View topic - Zuluru

Zuluru

Announcements, complaints and other discussion about all aspects of our website.

Zuluru

Postby GregS » Thu Aug 05, 2010 2:54 am

I've finally finished enough of the Leaguerunner replacement to start using it on a day-to-day basis. It's called Zuluru, and I hope you like it! There are a few features that are currently MIA (you'll get a "Coming soon" page), but these are of the lesser used variety.

I'm sure it's not perfect; in fact I've already had one bug report. There's a handy link right at the bottom of every page that will help you send me an email. Please leave in the information it adds, and tell me anything else that you think may be useful in reproducing and fixing it. I don't need to hear about the "Coming soon" pages (I know where they are!) but if you hit "Page not found", that is something to report.

Not quite ready for new feature requests just yet, there's old features that need to be completed first. I do expect to be asking for those in the fall though, so keep track of your ideas (or send them, and I'll just ignore them for a bit...) If you just think extra links should be added in certain places, let me know now, as that's easy to do.

Big thanks to Jason for letting me take on this project, and to the testers that found a number of bugs during the past couple of weeks.
Did you get that thing I sent you?
GregS
TUC Webmaster

Postby GregS » Thu Aug 05, 2010 12:07 pm

For anyone that's not sure, bug reports can be emailed to webmaster@tuc.org.

I also should have mentioned that ALL URLs have changed in the new system, so you should update your bookmarks. Redirects have been added for a number of common pages, but these might disappear at any time, so you shouldn't count on them for the long term.
GregS
TUC Webmaster

Postby jackiejohnstone » Mon Aug 09, 2010 9:52 pm

This may still be in the works with the changeover but will we be able to have access to the ratings table for each game in the new system? I really like being able to see it ahead of match-ups so if it's not on the list, here's a vote for adding it back in & if it's in the works - great!

I really like what I've seen so far with the new leagueunner - nice job, Greg!
jackiejohnstone

Postby GregS » Mon Aug 09, 2010 11:21 pm

Yes, that's on the todo list, but there's a few things on the administrative side that need to come first.
GregS
TUC Webmaster

Return to TUC Website