact point(s) of contact were. In my opinion his waist was on the line with most of his body on the ground when he caught it; he then proceeded to slide in.

I called the play not in, and it was excepted. But there was dispute on the call later (only a spirit dispute at this point). Opinions?
richard-mills

Postby GwaiLo » Thu Jun 05, 2008 12:31 pm

On the line is considered out. It goes to the player with the best perspective to make the call though. If you can't come to a decision, I would just take it back to the handler personally.

But I've wondered about this one as well. We had a similar play happen on Tuesday, but since we were getting smoked anyway, we didn't bother disputing it. It was a knee-slide out of the end-zone. Without instant video-replay, you'll never know for sure :p
GwaiLo

Postby Peeters » Fri Jun 06, 2008 11:09 am

Obviously, you'd have to see the play, but it sounds like it was the right call. Your first point of contact has to be totally in the endzone. Since the catch was never in dispute, it wouldn't go back to the thrower.
Peeters

Return to Ultimate Rules and Tools