View topic - Duplicate team names now allowed!

Duplicate team names now allowed!

Announcements, complaints and other discussion about all aspects of our website.

Duplicate team names now allowed!

Postby GregS » Sat Jan 12, 2008 9:54 pm

At long last, I have completed the changes to Leaguerunner to allow multiple teams to have the same name. There is still a restriction that two teams playing on the same night (regardless of tier) cannot have the same name; this is intentional, to eliminate confusion of players and administrators. However, you can now have the same team name on different nights.

If you are a captain and want to change your team name, go to Leaguerunner, click on the team you want to change, and then click the "edit team" link in the menu. If you want to change the name of a historical team, send me the old team name (copy and paste, please) and the new one, and I'll take care of it.

Also note that when you are registering new teams, the name must be unique in the Inactive teams list; this means that you might need to register your team with a temporary name, and then change it once your team has been moved into the appropriate night.

Please let me know if you run into any issues with this.
Did you get that thing I sent you?
GregS
TUC Webmaster

Return to TUC Website