View topic - Catering/Chef-for-Hire/Cooking Classes

Catering/Chef-for-Hire/Cooking Classes

What Do TUC People Do All Day...

Catering/Chef-for-Hire/Cooking Classes

Postby will mercer » Thu Sep 09, 2004 4:25 pm

Despite spending 4 years learing the intricacies of International Finance in School, I decided that I had allocate some time to my true passion: food.

I provide catering and chef-for-hire services for various size functions, generally ranging from a minimum of 6 people, to a maximum of 30. (Smaller functions are available, but the cost per head increases substantially).

The style of food is an eclectic mix, but can be loosely described as French-Asian fusion. (See sample menu below). I am happy to accomodate all palates and allergies.

To plan a menu, I talk to the client to explore their likes/dislikes, as well as those of their guests. I then put together a couple of sample menus for the client to either select in entirety, or to mix-and-match between.

I would be more than happy to provide a discount to TUC members, (or their referrals), increasing proporionately with the size of the function.

I plan to start some relatively informal cooking classes later this fall, as soon as I can find an appropriate teaching space. I would also like to develop a website to post pictures, and eventually a price list etc. I will post more info on this as it becomes available.

You can PM me, email me at will_mercerAThotmail.com, or call me at 647 221 4265.

Sample Menu
Roma Gazpacho with Grilled Tomato ?Boats?
or
Carrot and Ginger Soup with Fresh Horseradish and Sour Cream Drizzle

Tapas Platter of:
Gratin?ed N.Z. Mussels with Sweet Capsicum and Parmesan
Duck Liver P?t? with Corn and Habanera Salsa
Grilled Polenta with Sour Cream and Scallions
or
Assorted Sashimi and Maki Sushi Platter

Sour Plum with Honey and Mango with Basil Granit?es

Wild Rice and Mushroom Stuffed Double Saddle of Roast Lamb with Wasabi-infused Salt-crust Grilled Potatoes and Seasonal Vegetables
or
Mustard-Dill Poached Wild Atlantic Salmon with Saffron Rice, Baby Asparagus, and Cherry Tomato Confit

Green Tea Cr?me Brul?e
or
White and Dark Chocolate Cheesecake with Raspberry Coulis
will mercer

Return to TUC Networking Forum