View topic - Game Rained out

Game Rained out

Clarify Ultimate Rules and post other useful Ultimate related stuff!

Game Rained out

Postby Dicki » Mon Jun 16, 2008 10:38 am

Hey everyone, I was just wondering what the official UPA ruling of a game being rained out is!? I tried looking in the 11th edition online, but could not find anything...perhaps I missed it.

Does anyone know the ruling on a rain-out?

My situation, game starts and we go up 3-0. Lightning then hits and rain starts to fall. The other team decides to call the game, and I agree due to visible lightning and the other team having kids on the side line.

If anyone could help me with the rule that would be wild!

Dicki "eat, sleep, layout" LeRoy
Dicki

Postby march » Mon Jun 16, 2008 12:24 pm

I think Giles hit new topic instead of reply. His response can be found here:
http://www.tuc.org/index.php?name=PNphp ... pic&t=8297
march

Postby Richard K » Mon Jun 16, 2008 1:27 pm

This is and should be a league/tournament rule, which is why it's not in UPA edition 11.

For tournaments, ask your Tournament Director. (They might use UPA guidelines that Giles mentioned, or something else, depending on the tournament.)

For TUC league, the Bad Weather Policy (http://www.tuc.org/Policies/Bad-Weather) applies. Make sure your captain is familiar with it, and note the weather hotline at 416-426-7432. This policy mentions the Default and Game Cancellation Policy (http://www.tuc.org/Policies/Default-and-Game-Cancellation), which includes the following clause:

If a game is interrupted (e.g. by bad weather or a serious injury) and cannot continue that day, then the current score becomes final, unless both captains agree to complete the game at another time.

If you or your captain have any questions about this policy, contact the TUC office or your league convenor.
(Where did I find all this? At the top of this page, under "About TUC" > "Policies".)
Richard K

Postby Dicki » Wed Jun 18, 2008 9:48 pm

So in my situation, the game is just cancelled? 3-0 ends up in a non-decision? I don't mind that, I'm just looking for an official ruling on it..

Thanks for all your input!

Dicki "rain rain go away, come back.. when we are not playing ultimate" LeRoy
Dicki

Postby Peeters » Wed Jun 18, 2008 11:02 pm

I think Richard K's quote of the TUC policy lays it out pretty well. Unless you guys agree to make up the game another time, it's a 3-0 win for you.

If this was in another league, you'll have to check on their policy, of course. You still playing out in Durham, Dicki? :)
Peeters

Postby Dicki » Tue Jun 24, 2008 10:49 pm

Hey Peeters! The league has declaired that any games played in bad weather are "practice" games, and are taken off the schedule and do not count in the standings. Yeah I'm still playing in Durham. If I could talk my teams into playing in another league, I'd like that. I live in Aurora now. How are things on your end? Who are you touring with?
Dicki

Return to Ultimate Rules and Tools