Pre-Teen Programs run for 3 seasons. Summer typically encompasses May - September; Fall from October - December; and Winter from January - April. Please visit the page links below for more specific seasonal information.
In 2017 we will continue to run sessions for players under 10 and under 14 (aged 6 - 13). With the continued growth of youth aged participants we are further restructuring our Pre-Teen program to provide improved programming for kids based on their age and skill levels:
The FUNdamentals for u10's (6-9 years old)
Learn all fundamental movement skills and introduce basic Ultimate skills in a fun environment. Participants will be provided with a well-structured, fun and stimulating environment to develop the ABC’s of athleticism (agility, balance, coordination and speed), hand-eye coordination and time to experiment with basic Ultimate specific skills. Introduction to Spirit of the Game (SOTG).
Learn to Play for u14's (10-13 years old)
Learn general Ultimate skills and develop understanding of Spirit of the Game (SOTG) in a fun and cooperative environment. Participants will begin mastering the basic Ultimate skills through training and skill specific drills. Structured competition is introduced to test skills learned in practice. Increased focus on Spirit of the Game will help participants develop emotional control, communication skills and sportsmanship.
All participants for our Pre-Teen sessions will be divided up according to age/skill level and grouped accordingly. All sessions are co-ed but if registration numbers dictate we will split the group by gender.
- Ultimate for youth aged 6-13.
- Games happen weekly.
- No car, no problem! Games are in the same location each week to help facilitate carpooling.
- Youth teams are balanced according to age and skill level.
- Players may request to be placed on the same team as one other player, and TUC will do our best to place them together.
- Our youth league depends on volunteer coaches. If you are interested in volunteering as a Youth Coach, please email email@example.com.