In extraneous circumstances where a TUC member is severely injured and does not have proper medical coverage, the following details the insurance coverage offered to members of TUC while playing scheduled TUC league games and TUC sanctioned events. Please note that this coverage does not apply to non-TUC sanctioned events such as Nationals, regional tournaments and pick-up:
Effective Dates: January 1, 2019 to December 31, 2019
Please note that any claim must be submitted to TUC within a 6-month time frame from the date of the incident. All claims should include a detailed incident report that outlines when/where/how/why the accident occurred. Should a claim be approved, all receipts must be submitted within one year from the date of the incident.
Amounts and Limits
- Accidental Death, Dismemberment or Loss of Sight - $10,000
- Aggregate Limit - $2,000,000
- Accidental Medical Expenses - $10,000 (covers expenses incurred in Canada and that are in excess of any government medical/hospital plan and/or any other policy providing reimbursement)
- Accidental Dental Expenses - $5,000
- Fractures - $500
- Repatriation Benefit - $10,000
- Family Transportation Benefit - $10,000
All claims must be submitted directly to TUC. To apply for a claim please contact firstname.lastname@example.org. For more information regarding amounts and limits contact Blair Hancock at BFL at 1-613-454-8282.