View topic - Anymore clinics before the summer season starts?

Anymore clinics before the summer season starts?

Sharing the Knowledge!

Moderator: ethan_m

Anymore clinics before the summer season starts?

Postby kaniz » Mon Apr 27, 2009 7:45 am

I'm a total newbie to Ultimate. The Clinic this past weekend was my first time playing the game or learning about it, and just wondering if there are any more planned for before the season starts? Wouldn't mind getting some practice in before I start playing games.
kaniz

Postby discjockey » Mon Apr 27, 2009 12:05 pm

Hi there,

Unfortunately, we don't have any further beginner clinics planned prior to the start of the summer season. If you want to get some practice time in, you might want to post on the BBS and find out if there are others living in your area that want to get out and throw with you. Nothing beats just getting out and tossin'.

Ian Lee
Clinics Chair
discjockey

Postby c5ho » Mon Apr 27, 2009 1:25 pm

I would also recommend check the forum frequently, especially on weekends when people are looking to get some pickup going. In there past, there was regular pickup on Sundays (?) at Riverdale. I'm not sure if that has started yet though, or if it will happen this year.
c5ho

Postby kaniz » Mon Apr 27, 2009 1:34 pm

Thanks for the info, I'll be sure to keep my eye open for pickups @ Riverdale, I'm about a 10min bike ride away from there so really easy to get down there.
kaniz

Postby discjockey » Mon Apr 27, 2009 1:36 pm

If you're on FB, this group is still active... http://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/group.php?gid=2279205436&ref=nf
discjockey

Postby c5ho » Mon Apr 27, 2009 1:39 pm

This isn't TUC-affiliated but the Toronto IBM Club also runs clinics at the beginning of their season. I think in the past, they have gotten some TUC players to run their clinics and I went to these last year. I believe they are free too, so thats a bonus. Check this out:

http://www.ticweb.com/ultimate/league/s ... linics.php
c5ho

Return to Clinics and Player Development