The Toronto Ultimate Club's 2007 Midseason Tournament is a great opportunity for all TUC members and teams to test their skills against players from other TUC Nights & Divisions, and to prepare for the second half of the TUC Summer season and the drive to the Playoffs. And what better way is there to spend a summer weekend than enjoying some spirited Ultimate with your fellow TUC members?
All games are played at beautiful SUNNYBROOK PARK. This one is different from our Hat Tournaments though - you enter your summer TUC team, not as an individual. The tournament entry is free of charge to all TUC teams, and $15 for non-members (team captains will be asked to confirm team rosters). The tournament follows the league format, as all teams must be Coed (4/3-3/4). Each team is guaranteed 6 games over the weekend, and the usual Ultimate tournament amenities (bagels, bananas, oranges, water, physio) are provided.
Thirty-seven teams took to the Sunnybrook fields for this year's Mid-Season Tournament. It was a fantastic weekend of ultimate and three tier champions were crowned. Congratulations to Big Hammers, Superheroes in Training and Tomatoes by You, this year's champions! Big Hammers beat Tony & Carmel 8-6 to take the Tier A crown. Superheroes in Training were victorious in Tier B and Tomatoes by You won Tier C. And a special congratulations to Flick This for winning the Mid-Season Spirit Award.
Big Hammers - Mid-Season Champions
Superheroes in Training - Tier B Champions
Tomatoes by You - Tier C Champions
Flick This - Spirit Award Winners
Teams Registered for Midseason
- Play Anything
- Dark Force
- Throw Les Vaches
- Plan Jedi (combination of Jedi Disc Council & Plan Q)
- The Big Kahunas
- Hounds and Friends (Release the Hounds plus random players)
- Funky Hustle
- I Like You! Do You Like Me?!
- Ninjastars (combination of Wednesday & Thursday Ninjastars teams)
- Floppy Discs
- Cheesy Hustle (combination of Kung Fu Hustle and Grilled Cheese)
- Tony & Carmel (mix of players from Sweet, Guanxi and Berzurk)
- Purple Monkey Tigers (Purple Monkey Dishwasher)
- SeXXXy Results
- Fatigued Bunny Killers
- Game, Set, Schlitz (C.O.O.L.)
- Kooks (Kookaburras)
- Huckengruven Frankensteinen (combination of Huckengruven and Ultimus Prime)
- Flick Off (Dirt B players)
- TJSL (Toronto Juniors Summer League players)
- Lions, Tigers and Bear Oh My!
- Big Hammers
- Flick This
- Tomatoes by You (combination of Blue by You and Tucking Fomatoes)
- Disc in a Box
- Fajita Aficionados (random players)
- Disciples of Love
- Snap Crackle and Pop (DTI players)
- Superheroes in Training (combination of Legend of Montezuma and Beefy Layout)