View topic - Iconic links

Iconic links

Announcements, complaints and other discussion about all aspects of our website.

Iconic links

Postby GregS » Mon Apr 25, 2011 4:43 pm

I've uploaded a change that replaces a bunch of text links (e.g. schedule, standings, edit, etc.) with icons that are hopefully meaningful. You can always hover your mouse over the link to see a description of what it's supposed to do.

There's a minimum size below which icons like these become too small to distinguish, so I've increased the font size throughout Zuluru to keep the text and images proportionate. Icons are typically narrower than the words they're replacing, plus the Zuluru menu has been moved into the left column; these two changes offset the larger font by make content narrower, meaning that cells in dense tables like schedules and standings are less likely to wrap onto a second line, so the overall size of a page (and hence the scrolling required to view it) should be similar to what it has been, but hopefully easier to read.

Graphics, particularly icon design, isn't my strongest suit, so if you have suggestions for improvements, or want to design a whole new set, drop me a line.
Did you get that thing I sent you?
GregS
TUC Webmaster

Return to TUC Website