View topic - TUC Clinic: Spring Tune-Up (Saturday April 30th)

TUC Clinic: Spring Tune-Up (Saturday April 30th)

Sharing the Knowledge!

Moderator: ethan_m

TUC Clinic: Spring Tune-Up (Saturday April 30th)

Postby danny » Fri Mar 04, 2005 12:58 pm

Hi all,
I know this is ways away but I wanted to give everyone a heads up on the next TUC clinic. As everyone knows, these clinics fill up fast, so register soon to get a spot.

Here are the details:
---------------------

TUC Spring Tune-Up (Saturday April 30th)

Clinic Cost: $5 for TUC members, $10 for everyone else

Limited Spots for the Clinics:
30 men, 30 women for each Level
[Level 1: Beginners/Novice] [Level 2: Intermediate/Competitive]

Clinic Schedule:

4:00 pm to 6:00 pm- Skills and Drills Clinic (Hanger)

6:00pm to 9:00pm- Training Videos and In-Class session (Free, everyone welcome)
(Delphi's Bar - 1060 Wilson Ave)
--------------------------------------------------------------
To Register Now [ Click Here ]
--------------------------------------------------------------
Last edited by danny on Mon Jun 06, 2005 6:09 pm, edited 3 times in total.
danny

Post Clinic

Postby mpezzack » Thu Mar 10, 2005 12:29 pm

6:00pm to 9:00pm- Training Videos and In-Class session will take place after on-field clinic @ Delphi's Bar - 1060 Wilson Ave. which is in the large mall on the north east corner of Keele and Wilson a few doors east of the Dominion and Pizza Pizza. Black and Red sign -- can't miss it. Will have cheap food available and bar is fully stocked.
mpezzack

Re: Post Clinic

Postby beachbum » Thu Mar 10, 2005 12:32 pm

mpezzack wrote:bar is fully stocked.
Slightly erroneous. Unless the bartender's been able to procure Guinness at that point.
beachbum

Postby danny » Thu Mar 24, 2005 12:53 am

I know it's still a month away, but just wanted to let everyone know that the clinic is now 50% full. I always get emails last minute, after we are at capacity, saying "can you squeeze me in", so please don't delay on registration.

Also, if you know of anyone that can use a little tune-up with their ultimate, or you have a team that needs to take it up a notch in league this season, make sure you tell them to sign up for this clinic.

I am once again bringing in some of the top, elite touring players in the city to coach, so you won't want to miss this one.

In addition to the 2 hour on-field session, I am including a 3 hour in-class session with video presentation and various guest speakers to talk about team strategies, nutrition, injury prevention, and ultimate specific fitness training.

The clinic will also be divided into beginner/novice players and intermediate/competitive players.

I am confident that is will be best clinic yet and to properly end my last indoor spring clinic series.

See you all soon.

P.S. Yes, everyone is welcome to come to the FREE in-class session even if you are not registered for the clinic.
danny

Postby danny » Wed Apr 06, 2005 10:27 am

Like I warned last month.....these clinics fill up fast....

The clinic is now FULL

If you are still interested in the clinic on April 30th, do still register to be put on the waiting list and I will try and arrange something...no promises though.

Also, everyone is still welcome to come to the FREE "in-class" session at the Bar (Delphi's) from 6-9pm

Click here to be put on the waiting list:
Register for Waiting List
danny

Postby danny » Fri Apr 22, 2005 11:31 am

Great news!

Because of the high demand, we now have more room for players.

If you are interested in attending the clinic, please register soon.

Click here to Register:
Register for the Clinic
danny

Postby danny » Mon Apr 25, 2005 10:56 am

Hi everyone,
Just wanted to give you an update on what is happening for next week’s clinic on Saturday April 30th.

We will be starting right at 4pm so if you can get there for 3:30pm, sign-in and pay your registration fee, we can get all the admin stuff out of the way. Look for me, I’ll be the filipino guy with a red baseball cap on.

We do have 2 indoor fields booked so I will be splitting the clinic into novice and advance groups, focusing on level specific skills and drills.

Make sure you bring a white and dark shirt for a scrimmage at the end of the session.

After the on field clinic, we will be offering an in-class seminar from 6pm to 9pm at Delphi’s bar (downstairs area). We have people coming in to do a presentation on ultimate specific team strategies, drills, off and on season training, nutrition, overview on ultimate tournaments and most importantly, injury prevention. This in-class seminar will be FREE and open to everyone so make sure you take advantage and come out.

Finally, we now have a few more spots available for the clinic so if you know of anyone that wants to come, please let them know to register ASAP:
http://www.clubultimate.ca/register/

See you soon.
danny

Postby danny » Thu Apr 28, 2005 6:19 pm

Hi everyone,
I am soooo PUMPED!!!
We have some amazing coaches and speakers for this weekend and I am confident that this will be our best clinic yet.

Here are the speakers for our in-class sessions:

1. Rob Camp and Graham Fletcher- Team strategies, drills, plays..etc. (advanced)

2. Greg Lang- skills, individual tactics and technique (advance and novice)

3. Dr. Tracy Kish- injury prevention

4. Julie Kramer, Barb Elliot, Cynthia Dell- ultimate fitness training (all levels)

Location: Delphi's Bar (north/east corner of Keele and Wilson beside the Dominions)

Time: This Saturday at 6pm to 9pm

Cost: FREE

See you all on sat.
Last edited by danny on Sun May 01, 2005 4:33 pm, edited 2 times in total.
danny

Postby GregS » Sun May 01, 2005 12:52 pm

Thanks again to all of the coaches and speakers at yesterday's clinic, and to Danny for organizing things. I know I learned a lot that will help me both as a player and as captain of a C team. Looking forward to putting it into use on the field!
GregS
TUC Webmaster

Return to Clinics and Player Development