View topic - game notes?

game notes?

Announcements, complaints and other discussion about all aspects of our website.

game notes?

Postby Wartank » Fri Jan 20, 2012 1:27 pm

Greg -- first of all -- fantastic work with the zuluru system. it's super slick and so very easy to use i feel like the website is patronizing me sometimes.

a thought i had -- what if we could somehow add notes to our games (or newly minted events)? I can't speak for other captains, but it'd be useful if i could look at my game schedule and drop in a couple of notes.

for example, i could keep track of things like:
    - what we did well
    - what we need to work on
    - new things we tried to learn or new strategies we tried to implement
    - game/team MVP
    - what i ate pre-game and my resulting performance

also, in combination with the 'event' ability that you've just added in, i'm thinking that touring teams could use it to plan attendance to practice, and then map out rough details on what is happening during those practices (this would have be spec'ed out a lot more, i think.. just brainstorming).

-w
Last edited by Wartank on Fri Jan 20, 2012 6:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"I do not like swimming. It is too much like . . . bathing." - Worf
Wartank

Postby GregS » Fri Jan 20, 2012 1:56 pm

Thanks for the comments! The early marketing tagline is "It's almost too easy."... This may be the first year that I haven't received an email along the lines of "This is the worst web site I've ever had to deal with" during registration season, which either means that it's getting easier to use, or Jason and Ian have stopped forwarding those emails to me.

The new team events functionality already includes a description field, where you can put whatever you want. This should be useful for almost everyone creating events, but was done especially with touring team practice plans in mind.

Being able to add notes on players is already on the todo list, and it makes sense to extend that to games as well as teams, fields, maybe even leagues. The tricky part is how those comments can be shared; for example, you would want to be able to keep game comments to yourself or share them with the rest of your team, but not your opponents. That's not too hard, but it does get more complicated in other cases, and I'd like to find a one-size-fits-all solution that handles them all in a single blow. It starts to turn into something a tiny bit like Facebook at that point, and we all know about the privacy problems Facebook has had...
Did you get that thing I sent you?
GregS
TUC Webmaster

Postby GwaiLo » Fri Jan 20, 2012 3:09 pm

If it's not too much work, I'd really be interested in having access to the part where we can see what Warren ate pre-game.
GwaiLo

Postby GregS » Fri Feb 24, 2012 4:36 pm

Game notes now in place. Details are here.
Did you get that thing I sent you?
GregS
TUC Webmaster

Return to TUC Website