View topic - Female Rolemodels Needed

Female Rolemodels Needed

Sharing the Knowledge!

Moderator: ethan_m

Female Rolemodels Needed

Postby nyxll » Wed Nov 05, 2014 8:30 pm

Hey gang,

I have been coaching juveniles and juniors for over a year and a half, and I am trying to find some top level women to display elite play. In mixed girls win games, and I am in an area where women are solid but aren't as game controlling as they are in Toronto. I would like to help our kids raise the bar as far as what girls can do, and should contribute. I feel they should be more than dump resets and seoncdary cutters.

I am burned out trying to get help and I was wondering if anyone had ideas on how I can get the girls to see how the "pro" women play, and possibly get some mentoring time for them.

I am trying my best to focus on encouragement, and develop the killer instinct that I see in caps/union females, but wonder how I can be more effective for their sakes. We do have a number of consistent adults who encourage and build. I do not want to minimize their contributions, I just want to learn how to help them get to the next level.
nyxll

Re: Female Rolemodels Needed

Postby tracyd » Fri Jan 02, 2015 2:47 am

Hey Rick,

Just seeing your post now... did you get any responses? It's something I can take to the Women's Issues Committee meeting for ideas if you like. Let me know.

Tracy
tracyd

Re: Female Rolemodels Needed

Postby nyxll » Sat Feb 21, 2015 12:02 am

Hi Tracy,

I am sorry that I forgot to check the boards. I just cannot get into this new layout, so I avoid the site.

Emma has been an incredible resource, and Amanda Moore has pitched in when she can as well. It is really something that does need more attention.

More ideas would definitely help.

Rick
nyxll

Return to Clinics and Player Development