Revised September 26th, 2020
NOTE: A PDF version of this document is also available.
This policy identifies refunds that may be requested with respect to membership, league fees, and events fees. Refund requests should be directed to ED@TUC.ORG. Refunds are granted under the following conditions:
- All refunds are subject to a minimum administration fee of 10% or $5.00, whichever is greater. A TUC player has the option to take a credit that is not subject to this administration fee which can be used for future membership, league or event fees.
- If a member who signs up as an individual (individual registration) decides to quit after playing less than 25% of their games, a pro-rated refund will be granted less a 10% administration fee or $5.00 administration fee, whichever is greater.
- Please note that TUC does not issue individual player refunds for 'team' registrations; meaning if your captain registers a team and you pay the captain your portion of the team fee, it is between you and the captain to determine any individual refunds for the team contribution, not TUC.
- If a team (league team registration) decides to quit before the season begins a refund will be granted less an administration fee of 10% or $5.00, whichever is greater, provided that the cancellation occurs more than five business days prior to the start date of the associated league. Team refunds are not issued once a season begins or within 5 business days of the league start date.
- If a team or member (tournament/event registration) decides to quit before a special event begins they should refer to the refund policy that is stipulated for that specific event (in the event registration details). In the absence of special event refund details the above stipulation of two business days notice will apply (to both teams and individuals), and a refund will be granted less a 10% administration fee or minimum $5.00 administration fee, whichever is greater.
- If a member or team is incorrectly charged or charged more than once for their registration a refund will be granted for the incorrect difference.
- Pro-rated refunds can be requested in extraordinary circumstances (e.g. if a player becomes seriously injured after playing more than 25% of their games) and are at the discretion of the ED.
- Venue cancellation - If a venue is unable to provide TUC with its programming space, a credit will be issued once TUC has received payment from the venue. TUC cannot issue a refund prior to receiving money owed but can issue a credit to an affected player or captain.
- All refunds will be issued in the initial method of payment to the payee.
- Other situations may warrant a refund, at the discretion of the ED, and will be subject to a minimum administration fee of 10% or $5.00, whichever is greater.
Appeals of the ED's refusal to grant a refund or partial refund should be directed to the TUC Board President (firstname.lastname@example.org) within 15 days of a receipt issued.
Insufficient Funds (NSF) - Refused Credit Cards
- A $15 surcharge will be added when a payment cheque cannot be cashed due to insufficient funds or when a manual credit card transaction slip is refused. (Note: the on-line payments system validates credit cards in real time. There is no surcharge if an on-line transaction is refused.)
Need More Answers?
If you have any further specific questions about registration, please contact email@example.com or by phone (416) 461-0882.