View topic - Team Events

Team Events

Announcements, complaints and other discussion about all aspects of our website.

Team Events

Postby GregS » Tue Jan 10, 2012 6:10 pm

I've just posted an update that adds the much-requested "team events" feature to attendance tracking. Captains can now add events such as practices, parties, etc., and attendance will be tracked for them in exactly the same way as games. Events will show up on your team schedule and yearly attendance summary, but only for people on the team (so your opponents don't know you're practicing).

Still to come is the ability to invite non-rostered players to games and events.

As always, if you see anything not quite right, or have suggestions on how to improve things, let me know!
Did you get that thing I sent you?
GregS
TUC Webmaster

Postby GwaiLo » Wed Jan 11, 2012 1:23 am

Greg - can you add a "like" button to the BBS so that I can "like" your message below? I'm not sure how people communicated before facebook.
GwaiLo

great add!

Postby melissa_alvares » Wed Jan 11, 2012 3:59 pm

This is a cool feature, especially for Swingers since we party a lot more than we actually play.
melissa_alvares

Re: Team Events

Postby lwswong » Fri Mar 02, 2012 10:19 am

GregS wrote:I've just posted an update that adds the much-requested "team events" feature to attendance tracking. Captains can now add events such as practices, parties, etc., and attendance will be tracked for them in exactly the same way as games. Events will show up on your team schedule and yearly attendance summary, but only for people on the team (so your opponents don't know you're practicing).

Still to come is the ability to invite non-rostered players to games and events.

As always, if you see anything not quite right, or have suggestions on how to improve things, let me know!

Greg - just noticed that team events dont show up in your "recent and upcoming games" page (i.e the default games/events page). Is this by design?

it would be a nice frill to have those consolidated with the other events in one's personal events section, but maybe there is a reason for it not being there that i don't understand.
lwswong

Re: Team Events

Postby GregS » Sat Mar 03, 2012 7:43 pm

lwswong wrote:Greg - just noticed that team events dont show up in your "recent and upcoming games" page (i.e the default games/events page). Is this by design?

it would be a nice frill to have those consolidated with the other events in one's personal events section, but maybe there is a reason for it not being there that i don't understand.

They aren't missing from that area on purpose. Though they look similar in many ways, team events are completely independent from games. As a result, they didn't start showing up automatically, and they simply haven't (yet) been added to that area, mostly because I never thought of it.

I expect I'll get to this pretty soon, although there aren't a lot of people using this feature just yet, so it's not a top priority, and will probably have to wait until some changes for spring/summer registration are completed.
Did you get that thing I sent you?
GregS
TUC Webmaster

Return to TUC Website