TUC Fall Outdoor Programs Cancelled

Good Morning Athletes, Parents and Coaches,

Over the past 3 days, the TUC staff have been watching press conferences, reading bulletins, and discussing and creating what-ifs plans regarding case numbers and infection rates.

We’ve set up our own evaluation system to determine whether we feel comfortable running, and unfortunately, we have surpassed those thresholds. While the City of Toronto has not banned outdoor sports, we know that Toronto Public Health has ceased contact tracing in light of overwhelming case counts. Toronto's Medical Officer of Health, Dr. DeVilla, has also recommended “as much as possible that we only consider leaving our homes for essential activities.”

In our eyes, running an ultimate program is not a risk we’re willing to take when the public health system is strained, and the health of so many people is on the line.

We’ve also had a number of parents and coaches inform us they would not be able to attend today (while the weather has not been a significant factor in our decision, it has likely been a consideration for many who have already opted out of today’s programs).

In light of all of the above, we are making the difficult decision to cancel today’s session.

This will unfortunately conclude our Fall Outdoor season. It’s not the way we wanted it to end, but, given the summer that we had, it was a tremendous joy to get out and see everyone enjoying the sport over the past 3 weekends.

I want to thank all of you for trusting us to make ultimate as safe as possible under these conditions, and an extra big thanks to all of our coaches who donated their time, and took the brave steps back onto the field to make these programs so amazing. I can’t say enough about all of you, and I really wish we could take the field one last time so that we could give you all the big round of applause you deserve.

Because this was not a mandated closure, but one we chose to enact ourselves, we will be automatically applying a credit of $12.50 to everyone who registered for the class. TUC has been under significant financial strain over the past 7 months, and so:

 a) if you require a refund, rather than a credit, please let us know, and we will do our best to accommodate you.

 b) If you would like to donate your credit to the club, please let us know, and we’ll mark it as such.

Once again, thank you, and we hope to see you all on the fields very soon!

Stay safe,

Jamie, on behalf of the TUC Staff