15 September 2020
We are excited to announce the details of our Fall Indoor League Offerings.
But before we share that information, we wanted to thank those who participated in our latest survey regarding the Fall Indoor Season for their feedback. Based on the feedback, particularly concerning the length of the programs, which indicated you, our membership, preferred the 8-week offering to the shorter 4-week offerings, we have switched gears and will be offering 8-week programs for Fall Indoor!
We also received many questions through our latest survey about indoor spaces and protocols.
We have spoken with our venue providers to discuss their protocols for our use of the space:
- How many participants are allowed on the field? And who is considered a participant?
- How are they handling multiple user groups in the same space?
- How often is the air filtered, and completely exchanged with new fresh air?
- There will be dedicated entry and exit points to separate incoming and outgoing user groups at Monarch.
- There will be 5 to 10 minutes allotted between user group end times and start times, and or staggered start times depending on the facility.
- The number of participants (players, coaches, officials) allowed on the field will vary depending on the venue. Downsview will have a maximum of 25 and Monarch the maximum is 50. These capacity numbers include spectators (Parents, caregivers, etc.). Our venues are also recommending no spectators, and if there are spectators (parents/guardians of minors), they will be required to wear a mask per City bylaws and practice physical distancing at all times.
- The ventilation system, specifically at Monarch; all the air inside the dome, every 30 minutes will circulate through the furnace and filter systems. And every 3.5 hours all the air will be removed and exchanged with new fresh air. This air change rate meets the American Society of Heating, Refrigeration and Air-Conditioning Engineers standards for Acceptable Indoor Air Quality for Sports Arenas and Stadiums, and significantly exceeds the standards for Educational Facilities, Office Buildings, Restaurants, Public Assembly Spaces and Retail Spaces.
Fall Indoor League Registration Dates
This year, for Fall Indoor, we are doing pre-registration based on a first come first serve (no payment required) basis. Once leagues are confirmed, those in the league will receive an email and will have 48 hours to confirm their spot with payment before it becomes available to someone on the waitlist.
Registration (pre-registration) for all TUC Fall Indoor Leagues will open on Monday, September 21st at 10:00 a.m.
Adult League Offerings
This year, we will be offering four (4) leagues. These leagues will be small, consisting of 4 teams (or 48 individuals) in each, and as such we expect demand will be high and that we will have teams/individuals on the waitlist. We will do our best to attempt to procure additional field time to accommodate our membership on waitlists, however, no guarantees!
Here are the leagues will be offering:
- Tuesday 5-on-5 High Int/Comp League @ Monarch 7pm - 9pm
- Thursday 4-on-4 Rec/Low Int @ Monarch 8pm – 9pm
- Thursday (5-on-5) HAT League @ Downsview 8:35pm – 11:50pm
- Sunday Masters (5-on-5) League @ Monarch 2pm – 4pm
For more details, check out our Fall Indoor Adult League page!
Junior Program Offerings
This year, we will be offering 3 Junior programs. These programs will consist of up to 32 individuals per program cohort!
We will be offering the following to our Junior Membership:
- Thursday U19 Program @ Monarch 7pm - 8pm
- Sunday U12 Program @ Monarch 1pm to 2pm
- Sunday U16 Program @ Monarch 2pm to 3pm